Lance interview on Sportscenter

Nev Shea

Guest
ESPN, with Chris Fowler. It was pretty good. I was impressed that Fowler referred to Lance going
through the grass after Beloki's crash as "cyclocross". Funny too, was Lance said he was in his
hotel all beat and wanting a break from everything race related, and then Bruyneel came in, and
within a minute they were planning what they would do differently next year.

Then Mike Lupica made a speech about how Lance is America's best athlete.

Feel the love.

NS

Nev Shea <[email protected]> wrote in news:eek:[email protected]:

> ESPN, with Chris Fowler. It was pretty good. I was impressed that Fowler referred to Lance going
> through the grass after Beloki's crash as "cyclocross". Funny too, was Lance said he was in his
> hotel all beat and wanting a break from everything race related, and then Bruyneel came in, and
> within a minute they were planning what they would do differently next year.
>
> Then Mike Lupica made a speech about how Lance is America's best athlete.
>
> Feel the love.

And I forgot to mention -- they started off the show touting this interview, and kept touting it
until finally showing it in the last 15 minutes. Imagine that -- using cycling as a teaser to get an
audience to sit though baseball coverage and other stuff.

NS