Lance Interviewed by phil legget and Paul

steve26

Apr 2, 2005
On the OLN network tonight they had a interview with lance about a lot of different days on the tour. It was a really good interview.

They talked about "the look" in 2001....Lance said that people have it all wrong. He was not looking at Ullrich. He was looking to see what teammates he had around him, cause he wanted to attack, and if he ran into trouble he wanted to know if they were there. He said the angle of the camera makes it look like he was looking at ullrich. He also said that he felt the best he has ever felt on a bike that day.

Did Ullrich wait for Lance on Luz Ardiden? Lance said he apologized to Jan for writing in his book that he didn't think he waited....he said that Tyler told him that jan was not waiting...Lance spoke with Jan about it and Jan told him YES I was waiting....Lance said that he believed Jan and was sorry he said those things in his book.

He was asked about his friendship with Ullrich. He said it was better than most people think.... Ullrich asked to come to his retirement party...he said of course...ullrich spoke and Lance basically said it meant a lot to him that he did. He said that Jan is a very, very nice guy. "In fact I think he is probably to nice".....

He had about 3 minutes were he talked about the doping allegations, and the journalists that went after him. He said it is basically like telling a musician that he is like milli vanelli....you could tell it really angered him...said he will not miss those people at all. If he is lying, he is one hell of a good liar.....but he did say that people do need to question things cause of some of the scandals in 1998...etc...

Also he was asked who would win the tour next year....he never said who he thought would win, but that he had asked a journalist that he respected who he thought would win and they said George Hincapie......Lance basically said that George would have to take an entire year to train just for the tour...and he is not sure George would want to give up the classics..

It was a really interesting interview. Then he wrapped it up by saying...well I will see you in 2007.....then he said Just kidding....