'2005' or '2006'? You were not the first. It is in his contract with
Discovery that he would rie at least one more Tour. He has a 3 year
contract.

'2005' or '2006'? You were not the first. It is in his contract with
Discovery that he would rie at least one more Tour. He has a 3 year
contract.

"jj" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> You heard it here first! (as told to Oprah, 2/11/05)
>
> jj

I just watched Lance/Sheryl/Oprah Tivo recording. He did say he would do
#7. But we already knew that. He DID NOT say when.

--
Bob C.

"Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding that it hurts."
T. E. Lawrence (of Arabia)

psycholist wrote:
> "jj" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> You heard it here first! (as told to Oprah, 2/11/05)
>>
>> jj
>>

> I just watched Lance/Sheryl/Oprah Tivo recording. He did say he
> would do #7. But we already knew that. He DID NOT say when.

It's on right now here in San Diego, so I just saw the exact segment you're
describing. Only hint (?) might be that Oprah said something like, "We
better let you out of here; you've gotta TRAIN!" and he nodded and said,
"That's right."

Not a smoking gun, perhaps, but might be revealing.
--
BS (no, I mean it)

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 19:03:14 -0500, "psycholist" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"jj" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> You heard it here first! (as told to Oprah, 2/11/05)
>>
>> jj
>>

>I just watched Lance/Sheryl/Oprah Tivo recording. He did say he would do
>#7. But we already knew that. He DID NOT say when.

Aw, c'mon, don't you think there was a hint of an inference of a suggestion
that he implied this year? ;-p

jj

jj wrote:
> You heard it here first! (as told to Oprah, 2/11/05)
>
> jj

This is hardly news. News would be if he announced that he WON'T try
for seven. I mean, name even *one* world class athlete that has ever
quit while still at the top of their sport. That just doesn't happen.
The same overriding need to be "Number 1" that drives those at the very
top of their field, athletic or otherwise, makes voluntarily walking
away while at their peak virtually impossible for them.

Regards,
Bob Hunt

Bob wrote:
> jj wrote:
>
>>You heard it here first! (as told to Oprah, 2/11/05)
>>
>>jj

> This is hardly news. News would be if he announced that he WON'T try
> for seven. I mean, name even *one* world class athlete that has ever
> quit while still at the top of their sport. That just doesn't happen.
> The same overriding need to be "Number 1" that drives those at the very
> top of their field, athletic or otherwise, makes voluntarily walking
> away while at their peak virtually impossible for them.
>
> Regards,
> Bob Hunt

Bob,
Michael Jordan! Gotcha.
And Lance did say he will have a lot of time on his hands in a few years
so I am betting on this year. If he doesn't nail it this year he may try
one more time and then retire.
Bill Baka

He needs another new drug to win another Tour de france. His previous
drug dopping
was now revealed in the labortory. He could be caught if he tried the
dopping.
So Lance needs other dopping method to win another Tour De France.
Good luck drug addict.

Bill Sornson <[email protected]> wrote:
> psycholist wrote:
>> "jj" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> You heard it here first! (as told to Oprah, 2/11/05)
>>>
>>> jj
>>>

>> I just watched Lance/Sheryl/Oprah Tivo recording. He did say he
>> would do #7. But we already knew that. He DID NOT say when.

> It's on right now here in San Diego, so I just saw the exact segment
> you're describing. Only hint (?) might be that Oprah said something
> like, "We better let you out of here; you've gotta TRAIN!" and he
> nodded and said, "That's right."
>
> Not a smoking gun, perhaps, but might be revealing.

Well, he did say he had trained for 5 hours before riding with Oprah. I
wonder if that means anything? Seems kind of early in the year to be
training 5 hours, huh?

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 05:13:19 -0500, Roger Zoul wrote:
> Bill Sornson <[email protected]> wrote:
>> psycholist wrote:
>>> "jj" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> I just watched Lance/Sheryl/Oprah Tivo recording. He did say he
>>> would do #7. But we already knew that. He DID NOT say when.

>> It's on right now here in San Diego, so I just saw the exact segment
>> you're describing. Only hint (?) might be that Oprah said something
>> like, "We better let you out of here; you've gotta TRAIN!" and he
>> nodded and said, "That's right."
>>
>> Not a smoking gun, perhaps, but might be revealing.

> Well, he did say he had trained for 5 hours before riding with Oprah. I
> wonder if that means anything? Seems kind of early in the year to be
> training 5 hours, huh?

The Tour has new rules this year. He has to participate in more big
rides before the tour (and I think place in them, but I'm not sure of
that). So if he has to race in a spring classic then now isn't too
early.

