Lance disses AC!

Also they played the wrong national anthem for AC. They played the Danish anthem not the Spanish anthem. To funny. Blame Lance! Its a conspiracy!!

La fiesta privada de Contador. SUR.es

"Contador's toughest climb was not recorded in images. It was narrated by others. It was fought in the hotel and the bus: during one stage, Armstrong sat his guests at the very back of the bus, right in Contador's usual seat. One more provocation. Armstrong to the luxury suite. Contador to sleep with Paulinho, the only ally. Same deal during the entire tour. Mouth shut, listening to Armstrong's jabs: "It doesn't take a Nobel prize to figure out what happens with side winds". Contador didn't reply in the hotel. He did on the road. He attacked in the first mountain finish in Arcalis. Without permission from Bruyneel, Armstrong's DS. That night the Astana hotel was a funeral. Red eyes from the Texan (anger? crying? not sure). The first cyclist that stood up to him. And he did it in silence."

The Chicken did it.!!! LOL.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZKyXWjyBy8&e"]YouTube - Tour de France Poduim 2009 Champs Elysées .[/ame]

thebluetrain said:
La fiesta privada de Contador. SUR.es

"Contador's toughest climb was not recorded in images. It was narrated by others. It was fought in the hotel and the bus: during one stage, Armstrong sat his guests at the very back of the bus, right in Contador's usual seat. One more provocation. Armstrong to the luxury suite. Contador to sleep with Paulinho, the only ally. Same deal during the entire tour. Mouth shut, listening to Armstrong's jabs: "It doesn't take a Nobel prize to figure out what happens with side winds". Contador didn't reply in the hotel. He did on the road. He attacked in the first mountain finish in Arcalis. Without permission from Bruyneel, Armstrong's DS. That night the Astana hotel was a funeral. Red eyes from the Texan (anger? crying? not sure). The first cyclist that stood up to him. And he did it in silence."

This type of passive aggressive, psychological warfare-stuff from LA doesn't suprise me one iota. LA's true persona has definitely been exposed by his behavior after this significant loss. Of course, none of this behavior was exposed on Versus...I wonder why???:rolleyes: The boobleheads on Versus had LA being the perfect teammate - yeah, right...

AC played his cards perfectly...

tonyzackery said:
This type of passive aggressive, psychological warfare-stuff from LA doesn't suprise me one iota. LA's true persona has definitely been exposed by his behavior after this significant loss. Of course, none of this behavior was exposed on Versus...I wonder why???:rolleyes: The boobleheads on Versus had LA being the perfect teammate - yeah, right...

Well it was never going to be easy for a great champion and legend, who has been top dog for ten years, to suddenly cede everything to AC. It's hardly surprising.

The greats are always single minded, tough people who are able to get everybody working for them. Armstrong is like that, and I'm sure AC will be like that in the years to come. If they weren't that way then they wouldn't have got to where they are. Look at Evans and his crappy team who never seem to help him.

tonyzackery said:

this is from the same article that claims Astana abandoned AC in the hotel before the last ITT. it's bunk. it's completely unsoursed and petty.
Oh my God!! Lance is in Alberto's seat!!!! (arms waiving wildly, jumping up and down, hair on fire. )

It was Alberto that was the bad teammate. On the road Astana and all the team made every right move for him. I wouldn't be the first one to point out his disrespect for the team on the road with tactical mistakes and his lack of appreciation for the best stage race team in the last decade in his interviews and comments. He's clearly shown he's not the brightest bulb on the tree.
Besides Lance not being at the dinner, my guess is 3 more riders wished they were somewhere where they didn't have to force smiles.

Good luck to him finding other guys that will sacrifice themselves for him. Who do you think will stay on Astana with him, or go with him if he gets his own team?
As for Lance, the guys that have ridden for him in the past will be eager to do so again.

jackhammer111 said:
this is from the same article that claims Astana abandoned AC in the hotel before the last ITT. it's bunk. it's completely unsoursed and petty.
Oh my God!! Lance is in Alberto's seat!!!! (arms waiving wildly, jumping up and down, hair on fire. )

It was Alberto that was the bad teammate. On the road Astana and all the team made every right move for him. I wouldn't be the first one to point out his disrespect for the team on the road with tactical mistakes and his lack of appreciation for the best stage race team in the last decade in his interviews and comments. He's clearly shown he's not the brightest bulb on the tree.
Besides Lance not being at the dinner, my guess is 3 more riders wished they were somewhere where they didn't have to force smiles.

Good luck to him finding other guys that will sacrifice themselves for him. Who do you think will stay on Astana with him, or go with him if he gets his own team?
As for Lance, the guys that have ridden for him in the past will be eager to do so again.

