Lance is a really, really good actor.

"B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in news:6Npxd.4384$Z47.3414
@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

> BTW, Robert Vaughn (The Man From UNCLE) is doing a local
> TV ad for a Springfield, MA negligence attorney. Very strange.

Can't be worse than the midget in an elf costume in the Northeast Title Loans
commercials. Nothing says fiduciary responsability like a midget dressed up
like an elf.

"Tim Mullin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in news:6Npxd.4384$Z47.3414
> @newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:
>
>> BTW, Robert Vaughn (The Man From UNCLE) is doing a local
>> TV ad for a Springfield, MA negligence attorney. Very strange.

> Can't be worse than the midget in an elf costume in the Northeast Title
> Loans
> commercials. Nothing says fiduciary responsability like a midget dressed
> up
> like an elf.

My understanding is that in general, elves are very loyal.

In article <[email protected]>,
"B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Tim Mullin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in news:6Npxd.4384$Z47.3414
> > @newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:
> >
> >> BTW, Robert Vaughn (The Man From UNCLE) is doing a local
> >> TV ad for a Springfield, MA negligence attorney. Very strange.

> > Can't be worse than the midget in an elf costume in the Northeast Title
> > Loans
> > commercials. Nothing says fiduciary responsability like a midget dressed
> > up
> > like an elf.

> My understanding is that in general, elves are very loyal.

Brian, Elves are dead. Just so you know.

--
tanx,
Howard

Butter is love.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Tim Mullin wrote:

> The BALCO story seems to be a fine example. A prominent SF athlete,
> involved with a bay-area lab. Clearly a sports story, right? So which
> department of the Chronicle (one of the better US papers, btw)

I'm getting cognitive dissonance from your description of the Chron.

> handled
> the story? Why, news, of course. Lance Williams, an investigative
> reporter, handled it, and the stories were carried in the news sections.

Williams was one of the two reporters.
http://www.campaigndesk.org/archives/001191.asp

Howard Kveck wrote:
> Brian, Elves are dead. Just so you know.

Elvis is dead.

Howard Kveck wrote:
> Brian, Elves are dead. Just so you know.

Brian's lost another child.

On 12/20/2004 01:16 AM, in article [email protected], "Robert
Chung" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Howard Kveck wrote:
>> Brian, Elves are dead. Just so you know.

> Elvis is dead.

El Vez LIVES!

http://www.elvez.net/

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

On 12/20/2004 01:16 AM, in article [email protected], "Robert
Chung" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Howard Kveck wrote:
>> Brian, Elves are dead. Just so you know.

> Elvis is dead.

El Vez LIVES!

http://www.elvez.net/

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com
veloworks at worldnet dot ay tea tee dot net
double-yew double-ewe dot veloworks dot com [foreword] slash

"Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Tim Mullin wrote:
> >
> > The BALCO story seems to be a fine example. A prominent SF athlete,
> > involved with a bay-area lab. Clearly a sports story, right? So which
> > department of the Chronicle (one of the better US papers, btw)

> I'm getting cognitive dissonance from your description of the Chron.

If you knew Tim you're cognitive consonance would be restored.

JF

"B. Lafferty" wrote:

> "Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > In rec.bicycles.racing B. Lafferty <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> I don't think he'll go out like Pantani, but it is going to get very
> >> interesting when the Walsh book comes out in the US.

> > Why would you think that? Walsh doesn't have ****. His best
> > material is he-said/she-said ****.
> >
> > I'm as cynical as anyone. OK, I'm as cynical as almost anyone.
> > But he doesn't have ****.

> Have you read the entire book?

No, I haven't. But I bet you the head of WADA, **** Pound, has along with
the French police. That explains why there's no investigation being
opened up by WADA against him.

You remember what happened to the last French police investigation against
Lance, don't you?

And what ever happened to the insurance company investigation where the
investigator/president traveled to New Zealand to speak to that doper
Steven Swart. I guess he figured out an admitted EPO user wouldn't make a
good witness against Lance in civil court.

What is reading Walsh's book going to uncover? There are no facts in it,
just innuendo.

Phil

"Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in news:32nf0qF3p3bsoU1
@individual.net:

> I'm getting cognitive dissonance from your description of the Chron.

How so? It's a bad paper because the story wasn't on the sports page?

