Lance Gripes About American Riders?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Richard Adams, Apr 26, 2004.

  1. I heard that Lance was irritated by needless risks being
    taken by riders on other domestic teams in the Tour of
    Georgia and wouldn't return next year. I couldn't find
    anything to confirm a such a statement.

    Has anyone else seen in print comments to this effect? Seems
    a slightly sour note after what appeared to be a fine race
    and much needed publicity for domestic racing.

    Tags:

  2. lazysegall

    lazysegall New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2003
    If postal is taken over by a big domestic sponsor then they might put heavy pressure on him to race. I have heard that dodge is a possibility. If he doesn't get a big domestic sponsor for postal then he won't be racing anyway.

  3. lazysegall wrote:
    > Richard Adams wrote:
    > > I heard that Lance was irritated by needless risks
    > > being taken by riders on other domestic teams in the
    > > Tour of Georgia and wouldn't return next year. I
    > > couldn't find anything to confirm a such a statement.
    > > Has anyone else seen in print comments to this effect?
    > > Seems a slightly sour note after what appeared to be a
    > > fine race and much needed publicity for domestic
    > > racing.
    >
    > If postal is taken over by a big domestic sponsor then
    > they might put heavy pressure on him to race. I have
    > heard that dodge is a possibility. If he doesn't get a
    > big domestic sponsor for postal then he won't be
    > racing anyway.

    I think it's safe to say that LA is only racing now because
    he wants to, he doesn't have to. Unless Kristin is taking
    him to the cleaners, he's made enough on endorsements to
    live quite comfortably in whatever is left of his homes.

    Don't look to Dodge. If you've been reading the financial
    section or listening to the business news they're in no
    position to do any such thing. Daimler-Chrysler are
    effectively letting Mitsubishi die and their investment with
    it. Subaru would probably be in a better position.

  4. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    Kristin gets 1/2 of what they had, and at least 25% of what
    he makes (or should be making) before any taxes for child
    support. And on top of that she gets alimony. If he slacks
    off, she can take him to court again and win. He would have
    to prove that he is not a winner anymore to reduce payments.
    -simple Texas divorce law-

    "Richard Adams" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > lazysegall wrote:
    > > Richard Adams wrote:
    > > > I heard that Lance was irritated by needless risks
    > > > being taken by
    riders
    > > > on other domestic teams in the Tour of Georgia and
    > > > wouldn't return
    next
    > > > year. I couldn't find anything to confirm a such a
    > > > statement. Has anyone else seen in print comments to
    > > > this effect? Seems a
    slightly
    > > > sour note after what appeared to be a fine race and
    > > > much needed publicity for domestic racing.
    > >
    > > If postal is taken over by a big domestic sponsor then
    > > they might put heavy pressure on him to race. I have
    > > heard that dodge is a possibility. If he doesn't get a
    > > big domestic sponsor for postal then he won't be racing
    > > anyway.
    > >

    > I think it's safe to say that LA is only racing now
    > because he wants to, he doesn't have to. Unless Kristin is
    > taking him to the cleaners, he's made enough on
    > endorsements to live quite comfortably in whatever is left
    > of his homes.
    >
    > Don't look to Dodge. If you've been reading the financial
    > section or listening to the business news they're in no
    > position to do any such thing. Daimler-Chrysler are
    > effectively letting Mitsubishi die and their investment
    > with it. Subaru would probably be in a better position.

  5. "John Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Kristin gets 1/2 of what they had, and at least 25% of
    > what he makes (or should be making) before any taxes for
    > child support. And on top of that she gets alimony. If he
    > slacks off, she can take him
    > court again and win. He would have to prove that he is
    > not a winner anymore to reduce payments. -simple Texas
    > divorce law-

    What does a tornado, a hurricane, and a Texas divorce all
    have in common?

    Someone looses a mobile home.

  6. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    Does Texas have long term maintenance (alimony) or short
    term reconstructive maintenance (one to five years) which is
    what most states have moved to over the past 30 years?