--
Linux Home Automation Neil Cherry [email protected]
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/ (Text only)

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 22:29:19 -0800, b_baka <[email protected]> wrote:

>Bob wrote:
>> jj wrote:
>>
>>>You heard it here first! (as told to Oprah, 2/11/05)
>>>
>>>jj

>> This is hardly news. News would be if he announced that he WON'T try
>> for seven. I mean, name even *one* world class athlete that has ever
>> quit while still at the top of their sport. That just doesn't happen.
>> The same overriding need to be "Number 1" that drives those at the very
>> top of their field, athletic or otherwise, makes voluntarily walking
>> away while at their peak virtually impossible for them.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Bob Hunt
>>

>Bob,
>Michael Jordan!

MJ finally retired like what two years ago?

Lets check google: http://www.nba.com/history/players/jordan_stats.html

Yep. two years ago. No, I'd say he was a little past his peak by then.

>Gotcha.

Don't think so.

Neil Cherry <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 05:13:19 -0500, Roger Zoul wrote:
>> Bill Sornson <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> It's on right now here in San Diego, so I just saw the exact segment
>>> you're describing. Only hint (?) might be that Oprah said something
>>> like, "We better let you out of here; you've gotta TRAIN!" and he
>>> nodded and said, "That's right."
>>>
>>> Not a smoking gun, perhaps, but might be revealing.

>> Well, he did say he had trained for 5 hours before riding with
>> Oprah. I wonder if that means anything? Seems kind of early in the
>> year to be training 5 hours, huh?

> The Tour has new rules this year. He has to participate in more big
> rides before the tour (and I think place in them, but I'm not sure of
> that). So if he has to race in a spring classic then now isn't too
> early.

Wow....they keep changing the rules to prevent Lance from winning.
Interesting. Thanks for the info, though.

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 11:45:02 -0500, "Roger Zoul"
<[email protected]>:

>Wow....they keep changing the rules to prevent Lance from winning.

Or maybe to make life a little fairer for those who do more than one
race per season. How do you think Lance would fare against Eddie
Mercx, with the same racing schedule?

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Just zis Guy, you know? <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 11:45:02 -0500, "Roger Zoul"
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> <[email protected]>:
>
>>Wow....they keep changing the rules to prevent Lance from winning.

> Or maybe to make life a little fairer for those who do more than one
> race per season. How do you think Lance would fare against Eddie
> Mercx, with the same racing schedule?
>
> Guy

Don't know. However, if Lance did more races he might be even better.

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 13:54:33 -0500, "Roger Zoul"
<[email protected]>:

>>>Wow....they keep changing the rules to prevent Lance from winning.

>> Or maybe to make life a little fairer for those who do more than one
>> race per season. How do you think Lance would fare against Eddie
>> Mercx, with the same racing schedule?

>Don't know. However, if Lance did more races he might be even better.

He might indeed - we'll find out in a few months. My guess is that he
would be worse, since if races were the perfect training for the Tour
you can bet your ass that he would be racing.

I have nothing against Lance, and I'm looking forward to seeing him
riding the cobbles in Flanders, but I still think that Mercx was the
greatest cyclist ever.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Just zis Guy, you know? <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 13:54:33 -0500, "Roger Zoul"
> <[email protected]> wrote in message

>>> Or maybe to make life a little fairer for those who do more than one
>>> race per season. How do you think Lance would fare against Eddie
>>> Mercx, with the same racing schedule?

>>Don't know. However, if Lance did more races he might be even better.

> He might indeed - we'll find out in a few months. My guess is that he
> would be worse, since if races were the perfect training for the Tour
> you can bet your ass that he would be racing.
>
> I have nothing against Lance, and I'm looking forward to seeing him
> riding the cobbles in Flanders, but I still think that Mercx was the
> greatest cyclist ever.

May very well be. However, for me, Lance is the deal. I wasn't even
cycling aware until the last year or so.

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 11:45:02 -0500, "Roger Zoul"

> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> <[email protected]>:
>
>> Wow....they keep changing the rules to prevent Lance from winning.

> Or maybe to make life a little fairer for those who do more than one
> race per season. How do you think Lance would fare against Eddie
> Mercx, with the same racing schedule?

I think the level of performance required to win any major event has increased
so much since Eddie's day that no one can sustain it over a whole season.

Matt O.

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 17:34:57 -0500, "Matt O'Toole" <[email protected]>
wrote in message <[email protected]>:

>I think the level of performance required to win any major event has increased
>so much since Eddie's day that no one can sustain it over a whole season.

Which is chicken, though, and which is egg?