'splain this to me then. who was actually on contador's team? how is it that astana and all the lance fanboys slagged contador for dropping klodi in his battle with andy schleck and then clam up quite conveniently when lance rides right past klodi on the same stage without helping klodi stem the bleeding? lance let klodi struggle alone to the line. sauce for the goose not serving the gander well?

as for finding teammates to sacrifice themselves for contador, he'll have no problems, but lance's pickings are getting slimmer each time the calendar page flips.

at least contador kept his yap shut about the dissension all tour long. the same cannot be said for his eminence, lance. he and the hog were stabbing contador in the back all tour long. and i'm glad contador is opening up post tour about the little digs they kept throwing his way. contador could see that astana, for all the hog kept yapping about contador being the gc candidate, bruyneel was not running tactics for a.c.'s benefit. from the run up to the tour, the selection of teammates, and the manner in which j.b. dictated what should happen on the road all point to his desire to promote armstrong's fortunes over contador's.

slovakguy said:
'splain this to me then. who was actually on contador's team? how is it that astana and all the lance fanboys slagged contador for dropping klodi in his battle with andy schleck and then clam up quite conveniently when lance rides right past klodi on the same stage without helping klodi stem the bleeding? lance let klodi struggle alone to the line. sauce for the goose not serving the gander well?
If i remember rightly, Armstrong didn't leave Kloden. Armstrong set the pace for Nibali and Kloden to the finish until Nibali attacked at the end and Armstrong followed Nibali.

slovakguy said:

as for finding teammates to sacrifice themselves for contador, he'll have no problems, but lance's pickings are getting slimmer each time the calendar page flips.

at least contador kept his yap shut about the dissension all tour long. the same cannot be said for his eminence, lance. he and the hog were stabbing contador in the back all tour long. and i'm glad contador is opening up post tour about the little digs they kept throwing his way. contador could see that astana, for all the hog kept yapping about contador being the gc candidate, bruyneel was not running tactics for a.c.'s benefit. from the run up to the tour, the selection of teammates, and the manner in which j.b. dictated what should happen on the road all point to his desire to promote armstrong's fortunes over contador's.

Because Kloden is was and will be a domestique on the team subordinant to lance. But beyond that Kloden couldn't hang and Lance needed to limit the loss.

It will be interesting seeing what young riders the team will attract. Clearly if you are a young talented climber that can time trial and are willing to be Lance's domestique for 1 year, Team Radio Shack with Johan would be the perfect job. Lance and Johan get way more respect in the active peloton than outside it.

Lance day after day answered question from the press, sometime until they ran out of questions while Albert made brief little comments or in some cases said nothing at all. For a leader and favorite he wasn't very generous with the press. After stages 7 and 17 Lance was asked about Alberto's tactics. He said nothing more than that they weren't part of the teams plans and that he didn't understand them. He was merely being frank. Frankly, I don't understand them either, and many many others don't as well. Not many jumped to his defense after sprinting past 3 teammates that were controlling the front of the race for him creating counter attacks galore,to get a measly 20 seconds. Same for 17. No credible defenders of the tactic. Astana was in perfect control of the entire race. All he had to do was collect the trophy in Paris.
If it had been other way around on those stages, the haters would still be running around, jumping up and down with their hair on fire.

if we allow that bruyneel wasn't talking out of both sides of his mouth and contador was in fact the gc candidate, then aren't your teammates supposed to control at the front? counter the attacks? leave their hearts and souls out on the course for the gc's betterment?

armstrong began the stage with a minute fourteen on nibali. if lance were all about team and the podium sweep, why not sacrifice a bit of time and drag klodi home? because lance was not all about the team and the podium sweep. because klodi was blown. contador knew it, klodi knew it, and all of astana knew it. but all the lance boys question and condemn contador's attack on the schlecks (quite a radical move to send those two a message on his part) as though he were the one taking food out of klodi's mouth. this incident still strikes me as lance/johan conveniently stabbing contador in the back. was armstrong ever questioned for dropping his domestiques on tough mountain stages when he was near the race lead or in yellow?

slovakguy said:
if we allow that bruyneel wasn't talking out of both sides of his mouth and contador was in fact the gc candidate, then aren't your teammates supposed to control at the front? Counter the attacks? Leave their hearts and souls out on the course for the gc's betterment?

Armstrong began the stage with a minute fourteen on nibali. If lance were all about team and the podium sweep, why not sacrifice a bit of time and drag klodi home? Because lance was not all about the team and the podium sweep. Because klodi was blown. Contador knew it, klodi knew it, and all of astana knew it. But all the lance boys question and condemn contador's attack on the schlecks (quite a radical move to send those two a message on his part) as though he were the one taking food out of klodi's mouth. This incident still strikes me as lance/johan conveniently stabbing contador in the back. Was armstrong ever questioned for dropping his domestiques on tough mountain stages when he was near the race lead or in yellow?

exactly!

slovakguy said:
was armstrong ever questioned for dropping his domestiques on tough mountain stages when he was near the race lead or in yellow?
No, because LA only attacked when race tactics dictated he needed to. A perfect example of this is in the 2004 TdF Stage 17. You know the one where it was LA, Landis, Kloden, and Ullrich together up to the last 2km. Landis attacked, Kloden attacked and closed the gap, and LA the took the stage after Landis could not respond.
In that stage, the 4 were together and LA had a +5 minute lead on Kloden on GC , and +8 minute lead on Ullrich on GC and was clearly the better climber and time trialer as was AC. LA didnt attack because there was no need to. He could have easily attacked the group and distanced himself from Kloden and Ullrich but race tactics said he didnt need to. Just like JB told AC "you dont need to attack today to win the TdF."
In fact, Armstrong tried to give the stage to his teammate, but Landis was overtaken by Kloden.

For everyones viewing pleasure....[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yf1nJYkCHQ&feature=PlayList&p=62A6650931D26AE1&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=6"]YouTube - Lance Armstrong Tour De France 2004 Stage 17[/ame]