Lance/Nike commercial?

Clydesdalemtb

Guest
Anybody happen to save the Lance Armstrong commercial where he goes 'Cross on a pack of roadies. I
only found one live link and it is a really poor quality copy.

ClydesdaleMTB wrote:
> Anybody happen to save the Lance Armstrong commercial where he goes 'Cross on a pack of roadies. I
> only found one live link and it is a really poor quality copy.

yes I've got in on my HD you want me to send it?

penny

Penny says:

>yes I've got in on my HD you want me to send it?

Yes, please! Me too, me too!!

Steve

Stephen Baker wrote:
> Penny says:
>
>> yes I've got in on my HD you want me to send it?
>
> Yes, please! Me too, me too!!
>
> Steve

it's a 13 MB file, can your connection handle it? I suppose my kid could show me how to zip it...?

Penny

Penny S. wrote:

> yes I've got in on my HD you want me to send it?

I'll set up a drop directory for you on my FTP site.

| Anybody happen to save the Lance Armstrong commercial where he goes 'Cross on a pack of roadies. I
| only found one live link and it is a really poor quality copy.

He was riding here locally earlier this week. Publicity stuff I hear. Dunno about the
commercial though.

--
FlyingCoyote http://www.boarsgut.com
--

Stephen Baker wrote:

>>it's a 13 MB file, can your connection handle it?
>

> Good question. I know it can DL bigger stuff than than direct (at a time penalty ;-)) but whether
> AOHell's mail system will pass it is another question. If you don't mind trying, I'll see what
> happens here.

No (normal) mail system will pass 13MB. Use FTP - it's better for large files.

In article <[email protected]>, ClydesdaleMTB wrote:

> Penny S. wrote:
>
>> yes I've got in on my HD you want me to send it?
>
> I'll set up a drop directory for you on my FTP site.

And then will you make it available to the world? Will you, huh, huh?

Cheers,
Pann
--
geek by nature, Linux by choice L I N U X .~. The Choice /V\ http://www.ourmanpann.com/linux/ of a
GNU /( )\ Generation ^^-^^

Stephen Baker wrote:
> Penny says:
>

>>it's a 13 MB file, can your connection handle it?
>

> Good question. I know it can DL bigger stuff than than direct

Once I have it I'll post the url for it of my site.

Stephen Baker wrote:

>>No (normal) mail system will pass 13MB.
>

> Are you trying to imply that AOHell is normal ???!!??

No, I was just covering my ass in case of a smartass.

Most free / ISP mail services will only transport about 2MB per message. Corporate mail servers will
usually allow more, but generally top out at 10MB. Theoretically, it is possible to increase the
permitted size of mails sent, but you need correct configuration at both ends - hence my disclaimer
about 'normal' mail systems.

Frequent beatings have finally helped teach our sales and marketing departments that they can't send
100MB+ attachments...

ClydesdaleMTB wrote:
> Stephen Baker wrote:
>> Penny says:
>>

>>> it's a 13 MB file, can your connection handle it?
>>

>> Good question. I know it can DL bigger stuff than than direct
>
> Once I have it I'll post the url for it of my site.

Good, YOU can suffer the repercussions for potential copyright violations...

Yep,paranoid here.

penny

Pann McCuaig wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, ClydesdaleMTB wrote:
>>

>> Penny S. wrote:
>>
>>> yes I've got in on my HD you want me to send it?
>>
>> I'll set up a drop directory for you on my FTP site.
>
> And then will you make it available to the world? Will you, huh, huh?

I suspect there might be copyright issues if I post if publicly or put it on my site for download?
Anyone know for sure?

Anyway it *was* available to the world on the Nike site for the longest time.

penny

> Pann McCuaig wrote:

> >> I'll set up a drop directory for you on my FTP site.
> >
> > And then will you make it available to the world? Will you, huh, huh?
> >

> I suspect there might be copyright issues if I post if publicly or put it
on
> my site for download? Anyone know for sure?
>
> Anyway it *was* available to the world on the Nike site for the longest time.
>
> penny

I doubt there would be any copyright issues with a commercial unless you modified it to sell
something else. But no, I don't know for sure. I would think if it remains in its original form it's
just free advertising for Nike and they'd be stupid for challenging you for it.

Mike - As 'they' say...Just do it!

Michael Dart wrote:
>> Pann McCuaig wrote:

>>> And then will you make it available to the world? Will you, huh, huh?
>>>

>> I suspect there might be copyright issues if I post if publicly or put it on my site for
>> download? Anyone know for sure?
>>
>> Anyway it *was* available to the world on the Nike site for the longest time.
>>
>> penny
>>

> I doubt there would be any copyright issues with a commercial unless you modified it to sell
> something else. But no, I don't know for sure. I would think if it remains in its original form
> it's just free advertising for Nike and they'd be stupid for challenging you for it.
>
> Mike - As 'they' say...Just do it!

Clydesdale MTB will have it later today. My computer is half running. Although I've got the new 2
ghz board in, (woo-hoo)the new OS is getting installed later this am. For some reason, my puter guy
didn't want me to load the monitor drivers yet and I'm running on 16 colors, so my program access is
limited and I can't get into my ftp until I get everything else set up.

Penny

I'd like to see this as well. Where can I get it?

Chris Gaston Fredericton NB Canada

In article <[email protected]>, Chris Gaston wrote:
> just found this link
>
> http://advertisementave.com/tv/ad.asp?adid=429

Hah. That's great. I wonder who they got to do the actual riding. Was it Lance? Everything up until
the last descent looked like a lot of fun on a 'Cross bike. :)

JS

--
Jan Sacharuk Member in Good Standing of The Discordian Solidarity Turn on viewing of the X-Geek-Code