Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

Lance commercial.

Started by Marty · · Last activity · 86 posts · 4,886 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
30 May 2005
Last activity
3 June 2005
Original author
Marty
Posts
86
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
4,886
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 61–80 of 86
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. TimC said:

    On 2005-06-01, Euan (aka Bruce)
    was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>>> "Tamyka" == Tamyka Bell <[email hidden]> writes:

    Tamyka> BTW - Hands up who isn't using Microsoft.

    Ubuntu Linux, I'm tempted to say XEmacs although technically XEmacs is
    an editor.

    And an operating system. It's even a kitchen sink!

    Why do we have to hide from the police, Daddy?
    Because we use vi, son. They use emacs.

  2. On 2005-06-02, Carl Brewer (aka Bruce)
    was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

    Quoted message said:
    TimC said:

    On 2005-06-01, Euan (aka Bruce)
    was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

    Quoted message said:

    >>>>> "Tamyka" == Tamyka Bell <[email hidden]> writes:

    Tamyka> BTW - Hands up who isn't using Microsoft.

    Ubuntu Linux, I'm tempted to say XEmacs although technically XEmacs is
    an editor.

    And an operating system. It's even a kitchen sink!

    Why do we have to hide from the police, Daddy?
    Because we use vi, son. They use emacs.

    Who woulda thunk that a newsfroup would be so full of geeks?

    --
    TimC -- http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/staff/tconnors/
    Single White Stick-Figure, L12, enjoys long walks by the shore,
    cooking up a nice menudo, and bashing small animals with sticks. My
    meat sword is enormous. Seeks female Accordian Thief for relationship
    and buffs. -- Riff @ some game forum

  3. TimC said:

    On 2005-06-02, Carl Brewer (aka Bruce)
    was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

    Quoted message said:

    Who woulda thunk that a newsfroup would be so full of geeks?

    Nongeeks use web forums.

    Some of us remember the good old days, when it was ALL geeks!

  4. TimC said:


    On 2005-06-01, Euan (aka Bruce)
    was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>>> "Tamyka" == Tamyka Bell <[email hidden]> writes:

    Tamyka> BTW - Hands up who isn't using Microsoft.

    Ubuntu Linux, I'm tempted to say XEmacs although technically XEmacs is
    an editor.

    And an operating system. It's even a kitchen sink!

    Oooh it sounds perfect for touring!

    Tam

  5. On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 10:52:11 +1000, Tamyka Bell <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    TimC said:


    On 2005-06-01, Euan (aka Bruce)
    was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

    Quoted message said:

    >>>>> "Tamyka" == Tamyka Bell <[email hidden]> writes:

    Tamyka> BTW - Hands up who isn't using Microsoft.

    Ubuntu Linux, I'm tempted to say XEmacs although technically XEmacs is
    an editor.

    And an operating system. It's even a kitchen sink!

    Oooh it sounds perfect for touring!

    Emacs needs a very large trailer. Vi fits in your jersey pocket.

  6. "Carl Brewer" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 10:52:11 +1000, Tamyka Bell <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    TimC said:


    On 2005-06-01, Euan (aka Bruce)
    was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
    >>>>>> "Tamyka" == Tamyka Bell <[email hidden]> writes:
    >
    > Tamyka> BTW - Hands up who isn't using Microsoft.
    >
    > Ubuntu Linux, I'm tempted to say XEmacs although technically XEmacs is
    > an editor.

    And an operating system. It's even a kitchen sink!

    Oooh it sounds perfect for touring!

    Emacs needs a very large trailer. Vi fits in your jersey pocket.


    Ooh! A nice holy war! I haven't seen one of those for a while. So...who's
    going to defend all that's good and pure about Emacs and denigrate all
    that's icky and smelly about Vi?

  7. On 2005-06-02, Resound (aka Bruce)
    was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

    Quoted message said:


    "Carl Brewer" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Emacs needs a very large trailer. Vi fits in your jersey pocket.


    Ooh! A nice holy war! I haven't seen one of those for a while. So...who's
    going to defend all that's good and pure about Emacs and denigrate all
    that's icky and smelly about Vi?

    I'm above that. No need to belittle those using lesser editors.

    --
    TimC -- http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/staff/tconnors/
     *** System shutdown message from root ***
    System going down in 60 seconds

  8. Resound said:


    "Carl Brewer" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 10:52:11 +1000, Tamyka Bell <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    TimC wrote:
    >
    > On 2005-06-01, Euan (aka Bruce)
    > was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
    > >>>>>> "Tamyka" == Tamyka Bell <[email hidden]> writes:
    > >
    > > Tamyka> BTW - Hands up who isn't using Microsoft.
    > >
    > > Ubuntu Linux, I'm tempted to say XEmacs although technically XEmacs is
    > > an editor.
    >
    > And an operating system. It's even a kitchen sink!

    Oooh it sounds perfect for touring!

    Emacs needs a very large trailer. Vi fits in your jersey pocket.


    Ooh! A nice holy war! I haven't seen one of those for a while. So...who's
    going to defend all that's good and pure about Emacs and denigrate all
    that's icky and smelly about Vi?

    *tam back slowly away and returns to thesis writing... emacs... aaaahh*

  9. Resound said:

    Ooh! A nice holy war! I haven't seen one of those for a while. So...who's
    going to defend all that's good and pure about Emacs and denigrate all
    that's icky and smelly about Vi?

    None of us use ED anymore, no-one is pure, there is no higher ground.

  10. Oh look, its one of those Unix/nerdy outbreaks again 😄

    Who on this forum actually does something physical (preferably with lots of banging and swearing) for a crust!?!?!?!?!?!?