> Williams was one of the two reporters.
> http://www.campaigndesk.org/archives/001191.asp

Yeah, but it was late, and I was too lazy to look up the other guy's name. I
wouldn't have even mentioned the one, buy loved the irony of someone named
LANCE working to expose doping in pro sport.

Tim Mullin wrote:

>> I'm getting cognitive dissonance from your description of the Chron.

> How so? It's a bad paper because the story wasn't on the sports page?

I didn't say it was a bad paper. You said it was one of the better papers
in the US. It's certainly one of the more fun papers to read, but my
tastes tend to run toward callowness and Philistinism. Of course, you
already knew that since I read rbr.

"Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in news:32o5s7F3nmhhbU1
@individual.net:

> Tim Mullin wrote:
>>
>>> I'm getting cognitive dissonance from your description of the Chron.

>> How so? It's a bad paper because the story wasn't on the sports page?

> I didn't say it was a bad paper. You said it was one of the better papers
> in the US.

Sorry, I don't get your point then. But I'm only on my second cup of coffee.
Maybe later it will all become clear.

B. Lafferty <[email protected]> wrote:
> Have you read the entire book?

No. And I do not plan to. I felt guilty about buying Freddy Maertens'
book, sending him money in exchange for denial and outright
horseshit. So I'm much more careful about that sort of thing now.

There is plenty of circumstantial evidence that LANCE dopes. I
really don't care to reward someone that can't do any better than
that.

For example, Emma picks up some unknown pills in Spain and mules
them to LANCE. But she doesn't know what they are? WTF! You can
make an ID from the color, shape, and markings but she doesn't
remember any of that. And even if she did, it's still he-said/she-said
****.

Here's a question for you. Just what do you expect to happen once
the book is published in the US? And why do you expect it to
happen.

Stop being such a douchebag on this.

Bob Schwartz
[email protected]

"Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> B. Lafferty <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Have you read the entire book?

> No. And I do not plan to. I felt guilty about buying Freddy Maertens'
> book, sending him money in exchange for denial and outright
> horseshit. So I'm much more careful about that sort of thing now.

I understand. Freddy's book was a bit of a disappointment. You could
always get the Walsh book from your local library when it comes out.

> There is plenty of circumstantial evidence that LANCE dopes. I
> really don't care to reward someone that can't do any better than
> that.
>
> For example, Emma picks up some unknown pills in Spain and mules
> them to LANCE. But she doesn't know what they are? WTF! You can
> make an ID from the color, shape, and markings but she doesn't
> remember any of that. And even if she did, it's still he-said/she-said
> ****.

If you read the book, you would know that Emma's revelations cover only
about eighty pages in a 374 page book. There's much more circumstantial
evidence in the book than many people are aware of.

> Here's a question for you. Just what do you expect to happen once
> the book is published in the US? And why do you expect it to
> happen.

That will depend on many things that are not in my control and/or know to
me. It will also depend on what the additional material is that W&B have
both spoken of. My hope is that the facts will all come out in a way that
finally makes sense either to the doping theory or disproving the doping
theory.

> Stop being such a douchebag on this.

Whatever. Remember, the truth will set you free.

> Bob Schwartz
> [email protected]

B. Lafferty <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> Here's a question for you. Just what do you expect to happen once
>> the book is published in the US? And why do you expect it to
>> happen.

> That will depend on many things that are not in my control and/or know to
> me. It will also depend on what the additional material is that W&B have
> both spoken of. My hope is that the facts will all come out in a way that
> finally makes sense either to the doping theory or disproving the doping
> theory.

You're ready for that job at Burger King. Be sure to say 'Burger Roi'
in the interview. That'll really impress them.

Bob Schwartz
[email protected]

"Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> B. Lafferty <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> "Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> Here's a question for you. Just what do you expect to happen once
>>> the book is published in the US? And why do you expect it to
>>> happen.

>> That will depend on many things that are not in my control and/or know to
>> me. It will also depend on what the additional material is that W&B have
>> both spoken of. My hope is that the facts will all come out in a way
>> that
>> finally makes sense either to the doping theory or disproving the doping
>> theory.

> You're ready for that job at Burger King. Be sure to say 'Burger Roi'
> in the interview. That'll really impress them.

Nah. I'm going to make great coffee at Tim Horton's, eh?

> Whatever. Remember, the truth will set you free.

Where'd I hear that before, and what was the context anyway? Oh yeah -- Pi
Gamma Mu, the social science honorary society. Now there's one of life's
ironies for you.