Lance Armstrong

Anonymous

Guest
Is Lance Armstrong the best cyclist the world has ever seen?

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:10:54 -0000, Barry Carson wrote:
> Is Lance Armstrong the best cyclist the world has ever seen?

No, troll.

<[email protected]> wrote:

>Is Lance Armstrong the best cyclist the world has ever seen?

I bet the kids round where I live can do a longer wheelie than Lance.

--
"Nettiquette" states that a signature should be no more than four lines long.

Barry Carson wrote:

> Is Lance Armstrong the best cyclist the world has ever seen?

It depends what criteria you use to determine the best cyclist in the world.

For instance would the best cyclist in the world have to win all the tours and not just "le Tour
de France"?

Or would the best cyclist in the world be a five times winner of "le Tour de France", and a survivor
of cancer?

Personally I think Mr Armstrong may not be the best cyclist ever yet, but I'd put him in the top 5.

Of course if he goes on to win in Paris next year then maybe he will be classed by many as the
world's best cyclist, including me.

Barry Carson wrote:
> Is Lance Armstrong the best cyclist the world has ever seen?

Define "best cyclist". I'd imagine he would be beaten out of sight on any serious descent trails by
the local kids...

Pete
http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

Andy Hibbins wrote:

> Barry Carson wrote:
>
> > Is Lance Armstrong the best cyclist the world has ever seen?
>

> Personally I think Mr Armstrong may not be the best cyclist ever yet, but I'd put him in
> the top 5.
>
> Of course if he goes on to win in Paris next year then maybe he will be classed by many as the
> world's best cyclist, including me.

If he wins, I would too. But only if Merckx is riding ;-)

John B

Originally posted by Johnb
Andy Hibbins wrote:

> Barry Carson wrote:
>
><snip>

If he wins, I would too. But only if Merckx is riding ;-)

John B

Mrcks retired ageas ago so it wouldn't be a fair race. :D

> Is Lance Armstrong the best cyclist the world has ever seen?

Dunno, does he cycle on the pavement?

> Is Lance Armstrong the best cyclist the world has ever seen?

Fell off or something didn't he? My Gran reckons she's never fallen off her bike in 60 odd years.

and you dont see him bunny hopping that often and thats one of the easiest in the book! "Andy P"

Andy P <[email protected]> wrote:

:> Is Lance Armstrong the best cyclist the world has ever seen?

: Fell off or something didn't he? My Gran reckons she's never fallen off her bike in 60 odd years.

and those socks! Man, someone has to tell him his socks are too long :)

Arthur

--
Arthur Clune http://www.clune.org "Technolibertarians make a philosophy out of a personality defect"
- Paulina Borsook

"Arthur Clune" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Andy P <[email protected]> wrote:

> :> Is Lance Armstrong the best cyclist the world has ever seen?
>
> : Fell off or something didn't he? My Gran reckons she's never fallen off
her
> : bike in 60 odd years.
>
> and those socks! Man, someone has to tell him his socks are too long :)

Well said, I thought that nobody else had noticed !

Graham

> Arthur
>
> --
> Arthur Clune http://www.clune.org "Technolibertarians make a philosophy out of a
> personality defect"
> - Paulina Borsook

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:39:36 +0100, Peter Clinch
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Barry Carson wrote:
>> Is Lance Armstrong the best cyclist the world has ever seen?
>
>Define "best cyclist". I'd imagine he would be beaten out of sight on any serious descent trails by
>the local kids...
>
>Pete
Errr...

Don't think so somehow. He's one of the world's best triathletes, too!

Steve

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 16:51:13 +0000 (UTC), Steve Holdoway <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:39:36 +0100, Peter Clinch
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Barry Carson wrote:
>>> Is Lance Armstrong the best cyclist the world has ever seen?
>>
>>Define "best cyclist". I'd imagine he would be beaten out of sight on any serious descent trails
>>by the local kids...
>>
>>Pete
>Errr...
>
>Don't think so somehow. He's one of the world's best triathletes, too!

And did you see the cyclo-cross he did on this year's Tour?

Regards! Stephen

Barry Carson wrote:

> Is Lance Armstrong the best cyclist the world has ever seen?

No, Merckx was. That question shouldn't even be asked.

the best where eddy merckx and bernard hinault armstrong is another doped extraordinary athlete but
never the best peter

news:[email protected]...