    "John Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
    > Kristin gets 1/2 of what they had, and at least 25% of
    > what he makes (or should be making) before any taxes for
    > child support. And on top of that she gets alimony. If he
    > slacks off, she can take him
    > court again and win. He would have to prove that he is
    > not a winner anymore to reduce payments. -simple Texas
    > divorce law-
    >

    > "Richard Adams" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > lazysegall wrote:
    > riders
    > next
    > slightly
    > > >
    > > > If postal is taken over by a big domestic sponsor then
    > > > they might put heavy pressure on him to race. I have
    > > > heard that dodge is a
    possibility.
    > > > If he doesn't get a big domestic sponsor for postal
    > > > then he won't be racing anyway.
    > > >

    > > I think it's safe to say that LA is only racing now
    > > because he wants to, he doesn't have to. Unless Kristin
    > > is taking him to the cleaners, he's made enough on
    > > endorsements to live quite comfortably in whatever is
    > > left of his homes.
    > >
    > > Don't look to Dodge. If you've been reading the
    > > financial section or listening to the business news
    > > they're in no position to do any such thing. Daimler-
    > > Chrysler are effectively letting Mitsubishi die and
    > > their investment with it. Subaru would probably be in a
    > > better
    position.

  7. lazysegall

    lazysegall New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2003

    7-8 million is nothing to a major car company even if it is an ailing one. Not that I am guarenteeing anything, but I wouldn't look at overall ecconomics.

  8. Chris

    Chris Guest

    I heard this same thing from a friend, but I think he saw it
    on TV. I'll have to check.

    In either case, its more likely that Berry Floor would take
    over, particularly if he wins the Tour and doesn't retire.
    Its a good move for them to contend with QuickStep.

    CH

    [email protected] (Richard Adams) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I heard that Lance was irritated by needless risks being
    > taken by riders on other domestic teams in the Tour of
    > Georgia and wouldn't return next year. I couldn't find
    > anything to confirm a such a statement.
    >
    > Has anyone else seen in print comments to this effect?
    > Seems a slightly sour note after what appeared to be a
    > fine race and much needed publicity for domestic racing.

  9. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    2 year alimony, but after that she can take him to court
    again to try to continue it. The CS stays 25% until 18, and
    she can push for college support in court now too. Since LA
    has the $$$$, lawyers will do most anything "access" it, and
    the courts will help her and her children out. Texas Law is
    wide open in court. Austin has one of the highest densities
    of lawyers to people in the Nation. (well known in Texas)

    "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:I6rj-
    [email protected]
    > Does Texas have long term maintenance (alimony) or
    > short term
    reconstructive
    > maintenance (one to five years) which is what most states
    > have moved to
    over
    > the past 30 years?
    >
    > "John Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > berlin.de...
    > > Kristin gets 1/2 of what they had, and at least 25% of
    > > what he makes (or should be making) before any taxes for
    > > child support. And on top of that she gets alimony. If
    > > he slacks off, she can take him
    > > court again and win. He would have to prove that he is
    > > not a winner anymore to reduce
    payments.
    > > -simple Texas divorce law-
    > >

    > > "Richard Adams" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > > message news:[email protected]...
    by
    > > riders
    return

  10. chris wrote:
    > I heard this same thing from a friend, but I think he saw
    > it on TV. I'll have to check.

    I saw a quick interview after he won that sprint at the TdG
    a couple of days ago, and what he said then was something
    along the lines of "These guys don't use their brakes. Back
    in Europe, people know how to brake in a peloton, but not
    here in the US. It was a scary ride" or something like that.
    He looked quite upset, but he didn't say anything about not
    racing in the US again.

  11. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "Richard Adams" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I heard that Lance was irritated by needless risks being
    > taken by riders on other domestic teams in the Tour of
    > Georgia and wouldn't return next year. I couldn't find
    > anything to confirm a such a statement.
    >
    > Has anyone else seen in print comments to this effect?
    > Seems a slightly sour note after what appeared to be a
    > fine race and much needed publicity for domestic racing.

    The only thing close to what you are talking about was his
    remark that American riders are not using there brakes as
    much as the European racers. No big deal. I did not see
    anything that indicated he thought this tranlated to
    "needless risks" but I suppose one could read it that way.

  12. In article <[email protected]>, "Bestest Handsander"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > What does a tornado, a hurricane, and a Texas divorce all
    > have in common?
    >

    > Someone looses a mobile home.

    Loses.

    This message brought to you by 1st grade.

  13. "chiefhiawatha" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>, "Bestest
    > Handsander" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > What does a tornado, a hurricane, and a Texas divorce
    > > all have in
    common?

    > > Someone looses a mobile home.
    >
    > Loses.
    >
    > This message brought to you by 1st grade.

    Okay all you anal retentive morons out there... I'll type
    this part one more time and very slowly so you can keep up.
    When telling this joke orally, you purposefully use
    incorrect grammar and word choice and combine that with a
    southern accent. I typed it the way I'd imagine Cletus from
    the Simpson's would tell it.

    Now, why don't you all go back to proof-reading the
    newspaper so you can feel superior to all the typesetters
    out there.

  14. Cathar

    Cathar Guest

    "Pistof" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Curtis L. Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:[email protected]...
    >> On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 14:04:20 GMT, "TM"
    >> <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >did you, ahem, mean grammar?
    >>
    >> Grammer - farm talk for talking like your grandmother.
    >> Typical example
    >> - giving driving directions in the city by saying, "Turn
    >> north."
    >
    > Oh man, it just keeps getting better and better. Ya gotta
    > luv this group!
    >
    > Dave

    And I am sure that you have tried to!

    Cathar'

  15. Cathar

    Cathar Guest

    "Bestest Handsander" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "chiefhiawatha" <[email protected]> wrote
    > in message news:[email protected]...
    >> In article <[email protected]>, "Bestest
    >> Handsander" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> > What does a tornado, a hurricane, and a Texas divorce
    >> > all have in
    > common?
    >> >

    >> > Someone looses a mobile home.
    >>
    >> Loses.
    >>
    >> This message brought to you by 1st grade.
    >
    > Okay all you anal retentive morons out there... I'll type
    > this part one more time and very slowly so you can keep
    > up. When telling this joke orally, you purposefully use
    > incorrect grammar and word choice and combine that with a
    > southern accent. I typed it the way I'd imagine Cletus
    > from the Simpson's would tell it.

    Hahahaha, now that is funny!

    Cathar

    > Now, why don't you all go back to proof-reading the
    > newspaper so you can feel superior to all the typesetters
    > out there.

  16. Curt

    Curt Guest

    This story has no credibility to be honest. It is like
    gossip.

    Curt

    "Richard Adams" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I heard that Lance was irritated by needless risks being
    > taken by riders on other domestic teams in the Tour of
    > Georgia and wouldn't return next year. I couldn't find
    > anything to confirm a such a statement.
    >
    > Has anyone else seen in print comments to this effect?
    > Seems a slightly sour note after what appeared to be a
    > fine race and much needed publicity for domestic racing.

  17. Howard Kveck

    Howard Kveck Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Bestest Handsander" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "chiefhiawatha" <[email protected]> wrote
    > in message news:[email protected]...
    > > In article <[email protected]>, "Bestest
    > > Handsander" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > > What does a tornado, a hurricane, and a Texas divorce
    > > > all have in
    > common?
    > > >

    > > > Someone looses a mobile home.
    > >
    > > Loses.
    > >
    > > This message brought to you by 1st grade.
    >
    > Okay all you anal retentive morons out there... I'll type
    > this part one more time and very slowly so you can keep
    > up. When telling this joke orally, you purposefully use
    > incorrect grammar and word choice and combine that with a
    > southern accent. I typed it the way I'd imagine Cletus
    > from the Simpson's would tell it.

    Ahh, that explains it - "I meant to do that!" (Pee
    Wee Herman)

    --
    tanx, Howard

    Q: Can we call it a quagmire yet?

    remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

  18. "Pistof" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Curtis L. Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:[email protected]...
    > > On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 14:04:20 GMT, "TM" <[email protected]>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > >did you, ahem, mean grammar?
    > >
    > > Grammer - farm talk for talking like your grandmother.
    > > Typical example
    > > - giving driving directions in the city by saying, "Turn
    > > north."
    >
    > Oh man, it just keeps getting better and better. Ya gotta
    > luv this group!
    >
    > Dave

    I don't think it's Grammar, but Diction, they'all are
    referin' to, cuz.

  19. Apparently there was, but where I heard it from exaggerated
    a bit, hence it was a good idea to post on here and ask, to
    be better informed, rather than go around parroting whatever
    I'd heard.

    I don't get OLN, my only chance at it is the local pub,
    but there's too much competition from
    Basebore/Hoops/Hockey right now. The best I get is second
    hand info. I was a bit in disbelief at what I'd heard, but
    thought there might be a few young guns trying to impress
    while under the camera's eye.

    I did enjoy the comment the euro reporter made, "why does he
    shout about nothing?", in regard to the race announcing. I
    was at the Sea Otter for the road races and thought a bit
    more Phil Liggett and a bit less Bob Ufer, please.

    news:<rF%[email protected]>...