Lance goes slumming.

In article <[email protected]>,
jean-yves hervé <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
>
> > "Fred Fredburger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > You should ask your mother-in-law what Christ had to say about abortion.
> > > You will be surprised at the answer.

> > He had absolutely nothing to say about it since no one then would have
> > thought about abortions.

> You're kidding, right? About when do you think abortions date from?

You've been around here long enough to know that Tom isn't a "details" kind of guy.

--
tanx,
Howard

Faberge eggs are elegant but I prefer Faberge bacon.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

In article <[email protected]>,
jean-yves hervé <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
>
> > "Fred Fredburger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > You should ask your mother-in-law what Christ had to say about abortion.
> > > You will be surprised at the answer.

> > He had absolutely nothing to say about it since no one then would have
> > thought about abortions.

> You're kidding, right? About when do you think abortions date from?

You've been around here long enough to know that Tom isn't a "details" kind of guy.

--
tanx,
Howard

Faberge eggs are elegant but I prefer Faberge bacon.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

On Nov 4, 6:56 pm, Fred Fredburger
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Bill C wrote:
> > On Nov 4, 4:06 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> >> <[email protected]> wrote in message

> >>news:[email protected]...

> >> If only you had a clue what "liberal" means.

> > Hey Ben how does that long haired "liberal" feel about abortion,
> > divorce, adultery, etc...seems that he, and especially his dad,
> > weren't exactly Liberals.
> > Of course my mother in law, who's a pretty serious amateur religious
> > scholar, and church officer claims that theres not a whole lot of
> > Christ, in current Christianity either.

> You should ask your mother-in-law what Christ had to say about abortion.
> You will be surprised at the answer.- Hide quoted text -

We have, more or less. Both of us are grudgingly pro-choice, but her
take is that nowhere is abortion supported by Christianity.
Bill C

On Nov 2, 6:24 pm, jean-yves herve <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
>
> [email protected] wrote:
> >http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/rbr/poverty.png

> Just curious: What's special about 125, as in "Percent of population
> below 125% of poverty level"? Is that your own estimate/guess of the
> liveable threshold or some kind of traditional metric?

sssssshhhhhhhhh.....

Don't wake him. We want him to be well rested when he wakes up and
has to give a lecture, paid for with generously supplied tax dollars.

On Nov 2, 6:24 pm, jean-yves herve <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
>
> [email protected] wrote:
> >http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/rbr/poverty.png

> Just curious: What's special about 125, as in "Percent of population
> below 125% of poverty level"? Is that your own estimate/guess of the
> liveable threshold or some kind of traditional metric?

sssssshhhhhhhhh.....

Don't wake him. We want him to be well rested when he wakes up and
has to give a lecture, paid for with generously supplied tax dollars.

On Nov 2, 6:24 pm, jean-yves herve <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
>
> [email protected] wrote:
> >http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/rbr/poverty.png

> Just curious: What's special about 125, as in "Percent of population
> below 125% of poverty level"? Is that your own estimate/guess of the
> liveable threshold or some kind of traditional metric?

sssssshhhhhhhhh.....

Don't wake him. We want him to be well rested when he wakes up and
has to give a lecture, paid for with generously supplied tax dollars.

On Nov 2, 6:24 pm, jean-yves herve <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
>
> [email protected] wrote:
> >http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/rbr/poverty.png

> Just curious: What's special about 125, as in "Percent of population
> below 125% of poverty level"? Is that your own estimate/guess of the
> liveable threshold or some kind of traditional metric?

sssssshhhhhhhhh.....

Don't wake him. We want him to be well rested when he wakes up and
has to give a lecture, paid for with generously supplied tax dollars.

On Nov 2, 10:33 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Everyone knows
> there are problems with it, but fixing it would
> require a rational discussion of poverty and benefits,
> and politics makes that very hard to do.

"Politics" is not capable of solving any poverty problem, rational
discussion or not.

If you make a culture that "promotes" poverty cost less to the
practitioners of that culture, you'll get more of of that culture.

On Nov 4, 1:15 pm, Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Nov 4, 4:06 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
>
> > <[email protected]> wrote in message

> >news:[email protected]...

> > > Bill, the poor are always with us. Some longhaired
> > > liberal said that.

> > If only you had a clue what "liberal" means.

> Hey Ben how does that long haired "liberal" feel about abortion,
> divorce, adultery, etc...seems that he, and especially his dad,
> weren't exactly Liberals.

"As a supreme if unintended compliment, the enemies of the system of
private enterprise have thought it wise to appropriate its label." --
Joseph A. Schumpeter

SLAVE of THE STATE <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Nov 2, 6:24 pm, jean-yves herve <[email protected]> wrote:
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> >
> > [email protected] wrote:
> > >http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/rbr/poverty.png

> > Just curious: What's special about 125, as in "Percent of population
> > below 125% of poverty level"? Is that your own estimate/guess of the
> > liveable threshold or some kind of traditional metric?

> sssssshhhhhhhhh.....
>
> Don't wake him. We want him to be well rested when he wakes up and
> has to give a lecture, paid for with generously supplied tax dollars.

Good thing he did reply, otherwise I would have spent restless nights
thinking about that 125%. Certainly you'd want me to be well rested
when I wake up and have to give a lecture, paid for with generously
supplied tax dollars.

jyh.