Lance Armstrong

Lance will have to lose , like Indurain , there is nobody at the moment good enough to beat him , damn it .
He´s been fortunate in that the weather has been abnormaly cold and wet , the norm is hot and that´s his achillies heel he does not cope well with the heat , this year he was under pressure for the first time and this year started hot .

Originally posted by captnsavaho
will Lance get 6?

It would be very difficult to bet against him - But I must admit things didn't look so convincing last year with Ulrich looking very strong and Joseba Beloki looking great until he crashed out...This may be the closest Tour in a long time. A lot will depend on USP's tactics as well - The other teams weren't riden into the ground like previous years.

Until he has been beaten we can't say he will not win the next, it think the question is wether or not the others will win!

Originally posted by Beastt
I'll let you know what I think in August. :D

But I'd like to see him do it.

I'll bet that he won't even make to the tour this year. He's thinking about that ***** Crow and his penis and not all the money his ex wife will take in the divorce. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge L fan and woulod love to see him win. It's all about the puss!!!!

Originally posted by captnsavaho
I'll bet that he won't even make to the tour this year. He's thinking about that ***** Crow and his penis and not all the money his ex wife will take in the divorce. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge L fan and woulod love to see him win. It's all about the puss!!!!

Uhmmm....

... not that I know Lance at all but, I get the feeling you've missed something about his character.

:eek:

The field's much deeper this year than in recent years. All of a sudden lots of people are coming of age/finding their form. Hamilton, Vino, Heras, Ullrich, Beloki etc. It will be abnormally tough and close because of the way the Tour will be weighted towards the last week, and so Lance will have to be watching all the contenders at the same time. And they will all be targeting him.

It'll probably be a damn close run thing, and probably between more than two people, but it'll be a damn good show, and I'll definitely be rooting for no. 6!

I notice that not many people talk about Tyler Hamilton in a Tour-podium context, at least in this forum... 4th last year with that collarbone for three weeks? If that was him on a bad run, I'm thinking that seeing him on a good three weeks might be pretty scary...

Originally posted by pineapple
I notice that not many people talk about Tyler Hamilton in a Tour-podium context, at least in this forum... 4th last year with that collarbone for three weeks? If that was him on a bad run, I'm thinking that seeing him on a good three weeks might be pretty scary...

Tyler was indeed amazing last year. I can't help but wonder if 2003 won't turn out to be his best ever year. There is certainly something about his ability, his drive and his grit that makes you want to support him but I've seen a few too many riders who were in excellent form one year then seem to drop out of sight. (Alex Zulle comes to mind.)

Wouldn't it be interesting to see Lance on top with Hamilton occupying the #2 podium position this next year? Then again, you almost have to want to see Ullrich finally get some more yellow after so many years coming in second. I'm definitely cheering Armstrong again this year but I'm hoping that after Lance is done winning, Ullrich will be able to slip from second up to first place. There are just so many riders who have worked so hard and who show such dedication to the sport that I end up wanting to see them all win. For 2004, since I get to pick only one winner, I'm supporting Lance all the way.

:D Armstrong in 2004!

I think LA has got to be favourite for 2004.

OK he struggled (by his standards) at certain points during the
2003 TDF.
The gap between the rest of the field and LA closed in 2003.
But he still managed to win it.

The pressure to win year after year is corrosive and I do think that LA is not the same cyclist as he was in his earlier years of success in the TDF.

But conversely, the prize this year is to be the first man to win 6 T's DF.
LA identifies his whole being with winning the TDF and I believe that this fact makes him even more determined to win this year.
I would never beat against him !

My head says LA.

I would dearly love to see Ullrich win in 2004 as I think he is a better cyclist than Armstrong, but if LA did win, I suppose I wouldn't begrudge him a 6th title.

Either way, I hope that '04 TDF is half as exciting as the '03 TDF.