Lance "Big Tex" Armstrong

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ohioburg, Feb 26, 2004.

  1. Ohioburg

    Ohioburg Guest

    Love the new commercial. Who's he fighting?

    Rick

    Tags:

  2. Omc

    Omc Guest

    "Ohioburg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<Npy%[email protected]>...
    > Love the new commercial. Who's he fighting?
    >
    > Rick

    He is kicking the shit out of Simoni.........he wanted to take on Jan but couldn't make the same
    weight class. Love the fake tatoo's !!!! Damn amazing what they can do in the studio. Ok....what
    boxing match between pro cyclists would we really like to see ????

    "OMC"

  3. On 27 Feb 2004 08:05:46 -0800, OMC wrote:
    > Ok....what boxing match between pro cyclists would we really like to see ????

    Peter Van Petegem - Chris Hoy (also nice roadie/trackie theme to add to the entertainment value).

  4. "OMC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Ohioburg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<Npy%[email protected]>...
    > > Love the new commercial. Who's he fighting?
    > >
    > > Rick
    >
    > He is kicking the shit out of Simoni.........he wanted to take on Jan but couldn't make the same
    > weight class. Love the fake tatoo's !!!! Damn amazing what they can do in the studio. Ok....what
    > boxing match between pro cyclists would we really like to see ????

    Dumbass -

    None of them.

    The better a road cyclist's cycling ability, the worse his fighting ability.

  5. "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > > He is kicking the shit out of Simoni.........he wanted to take on Jan but couldn't make the same
    > > weight class. Love the fake tatoo's !!!! Damn amazing what they can do in the studio. Ok....what
    > > boxing match between pro cyclists would we really like to see ????
    >

    > Dumbass -
    >

    > None of them.
    >

    > The better a road cyclist's cycling ability, the worse his fighting
    ability.

    Didn't LANCE have a throwdown or two in his pre-cancer days?

  6. Clovis Lark

    Clovis Lark Guest

    Kurgan Gringioni <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "OMC" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> "Ohioburg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<Npy%[email protected]>...
    >> > Love the new commercial. Who's he fighting?
    >> >
    >> > Rick
    >>
    >> He is kicking the shit out of Simoni.........he wanted to take on Jan but couldn't make the same
    >> weight class. Love the fake tatoo's !!!! Damn amazing what they can do in the studio. Ok....what
    >> boxing match between pro cyclists would we really like to see ????

    The one Lance was in during the 96 Tour when he got caught in a crash in the rain in eastern France?

    > Dumbass -

    > None of them.

    > The better a road cyclist's cycling ability, the worse his fighting ability.

  7. Omc

    Omc Guest

    Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On 27 Feb 2004 08:05:46 -0800, OMC wrote:
    > > Ok....what boxing match between pro cyclists would we really like to see ????
    >
    > Peter Van Petegem - Chris Hoy (also nice roadie/trackie theme to add to the entertainment value).

    Trackie Theme.... I would really like to see Marty Nothstein kick the crap out of Jamey Carney if we
    are talking track smack down. The tough part would be to fit both those big heads into one boxing
    ring at the same time.

    "OMC"

  8. Ames

    Ames Guest

  9. Donald Munro

    Donald Munro Guest

    Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
    > Dumbass -
    >

    > None of them.
    >

    > The better a road cyclist's cycling ability, the worse his fighting ability.

    I'm sure Allbright will be glad to hear that.

  10. Ohioburg

    Ohioburg Guest

    "Ames" <[email protected]ahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Ohioburg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<Npy%[email protected]>...
    > > Love the new commercial. Who's he fighting?
    > >
    > > Rick
    >
    > Supposedly he's fighting a real boxer named Fitz Vanderpool. Here is the guy's website:
    > http://www.fitzthewhip.com/thewhip.htm

    During the weigh-in, the note at the bottom of the screen says his last fight was a TKO over Jean
    Eichaker on 7/27/03. Any significance to this (inside joke?).

  11. Ohioburg <[email protected]> wrote:

    > During the weigh-in, the note at the bottom of the screen says his last fight was a TKO over Jean
    > Eichaker on 7/27/03. Any significance to this (inside joke?).

    Heather's son says, "YOU DIDN'T GET _THAT_ ??"

  12. Drew

    Drew Guest

    > Ok....what boxing match between pro cyclists would we really like to see ????

    Well Jacky Durand was always getting "most combative" in the late nineties but how about the big
    bruisers? Tom Steels vs. Fredric Moncassin to settle the bottle chucking incident? How about the
    Italian Stallions? Petacchi vs Chipo? Actually I think the track sprinters would have the most to
    offer for a grade A match up like Arnaud Tournant vs. Jens Feidler.

  13. Benjamin Weiner wrote:

    > Ohioburg <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>During the weigh-in, the note at the bottom of the screen says his last fight was a TKO over Jean
    >>Eichaker on 7/27/03. Any significance to this (inside joke?).
    >

    > Heather's son says, "YOU DIDN'T GET _THAT_ ??"

    Doncha love those bilingual jokes...?

  14. "Ohioburg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Ames" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > "Ohioburg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<Npy%[email protected]>...
    > > > Love the new commercial. Who's he fighting?
    > > >
    > > > Rick
    > >
    > > Supposedly he's fighting a real boxer named Fitz Vanderpool. Here is the guy's website:
    > > http://www.fitzthewhip.com/thewhip.htm
    >
    > During the weigh-in, the note at the bottom of the screen says his last fight was a TKO over Jean
    > Eichaker on 7/27/03. Any significance to this (inside joke?).

    Check out the results of pro cycling events for 2003, and see what happened on 7/27/03. (hint... it
    has something to do with a big event in France)