Lance Armstrong

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Anonymous, Sep 25, 2003.

  1. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    Is Lance Armstrong the best cyclist the world has ever seen?

    Tags:

  2. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

  3. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

  4. On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:10:54 -0000, Barry Carson wrote:
    > Is Lance Armstrong the best cyclist the world has ever seen?

    No, troll.

  5. <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Is Lance Armstrong the best cyclist the world has ever seen?

    I bet the kids round where I live can do a longer wheelie than Lance.

    --
    "Nettiquette" states that a signature should be no more than four lines long.

  6. Andy Hibbins

    Andy Hibbins Guest

    Barry Carson wrote:

    > Is Lance Armstrong the best cyclist the world has ever seen?

    It depends what criteria you use to determine the best cyclist in the world.

    For instance would the best cyclist in the world have to win all the tours and not just "le Tour
    de France"?

    Or would the best cyclist in the world be a five times winner of "le Tour de France", and a survivor
    of cancer?

    Personally I think Mr Armstrong may not be the best cyclist ever yet, but I'd put him in the top 5.

    Of course if he goes on to win in Paris next year then maybe he will be classed by many as the
    world's best cyclist, including me.

  7. Peter Clinch

    Peter Clinch Guest

    Barry Carson wrote:
    > Is Lance Armstrong the best cyclist the world has ever seen?

    Define "best cyclist". I'd imagine he would be beaten out of sight on any serious descent trails by
    the local kids...

    Pete
    http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

  8. Johnb

    Johnb Guest

    Andy Hibbins wrote:

    > Barry Carson wrote:
    >
    > > Is Lance Armstrong the best cyclist the world has ever seen?
    >

    > Personally I think Mr Armstrong may not be the best cyclist ever yet, but I'd put him in
    > the top 5.
    >
    > Of course if he goes on to win in Paris next year then maybe he will be classed by many as the
    > world's best cyclist, including me.

    If he wins, I would too. But only if Merckx is riding ;-)

    John B

  9. rider

    rider New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2003
    Mrcks retired ageas ago so it wouldn't be a fair race. :D

  10. Andy P

    Andy P Guest

    > Is Lance Armstrong the best cyclist the world has ever seen?

    Dunno, does he cycle on the pavement?

  11. Andy P

    Andy P Guest

    > Is Lance Armstrong the best cyclist the world has ever seen?

    Fell off or something didn't he? My Gran reckons she's never fallen off her bike in 60 odd years.

  12. Casper

    Casper Guest

    and you dont see him bunny hopping that often and thats one of the easiest in the book! "Andy P"

    > > Is Lance Armstrong the best cyclist the world has ever seen?
    >
    > Fell off or something didn't he? My Gran reckons she's never fallen off
    her
    > bike in 60 odd years.

  13. Willowbeauty

    Willowbeauty Guest

    news:[email protected]...
    > Is Lance Armstrong the best cyclist the world has ever seen?

    Nope, but makes the Top 10 which is good enough for me!

  14. Arthur Clune

    Arthur Clune Guest

    Andy P <[email protected]> wrote:

    :> Is Lance Armstrong the best cyclist the world has ever seen?

    : Fell off or something didn't he? My Gran reckons she's never fallen off her bike in 60 odd years.

    and those socks! Man, someone has to tell him his socks are too long :)

    Arthur

    --
    Arthur Clune http://www.clune.org "Technolibertarians make a philosophy out of a personality defect"
    - Paulina Borsook

  15. W K

    W K Guest

    "Casper" <no [email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > and you dont see him bunny hopping that often and thats one of the easiest in the book!

    Well. its below him innit?

    OTOH a lad at our school could do wheelies on his racer - standing up.

  16. Graham

    Graham Guest

    "Arthur Clune" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Andy P <[email protected]> wrote:

    > :> Is Lance Armstrong the best cyclist the world has ever seen?
    >
    > : Fell off or something didn't he? My Gran reckons she's never fallen off
    her
    > : bike in 60 odd years.
    >
    > and those socks! Man, someone has to tell him his socks are too long :)

    Well said, I thought that nobody else had noticed !

    Graham

    > Arthur
    >
    > --
    > Arthur Clune http://www.clune.org "Technolibertarians make a philosophy out of a
    > personality defect"
    > - Paulina Borsook

  17. On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:39:36 +0100, Peter Clinch
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Barry Carson wrote:
    >> Is Lance Armstrong the best cyclist the world has ever seen?
    >
    >Define "best cyclist". I'd imagine he would be beaten out of sight on any serious descent trails by
    >the local kids...
    >
    >Pete
    Errr...

    Don't think so somehow. He's one of the world's best triathletes, too!

    Steve

  18. On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 16:51:13 +0000 (UTC), Steve Holdoway <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:39:36 +0100, Peter Clinch
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Barry Carson wrote:
    >>> Is Lance Armstrong the best cyclist the world has ever seen?
    >>
    >>Define "best cyclist". I'd imagine he would be beaten out of sight on any serious descent trails
    >>by the local kids...
    >>
    >>Pete
    >Errr...
    >
    >Don't think so somehow. He's one of the world's best triathletes, too!

    And did you see the cyclo-cross he did on this year's Tour?

    Regards! Stephen

  19. Barry Carson wrote:

    > Is Lance Armstrong the best cyclist the world has ever seen?

    No, Merckx was. That question shouldn't even be asked.

  20. Pmj

    Pmj Guest

    the best where eddy merckx and bernard hinault armstrong is another doped extraordinary athlete but
    never the best peter

    news:[email protected]...