Lance gave himself cancer 10 yrs ago (from drug use)

http://www.velonews.com/race/int/articles/10957.0.html

Ten-year anniversary for Armstrong
Monday marks the 10-year anniversary that Lance Armstrong learned he
had life-threatening cancer.

On Oct. 2, 1996, Armstrong was diagnosed with stage-three testicular
cancer that had spread to his lungs and brain. Doctors told him he had
a 50-50 chance of surviving and said it would be unlikely he could
return to the highest levels of competitive cycling.

Armstrong, then 25, underwent extensive surgery and chemotherapy
treatments and was declared cancer-free just weeks later. The rest, of
course, is history.

Check out Chris Brewer's interview with Armstrong's mom at
www.thepaceline.com.

[email protected] wrote:
> http://www.velonews.com/race/int/articles/10957.0.html
>
> Ten-year anniversary for Armstrong
> Monday marks the 10-year anniversary that Lance Armstrong learned he
> had life-threatening cancer.
>
> On Oct. 2, 1996, Armstrong was diagnosed with stage-three testicular
> cancer that had spread to his lungs and brain. Doctors told him he had
> a 50-50 chance of surviving and said it would be unlikely he could
> return to the highest levels of competitive cycling.
>
> Armstrong, then 25, underwent extensive surgery and chemotherapy
> treatments and was declared cancer-free just weeks later. The rest, of
> course, is history.
>
> Check out Chris Brewer's interview with Armstrong's mom at
> www.thepaceline.com.

I love you, Matt. My job sucks. When I read your posts, it is the one
time of day I laugh.

-B