Lance & his dress code

jhuskey

Oct 6, 2003
Being around here for a while I have read many debates about Armstrong, his personality, tactics and the whole doping debate.
I have experienced good arguments both pro and con. It seems that many love and adore him and other revile his very name. I have been confused at times beacuse I was unable to separate his habits from others cyclist that seem to go unnoticed
This confused me for a time until I discovered a clue and one that was so obvious I couldn't beleive I missed it for so long.
It is now obvious that some people hate his black socks while others seem to ignore this radical fashion statement.
It's not Armstrong you hate,it's his socks!:cool:

Wasn't this years 'black helmet' something to do with Livestrong?

jhuskey said:
Being around here for a while I have read many debates about Armstrong, his personality, tactics and the whole doping debate.
I have experienced good arguments both pro and con. It seems that many love and adore him and other revile his very name. I have been confused at times beacuse I was unable to separate his habits from others cyclist that seem to go unnoticed
This confused me for a time until I discovered a clue and one that was so obvious I couldn't beleive I missed it for so long.
It is now obvious that some people hate his black socks while others seem to ignore this radical fashion statement.

True

jhuskey said:

LOL.. those socks ARE fairly ugly.

limerickman said:
He needs Franco Pelizotti for sartorial elegance advice, I think.

The Liverpool FC 80's 'perm, the splendid KOM 'body suit' with matching polka dot bike - Pellizotti is exceptionally well turned out. The italians are always the snappiest dressers in the peleton. 'Cippo' leading the pack of course

jhuskey said:

Hey, I wear and perfer black socks. Looks great with my silver Lake shoes. Then again, I like Lance too.... :p

classic1 said:
His hair is too ghey for my liking

Hey Franco had his kid with him on the podium.
Not that this doesn't mean he's not, ghey, as you put it.

I like Franco's style ............ok the Eric Vanderaarden hairstyle doesn't really suit the noughties, but the man has spades of sartorial elegance!

gtm said:
The Liverpool FC 80's 'perm, the splendid KOM 'body suit' with matching polka dot bike - Pellizotti is exceptionally well turned out. The italians are always the snappiest dressers in the peleton. 'Cippo' leading the pack of course

I tend to agree.

the Italians are very natty dressers.

meehs said:
Or maybe Mario Cipollini! :D

Curtis Harnett was a snazzy dresser as well as being damned fast on the track - but then again he was reputed to pack fudge in his spare time so the mad dressing skillz were to be expected. I sometimes wonder if that's the case with the the guys that put too much time and effort into looking good when you're going to be on the bike for 7 hours in the great outdoors...

... besides those are Lances' Hematology Socks - they turn white when his hematocrit level goes about 50%.

swampy1970 said:
Curtis Harnett was a snazzy dresser as well as being damned fast on the track - but then again he was reputed to pack fudge in his spare time so the mad dressing skillz were to be expected. I sometimes wonder if that's the case with the the guys that put too much time and effort into looking good when you're going to be on the bike for 7 hours in the great outdoors...

... besides those are Lances' Hematology Socks - they turn white when his hematocrit level goes about 50%.

Who could ever forget this stylish look?

16h147l.jpg

I guess they are tolerable as long as you don't stare directly at them. I would not recommend allowing children that are subject to seizures to be exposed to them.