Lance back in training

Denia said:
Have a look at the link on Cycling news - who´s that leading the Discovery pack? I wonder if cycling beside Basso rekindled the competitive spirit, he looks a bit red in the face on the climb mind you . . .

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=features/2007/discovery_camp07

http://www.cyclingnews.com/newsphotos.php?id=/photos/2007/features/discovery_camp07/lanceisstilltheleaderhere
How is the weather in denia? I'm comin over for 3 weeks in mid march as a cycle guide. :D

NJK said:
How is the weather in denia? I'm comin over for 3 weeks in mid march as a cycle guide. :D
At the moment very mixed. January was in the mid 20s one week and down in single figures the next. A few of the pros teams, including QuickStep and Rabobank, were in this area first fortnight in January and enjoyed great weather.

March should be fine and reasonably warm.

Who are you guiding for? If it´s Terry at CostaBlancaCyling.com I´ll probably meet up with you as he´s a good friend of mine.

Cheers

Denia

Denia said:
At the moment very mixed. January was in the mid 20s one week and down in single figures the next. A few of the pros teams, including QuickStep and Rabobank, were in this area first fortnight in January and enjoyed great weather.

March should be fine and reasonably warm.

Who are you guiding for? If it´s Terry at CostaBlancaCyling.com I´ll probably meet up with you as he´s a good friend of mine.

Cheers

Denia
Yes it is for terry. He has quite a few riders arriving in march. Got to get some riding in if the rates & bernia climbs are going to be on the menu

NJK said:
Yes it is for terry. He has quite a few riders arriving in march. Got to get some riding in if the rates & bernia climbs are going to be on the menu
Neil - For sure the Col de Rates and Bernia will be on the menu. As well as the 25km climb from Pego to Margarida or the shorter but steeper reverse climb up to Val Debo. At least in March the tar won´t be melting and the roads will be quiet.

Have you been out before? Are you staying out for the Ruta de Marmol marcha in early April?

Denia said:
Neil - For sure the Col de Rates and Bernia will be on the menu. As well as the 25km climb from Pego to Margarida or the shorter but steeper reverse climb up to Val Debo. At least in March the tar won´t be melting and the roads will be quiet.

Have you been out before? Are you staying out for the Ruta de Marmol marcha in early April?
I've been out quite a few times because my bro lives in javea. I've stayed with Terry as well as joining hime for some group rides. I remember the climb to margarida as we did it to see the vuelta a few years ago. At the moment it i'm staying until april 4th.

Denia said:
he looks a bit red in the face on the climb mind you . . .
He just needs to get back on the EPO. He was never able to climb without it. Heck, we know from Stephen Swart that he started using it in 1997; before that he wasn't even able to finish the Tour.

Lance is a runner now---pitching $300 1011 Nike shoes and....

running from the truth!

Run Lance run!!!!!!!

wolfix said:
He's training for the ride in Iowa in July..... RAGBRAI.
From what I here the only training needed for RAGBRAI is the 12oz curls. Maybe some upper body work for the keg stands during the breaks.

RobertCZ said:
From what I here the only training needed for RAGBRAI is the 12oz curls. Maybe some upper body work for the keg stands during the breaks.
Exactly. I can tell you are a man that knows your cycling. There's also plenty of good food....... great looking cycling babes, and 500 miles of riding in 7 days...... Did I mention that on occasion a there is a naked cycling babe??????

Doped or not, I really hope Lance comes back. The Tour is really boring without him.
GO Lance GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wolfix said:
Exactly. I can tell you are a man that knows your cycling. There's also plenty of good food....... great looking cycling babes, and 500 miles of riding in 7 days...... Did I mention that on occasion a there is a naked cycling babe??????
Are there any good places to get some advice about riding RAGBRAI... in terms of 'going it alone' or paying for one of the 'set up your tent' services?