    F"mmmmmmm. Banging and Swearing. Shed time!!!"Dutch

  11. flyingdutch said:

    Oh look, its one of those Unix/nerdy outbreaks again 😄

    Who on this forum actually does something physical (preferably with lots of banging and swearing) for a crust!?!?!?!?!?!?

    F"mmmmmmm. Banging and Swearing. Shed time!!!"Dutch

    I made approximately $100 from my career as a professional athlete last year, does that count?

  12. "flyingdutch" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Oh look, its one of those Unix/nerdy outbreaks again 😄

    Who on this forum actually does something physical (preferably with
    lots of banging and swearing) for a crust!?!?!?!?!?!?

    F"mmmmmmm. Banging and Swearing. Shed time!!!"Dutch

    --
    flyingdutch

    Banging and swearing is recreational stuff. It doesn't pay well enough to
    buy decent bikes.

  13. flyingdutch said:


    Oh look, its one of those Unix/nerdy outbreaks again 😄

    Who on this forum actually does something physical (preferably with
    lots of banging and swearing) for a crust!?!?!?!?!?!?

    If you have to ask that question, you obviously haven't been anywhere
    near my office lately. :P

    --
    My Usenet From: address now expires after two weeks. If you email me, and
    the mail bounces, try changing the bit before the "@ to usenet".

  14. PiledHigher said:


    flyingdutch said:

    Oh look, its one of those Unix/nerdy outbreaks again 😄

    Who on this forum actually does something physical (preferably with
    lots of banging and swearing) for a crust!?!?!?!?!?!?

    F"mmmmmmm. Banging and Swearing. Shed time!!!"Dutch

    I made approximately $100 from my career as a professional athlete last
    year, does that count?

    --
    PiledHigher

    Does carrying a pack and shooting count as work?

    Hehe I get about $110 per day when I race, and I don't even have to do
    well.

    Tam

  15. quote='Tamyka Bell'PiledHigher said:


    flyingdutch said:

    Oh look, its one of those Unix/nerdy outbreaks again 😄

    Who on this forum actually does something physical (preferably with
    lots of banging and swearing) for a crust!?!?!?!?!?!?

    F"mmmmmmm. Banging and Swearing. Shed time!!!"Dutch

    I made approximately $100 from my career as a professional athlete last
    year, does that count?

    --
    PiledHigher

    Does carrying a pack and shooting count as work?

    Hehe I get about $110 per day when I race, and I don't even have to do
    well.

    Tam[/QUOTE]

    No wonder we get so many race reports!

    Now that's a deal I want, given that I this weekend will be my 10th racing weekend in a row.

  16. PiledHigher said:

    No wonder we get so many race reports!

    Now that's a deal I want, given that I this weekend will be my 10th racing weekend in a row.

    Weekends only? Bloody triath-a-lete weekend warriors.....

    Off to pack my bag, sandblast the dust off the bike and head to DISC as we speak. Now where's all me chainrings gone..........

  17. PiledHigher said:


    Tamyka Bell said:
    PiledHigher said:


    flyingdutch Wrote:
    > Oh look, its one of those Unix/nerdy outbreaks again 😄
    >
    > Who on this forum actually does something physical (preferably


    with

    Quoted message said:

    > lots of banging and swearing) for a crust!?!?!?!?!?!?
    >
    > F"mmmmmmm. Banging and Swearing. Shed time!!!"Dutch

    I made approximately $100 from my career as a professional athlete


    last

    Quoted message said:

    year, does that count?

    --
    PiledHigher

    Does carrying a pack and shooting count as work?

    Hehe I get about $110 per day when I race, and I don't even have to do
    well.

    Tam

    No wonder we get so many race reports!

    Now that's a deal I want, given that I this weekend will be my 10th
    racing weekend in a row.

    --
    PiledHigher

    10th! I thought I was doing well at 3... or is it 4... wait it might be
    more than that... Hehehe but you train in between, don't you? I just
    geek it up.

    Er... try 13 19 01.

    Tam

  18. Shabby said:


    PiledHigher said:

    No wonder we get so many race reports!

    Now that's a deal I want, given that I this weekend will be my 10th
    racing weekend in a row.

    Weekends only? Bloody triath-a-lete weekend warriors.....

    Off to pack my bag, sandblast the dust off the bike and head to DISC as
    we speak. Now where's all me chainrings gone..........

    --
    Shabby

    Pfft, I get paid to race on Fridays too. :P

    Tam

  19. Tamyka Bell said:
    PiledHigher said:
    flyingdutch said:

    Oh look, its one of those Unix/nerdy outbreaks again 😄

    Who on this forum actually does something physical (preferably with
    lots of banging and swearing) for a crust!?!?!?!?!?!?

    F"mmmmmmm. Banging and Swearing. Shed time!!!"Dutch

    I made approximately $100 from my career as a professional athlete last
    year, does that count?

    --
    PiledHigher

    Does carrying a pack and shooting count as work?

    Hehe I get about $110 per day when I race, and I don't even have to do
    well.

    Tam

    You'll have to do better eventually, there's only one winner in war.

    Marty

  20. flyingdutch said:

    Oh look, its one of those Unix/nerdy outbreaks again 😄

    Who on this forum actually does something physical (preferably with lots of banging and swearing) for a crust!?!?!?!?!?!?

    F"mmmmmmm. Banging and Swearing. Shed time!!!"Dutch

    I work in an office on all sorts of legal and financial things. Which requires lots of banging and swearing. Throwing things sometimes even. :p

    SteveA

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.