Lance Armstrong's brake levers

Campy makes some nice stuff. Wouldn't use it on my bike, but still, nice stuff.

While I'm sure that Lance didn't use this setup for this reason, he still brings us all closer together: unifying both STI die-hards AND wobbly-riding, downtube-shifter freaks like myself. If only he would run for President and unite the U.S. in the same way. Damn, I think I'm going to go buy an STI lever just to show my solidarity for all shifting mechanisms. Maybe I'll buy a Campy brake lever, and a Suntour rear D. to go with it...

:eek:
king_matt87 said:
the main reason he use and shimano brake lever and down tube shiffter is that shimaNO offers no fine tuning in the front shifting like Campagnolo and as u can c teh levers r very much a different shape some others ridders running Campagnolo use down tube shifters too but at least teh levers are same size and style all u can c is the is no inside lever but yer lance's levers look poo it's no way helping shimano he only uses 1 lever then again it might b because he can't aford the STI lever on average Campagnolo Ergo($600 levers r $200 AUSD cheaper than shimaNO($800 sti RRP

Hey Donkey,
After reading your profile i wasn't suprised at all to see that your from Tasmania, obviously spelling and grammar are still to be added to the States primary school english criteria. Its a weight saving measure used by lance in the mountains, plain and simple! :eek:

aussiemike said:
:eek:

Hey Donkey,
After reading your profile i wasn't suprised at all to see that your from Tasmania, obviously spelling and grammar are still to be added to the States primary school english criteria. Its a weight saving measure used by lance in the mountains, plain and simple! :eek:
You have at least seven grammatical errors in your two sentence statement. He who casts stones in a glass house.....

Who cares what the crack smoking butt pirate Pantani used. This post is about Lance's levers.

davidbod said:
Nice try, but its for weight savings. In a mountain stage when they go up the mountain they put it in the small chainring and leave it there for the whole climb. Then on the decent they put it in the big chain ring and leave it there for the whole decent. They don't need the fast shifting ability of an STI lever so they bag it for standard brake lever and downtube front shifter purely for weight savings on mountain stages.

Well, you did a lot better job than me deciphering that post. I assume English is not king_matt87's first language. I couldn't even figure out what the hell he was talking about.