Lance doping?

Bro Deal said:
The numbers do not lie. LeMond placed 39th overall in the 1989 Giro. He did not suddenly gain a hundred places in the last few days of the Giro. He was not riding with the top riders for most of the Giro, but he was hardly fighting off the broom wagon.

You are the one who is alleging that LeMond took drugs to miraculously turn his form around overnight, so what did he take? You tinfoil hatters are always claiming EPO use, but EPO takes weeks to have a large effect.

When you ride throughout the first half of the year and you're always off the back or don't finish then form isn't good. He had a few 'ok' rides but that was about it.

When you're talking about quitting the sport you know things are really bad.

When you're dropped on all the mountain stages and do very poorly in the prologue and the first time trial of the Giro but 'mystically' come back for a podium finish in the final time trial then something, somewhere happened. Now, from what I remember from interviews back in 89, Greg recieved iron and B12 shots from his soigneur because he was aenemic - however, despite the fact that iron shots are much more effective that iron tablets and B12 can be given in huge doses, this wouldn't be enough to counter the stresses places upon the body in a Grand Tour, even if you were fit and healthy. Even sat at home resting, its at least a 'few weeks' process to recover from a condition like that - I've been there and done that, been down the docs a few times a week for the ol' shots.

Gregs' increase in performance from a few shots of vitamins and iron in the hiney does not compute. Insinuate from that what you will...

... and yes, I thought the same way back in 89. Way before you started equating any topic on doping to have a reference to Armstrong.

EPO might take weeks but there's always transfusions... ;)

Yeah, back in the day after I had medical problems and I was getting back in shape, I also felt like **** and wondered if I should just give up. I stuck with it. After a long hard path I got in better shape. Amazing. I must have been doping.

You are exaggerating how bad LeMond did at the 1989 Giro to fit your agenda. Just because he was not climbing with Fignon and the lead group in the mountains does not mean he back in the laughing group.

Take David Millar at the Vuelta last year. He won the stage 20 time trial. Want to guess what place he took on GC? Maybe he got a transfusion. Like there is no way he could not be climbing with the lead group in the mountains and then rip a time trial like that. Impossible.

So being about an hour down on overall is suddenly "not bad" in a Giro that wasn't all that mountainous?

You are wasting your time Swampy trying to debate with this saddle sniffer. All that is needed is a thread with the title "doping" or "Armstrong" and Bro Deal will show up spewing his anti-lance BS throughout the thread. I think Lance caught Bro Deal sniffing his saddle or shoes and Bro Deal is on the rag with lance because he got caught. Just ignore him ....:D

I think those of us in touch with reality are wasting our time trying to talk sense to the crotch sniffers like slyjackson. No matter what evidence is brought up starstruck morons like him will always come up with some crackpot rational to dismiss it so it does not impinge on their manlove. They will never take down the posters of Armstrong from the ceiling above their beds.

It does not take a high IQ to figure out that Armstrong doped. Not surprisingly, slyjackson's intellect does not even meet that low threshold.

Buck up, little camper. If you stick you head in the sand long enough then maybe the evidence will go away--or at least you won't have to listen to the snickers of everyone else as they make fun of your idiocy.