Lance in Film?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by John Clayton, Jan 16, 2006.

  1. John Clayton

    John Clayton Guest

    Tags:

  2. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

  3. In article <[email protected]>, David
    Martin ([email protected]) wrote:

    > John Clayton wrote:
    > > My German is fairly awful, but I came across this link where some thesp.
    > > called Matt Damon seems to be playing the American, while a Sarah Jessica
    > > Parker plays Cheryl - according to the South African Sunday Times that is -
    > > that's wot Lance told tham anyhow..
    > >

    > > http://www.dw-world.de/dw/function/0,2145,56332_pg_1,00.html

    > Or in English
    >
    > http://www.sundaytimes.co.za/articles/article.aspx?ID=ST6A161158

    Which appears to be having Issues :-(

    Lance Armstrong (34), the exceptional American cycle racer and seven-
    time winner of the Tour de France, is working on a film version of his
    life. While Sarah Jessica Horse^w Parker is slated for the role of
    Armstong's fiancee Sheryl Crowe, Matt Damon is to take the starring
    role. "Matt is someone I've known for years, and he also wants to play
    this role" Armstrong told the South African newspaper the "Sunday
    Times". Armstrong himself appeared in the film "You, Me and Dupree"
    with Micahel Douglas, Owen Wilson and Kate Hudson.

    Or something.

    If you are choking on an ice cube, simply pour a jug of boiling water
    down your throat and presto! The blockage is almost instantly removed.

  4. elyob

    elyob Guest

  5. Still on the subject of on-screen appearances of Armstrong, I'm
    surprised he hasn't been rewarded with one of the major indicators of
    fame in the US these days - a cameo on The Simpsons[1]! Surely it's
    only a matter of time?

    David Belcher

    [1] Let's face it, if even Blair and Simon Cowell can get on the show,
    most famous folk ought to be worth consideration....

  6. davek

    davek Guest

    Dave Larrington wrote:
    > Armstrong himself appeared in the film "You, Me and Dupree"
    > with Micahel Douglas, Owen Wilson and Kate Hudson.

    And he was in Dodgeball with Ben Stiller.

    d.

  7. dkahn400

    dkahn400 Guest

    David E. Belcher wrote:

    > Still on the subject of on-screen appearances of Armstrong, I'm
    > surprised he hasn't been rewarded with one of the major indicators of
    > fame in the US these days - a cameo on The Simpsons[1]! Surely it's
    > only a matter of time?

    If you're sure he hasn't already made that breakthrough, does that mean
    you've seen every single episode?

    --
    Dave...

  8. dkahn400 wrote:

    > David E. Belcher wrote:
    >
    > > Still on the subject of on-screen appearances of Armstrong, I'm
    > > surprised he hasn't been rewarded with one of the major indicators of
    > > fame in the US these days - a cameo on The Simpsons[1]! Surely it's
    > > only a matter of time?

    > If you're sure he hasn't already made that breakthrough, does that mean
    > you've seen every single episode?

    I haven't, but would have thought that a Simpsons cameo would merit a
    mention in the cycling press (or indeed on u.r.c and other cycling
    newsgroups) - I certainly don't recall reading anything to suggest that
    he's made such an appearance as yet.

    David Belcher

  9. > I haven't, but would have thought that a Simpsons cameo would merit a
    > mention in the cycling press (or indeed on u.r.c and other cycling
    > newsgroups) - I certainly don't recall reading anything to suggest that
    > he's made such an appearance as yet.

    He's up there with Homer Simpson tho. Both deservedly made it into a Top
    Ten Men ever list thing:

    <URL:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/4368942.stm>

  10. Mark Thompson wrote:

    > He's up there with Homer Simpson tho. Both deservedly made it into a Top
    > Ten Men ever list thing:
    >
    > <URL:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/4368942.stm>

    Whereas the less said about "Manager of the Decade", the better. So
    much for the bit about "people of real substance", based on the latest
    crop of Sunday tabloid exclusives....

    David Belcher

  11. John Blake

    John Blake Guest

    In message id <[email protected]> on Tue,
    17 Jan 2006 12:58:16 -0000, Dave Larrington wrote in uk.rec.cycling :

    > Armstrong himself appeared in the film "You, Me and Dupree"
    >with Micahel Douglas, Owen Wilson and Kate Hudson.

    So which one was he?