Lance going un-Postal

Fred Hall wrote:
> "Blair P. Houghton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Cyclingnews is reporting that Lance Armstrong will ride
>>for the Discovery Channel next year.
>>
>>http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/?id=2004/transfers04/riders
>>

> ...And in other late-breaking news Lance Armstrong has won his sixth Tour de
> France! Sorry Blair, but that's not news...it was announced on the Lance
> Chronicles before this year's TdF even started.

Actually, it was US Postal that elected not to renew the
team contract when it expires. The team looked for a new
major sponsor and Discovery Channel made the offer they
accepted.

OOGLY team jersey, at least the preliminary one. Bleah.

-km

--
Only cowards fight kids -- unidentified Moscow protester

proud to be owned by a yorkie

"the black rose" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Fred Hall wrote:
> > "Blair P. Houghton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> >>Cyclingnews is reporting that Lance Armstrong will ride
> >>for the Discovery Channel next year.
> >>
> >>http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/?id=2004/transfers04/riders
> >>

> > ...And in other late-breaking news Lance Armstrong has won his sixth

Tour de
> > France! Sorry Blair, but that's not news...it was announced on the

Lance
> > Chronicles before this year's TdF even started.

> Actually, it was US Postal that elected not to renew the
> team contract when it expires. The team looked for a new
> major sponsor and Discovery Channel made the offer they
> accepted.
>
> OOGLY team jersey, at least the preliminary one. Bleah.

I have to agree with you about that jersey that was shown...FUGLY...they
really need a better design and colors...aside from that they were pretty
good :)

Blair P. Houghton wrote:
> Cyclingnews is reporting that Lance Armstrong will ride
> for the Discovery Channel next year.

In other breaking news, Lyndon Johnson won't be seeking a second term as
President.

Bill "stick to being wrong about FL '00 Blair" S.

the black rose <[email protected]> wrote:
>Fred Hall wrote:
>> "Blair P. Houghton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>
>>>Cyclingnews is reporting that Lance Armstrong will ride
>>>for the Discovery Channel next year.
>>>
>>>http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/?id=2004/transfers04/riders
>>>

>> ...And in other late-breaking news Lance Armstrong has won his sixth Tour de
>> France! Sorry Blair, but that's not news...it was announced on the Lance
>> Chronicles before this year's TdF even started.

Swot I get for getting off my bike in 1992. I hear
Indurain won't ride this year's TdF, either.

>Actually, it was US Postal that elected not to renew the
>team contract when it expires.

Ah. I'd kinda considered that possibility when I saw
several people moving, but the changes weren't as drastic
as, say, the mass defection from Brioches La Boulangere
to whatever it is they obviously renamed the team to.

>The team looked for a new
>major sponsor and Discovery Channel made the offer they
>accepted.
>
>OOGLY team jersey, at least the preliminary one. Bleah.

The Postal ones weren't all that pretty, neither.

I bought the '04 Brioches La Boulangere jersey instead, and
I kinda wish I had it in a hawaiian-shirt style as well,
because it's probably the nicest looking jersey I've seen
maybe ever.

--Blair
"Now it's just a place to buy stamps,
if you're into that sort of thing..."

B i l l S o r n s o n <[email protected]> wrote:
>Blair P. Houghton wrote:
>> Cyclingnews is reporting that Lance Armstrong will ride
>> for the Discovery Channel next year.

>In other breaking news, Lyndon Johnson won't be seeking a second term as
>President.
>
>Bill "stick to being wrong about FL '00 Blair" S.

Suck my presta, fallacy-boy.

--Blair
"It's news to you."

Diablo Scott <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<1099610108.AWqpb4IZsDPc7vI59I59Jw@teranews>...
> Blair P. Houghton wrote:
> > Cyclingnews is reporting that Lance Armstrong will ride
> > for the Discovery Channel next year.
> >
> > http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/?id=2004/transfers04/riders
> >
> > --Blair
> > "That is all."

> OMG! The entire postal TEAM has defected to the Discovery Channel!
> Will Johan go with them?

Guess he kind of missed the press conference last June, and did not
see or understand the significance of the big 'Discovery' on the chest
of this year's USPS jersey's.

Wonder what all the folks who ride USPS team kits will do? Sell them
on EBay?

- rick

Rick Warner <[email protected]> wrote:
>Diablo Scott <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> Blair P. Houghton wrote:
>> > Cyclingnews is reporting that Lance Armstrong will ride
>> > for the Discovery Channel next year.
>> >
>> > http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/?id=2004/transfers04/riders
>> >
>> > "That is all."

>> OMG! The entire postal TEAM has defected to the Discovery Channel!
>> Will Johan go with them?

>Guess he kind of missed the press conference last June, and did not
>see or understand the significance of the big 'Discovery' on the chest
>of this year's USPS jersey's.

Considering that from sometime in 1992 until this past
July 22 I was paying roughly 0% of my attention to cycling,
your guess is pretty apt.

As for the logo placement, many jerseys have many sponsors
on them other than the "team sponsor". I still don't know
whether "Berry Floor" is a lawyer or a laminate.

>Wonder what all the folks who ride USPS team kits will do? Sell them
>on EBay?

They were gonna do that when they quit riding anyway.

--Blair
"I'm buying warm stuff ahead of
the seasons."

Blair P. Houghton wrote:
> B i l l S o r n s o n <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Blair P. Houghton wrote:
>>> Cyclingnews is reporting that Lance Armstrong will ride
>>> for the Discovery Channel next year.

>> In other breaking news, Lyndon Johnson won't be seeking a second
>> term as President.
>>
>> Bill "stick to being wrong about FL '00 Blair" S.

> Suck my presta, fallacy-boy.

Appropriate that you'd pick the smaller, punier variety of "valve", eh?

Bill "no thanks" S.

B i l l S o r n s o n <[email protected]> wrote:
>Blair P. Houghton wrote:
>> B i l l S o r n s o n <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>> In other breaking news, Lyndon Johnson won't be seeking a second
>>> term as President.
>>>
>>> Bill "stick to being wrong about FL '00 Blair" S.

>> Suck my presta, fallacy-boy.

>Appropriate that you'd pick the smaller, punier variety of "valve", eh?
>
>Bill "no thanks" S.

Appropriate you'd take it seriously.

--Blair
"Mind your teeth."

"B i l l S o r n s o n" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Blair P. Houghton wrote:
>> B i l l S o r n s o n <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>> In other breaking news, Lyndon Johnson won't be seeking a second
>>> term as President.
>>>
>>> Bill "stick to being wrong about FL '00 Blair" S.

>> Suck my presta, fallacy-boy.

>Appropriate that you'd pick the smaller, punier variety of "valve", eh?

Sounds like maybe his valve's tightened a bit too much, too, no?

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame