Lance has a secret problem?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Harris, Jul 26, 2003.

  1. Harris

    Harris Guest

    After today's ITT, Lance told Frankie Andreu (sp?) that this had been a difficult Tour for him for a
    number of reasons "some of which people know about and some of which they don't."

    He made similar cryptic statements earlier in the Tour. Any ideas what this could be?

    Art Harris

    Tags:

  2. David Corsi

    David Corsi Guest

    I think he might be talking about personal turmoil in his life with his separation and now apparent
    reconciliation with his wife. He and his wife are apparently very much together with her writing a
    beautiful article about him in USAToday but are keeping their lives much more private than the very
    open family they put into the media of the last few years.

    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/cycling/2003-07-25-kristin-armstrong-on-lance _x.htm

  3. In article <[email protected]>, "David Corsi"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I think he might be talking about personal turmoil in his life with his separation and now
    > apparent reconciliation with his wife. He and his wife are apparently very much together with her
    > writing a beautiful article about him in USAToday but are keeping their lives much more private
    > than the very open family they put into the media of the last few years.
    >
    > http://www.usatoday.com/sports/cycling/2003-07-25-kristin-armstrong-on-lance _x.htm

    Well, if he's talking about reasons "people don't know", I'm not buying that it's his personal life.
    For one thing, we all know about those issues.

    If I had to guess, I'll go along with the speculation that Phil Liggett indulged in during the
    post-TT commentary: he thinks Daddy Yo-Yo may be nursing an undisclosed injury, and guessed it was a
    back injury from the fact that Lance was climbing out of the seat a lot.

    I'm no expert, so I don't know if that's reasonable or not.

  4. Zeno

    Zeno Guest

    David Corsi wrote:
    > I think he might be talking about personal turmoil in his life with his separation and now
    > apparent reconciliation with his wife. He and his wife are apparently very much together with her
    > writing a beautiful article about him in USAToday but are keeping their lives much more private
    > than the very open family they put into the media of the last few years.
    >
    > http://www.usatoday.com/sports/cycling/2003-07-25-kristin-armstrong-on-lance _x.htm

    I think it extremely unlikely Lance would refer to marital problems, even obliquely, in a public
    forum at the TDF. More likely, it's physical, maybe his back as Phil & Paul speculated.

    Zeno

  5. Harris

    Harris Guest

    "Ryan Cousineau" wrote:

    > Well, if he's talking about reasons "people don't know", I'm not buying that it's his personal
    > life. For one thing, we all know about those issues.

    I agree. I hate to be morbid, but I keep thinking maybe the cancer has returned.

    In any case, since he keeps dropping these hints, maybe an announcement will be forthcoming
    after the Tour.

    Art Harris