Lance - Fondriest connection?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Simon Mason, Aug 3, 2004.

  1. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    Just been watching Lance's story on the Biography Channel and he was
    pictured in the 1990's with a Fondriest road bike. As I ride one, I was
    wondering did he ever ride them in competitions before he went to Trek?

    --
    Simon Mason
    Anlaby

    Tags:

  2. Simon Mason wrote:
    > Just been watching Lance's story on the Biography Channel and he was
    > pictured in the 1990's with a Fondriest road bike. As I ride one, I
    > was wondering did he ever ride them in competitions before he went to
    > Trek?

    AFAIK Lance Armstrong started his professional career with Motorola, they
    have always used Eddy Merckx bikes (like mine) or Caloi branded Merckx ones.

  3. "Simon Mason" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Just been watching Lance's story on the Biography Channel
    > and he was pictured in the 1990's with a Fondriest road bike.
    > As I ride one, I was wondering did he ever ride them in
    > competitions before he went to Trek?

    Maurizio Fondriest raced for Cofidis in 1997 and 1998, and was also their
    frame sponsor. Armstrong signed to Cofidis for the '97 season, but his
    cancer was diagnosed in late '96, and he never raced for them. He did
    participate in publicity photographs for Cofidis however, and that may be
    where you saw him pictured with a Fondriest.

    James Thomson