Lance/Nike commercial?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Clydesdalemtb, Feb 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anybody happen to save the Lance Armstrong commercial where he goes 'Cross on a pack of roadies. I
    only found one live link and it is a really poor quality copy.
     
    Tags:


  2. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    ClydesdaleMTB wrote:
    > Anybody happen to save the Lance Armstrong commercial where he goes 'Cross on a pack of roadies. I
    > only found one live link and it is a really poor quality copy.

    yes I've got in on my HD you want me to send it?

    penny
     
  3. Penny says:

    >yes I've got in on my HD you want me to send it?

    Yes, please! Me too, me too!!

    Steve
     
  4. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Stephen Baker wrote:
    > Penny says:
    >
    >> yes I've got in on my HD you want me to send it?
    >
    > Yes, please! Me too, me too!!
    >
    > Steve

    it's a 13 MB file, can your connection handle it? I suppose my kid could show me how to zip it...?

    Penny
     
  5. Penny S. wrote:

    > yes I've got in on my HD you want me to send it?

    I'll set up a drop directory for you on my FTP site.
     
  6. Flyingcoyote

    Flyingcoyote Guest

    "ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    | Anybody happen to save the Lance Armstrong commercial where he goes 'Cross on a pack of roadies. I
    | only found one live link and it is a really poor quality copy.
    |

    He was riding here locally earlier this week. Publicity stuff I hear. Dunno about the
    commercial though.

    --
    FlyingCoyote http://www.boarsgut.com
    --
     
  7. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Stephen Baker wrote:

    >>it's a 13 MB file, can your connection handle it?
    >
    >
    > Good question. I know it can DL bigger stuff than than direct (at a time penalty ;-)) but whether
    > AOHell's mail system will pass it is another question. If you don't mind trying, I'll see what
    > happens here.

    No (normal) mail system will pass 13MB. Use FTP - it's better for large files.
     
  8. Pann McCuaig

    Pann McCuaig Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, ClydesdaleMTB wrote:
    >
    >
    > Penny S. wrote:
    >
    >> yes I've got in on my HD you want me to send it?
    >
    > I'll set up a drop directory for you on my FTP site.

    And then will you make it available to the world? Will you, huh, huh?

    Cheers,
    Pann
    --
    geek by nature, Linux by choice L I N U X .~. The Choice /V\ http://www.ourmanpann.com/linux/ of a
    GNU /( )\ Generation ^^-^^
     
  9. Stephen Baker wrote:
    > Penny says:
    >
    >
    >>it's a 13 MB file, can your connection handle it?
    >
    >
    > Good question. I know it can DL bigger stuff than than direct

    Once I have it I'll post the url for it of my site.
     
  10. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Stephen Baker wrote:

    >>No (normal) mail system will pass 13MB.
    >
    >
    > Are you trying to imply that AOHell is normal ???!!??

    No, I was just covering my ass in case of a smartass.

    Most free / ISP mail services will only transport about 2MB per message. Corporate mail servers will
    usually allow more, but generally top out at 10MB. Theoretically, it is possible to increase the
    permitted size of mails sent, but you need correct configuration at both ends - hence my disclaimer
    about 'normal' mail systems.

    Frequent beatings have finally helped teach our sales and marketing departments that they can't send
    100MB+ attachments...

    --
    a.m-b FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm

    b.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm
     
  11. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    ClydesdaleMTB wrote:
    > Stephen Baker wrote:
    >> Penny says:
    >>
    >>
    >>> it's a 13 MB file, can your connection handle it?
    >>
    >>
    >> Good question. I know it can DL bigger stuff than than direct
    >
    > Once I have it I'll post the url for it of my site.

    Good, YOU can suffer the repercussions for potential copyright violations...

    Yep,paranoid here.

    penny
     
  12. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Pann McCuaig wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>, ClydesdaleMTB wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >> Penny S. wrote:
    >>
    >>> yes I've got in on my HD you want me to send it?
    >>
    >> I'll set up a drop directory for you on my FTP site.
    >
    > And then will you make it available to the world? Will you, huh, huh?
    >

    I suspect there might be copyright issues if I post if publicly or put it on my site for download?
    Anyone know for sure?

    Anyway it *was* available to the world on the Nike site for the longest time.

    penny
     
  13. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Pann McCuaig wrote:
    > > In article <[email protected]>, ClydesdaleMTB wrote:
    > >>
    > >>
    > >> Penny S. wrote:
    > >>
    > >>> yes I've got in on my HD you want me to send it?
    > >>
    > >> I'll set up a drop directory for you on my FTP site.
    > >
    > > And then will you make it available to the world? Will you, huh, huh?
    > >
    >
    > I suspect there might be copyright issues if I post if publicly or put it
    on
    > my site for download? Anyone know for sure?
    >
    > Anyway it *was* available to the world on the Nike site for the longest time.
    >
    > penny
    >
    >

    I doubt there would be any copyright issues with a commercial unless you modified it to sell
    something else. But no, I don't know for sure. I would think if it remains in its original form it's
    just free advertising for Nike and they'd be stupid for challenging you for it.

    Mike - As 'they' say...Just do it!
     
  14. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Michael Dart wrote:
    > "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> Pann McCuaig wrote:
    >>> In article <[email protected]>, ClydesdaleMTB wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> Penny S. wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> yes I've got in on my HD you want me to send it?
    >>>>
    >>>> I'll set up a drop directory for you on my FTP site.
    >>>
    >>> And then will you make it available to the world? Will you, huh, huh?
    >>>
    >>
    >> I suspect there might be copyright issues if I post if publicly or put it on my site for
    >> download? Anyone know for sure?
    >>
    >> Anyway it *was* available to the world on the Nike site for the longest time.
    >>
    >> penny
    >>
    >>
    >
    > I doubt there would be any copyright issues with a commercial unless you modified it to sell
    > something else. But no, I don't know for sure. I would think if it remains in its original form
    > it's just free advertising for Nike and they'd be stupid for challenging you for it.
    >
    > Mike - As 'they' say...Just do it!

    Clydesdale MTB will have it later today. My computer is half running. Although I've got the new 2
    ghz board in, (woo-hoo)the new OS is getting installed later this am. For some reason, my puter guy
    didn't want me to load the monitor drivers yet and I'm running on 16 colors, so my program access is
    limited and I can't get into my ftp until I get everything else set up.

    Penny
     
  15. Chris Gaston

    Chris Gaston Guest

    I'd like to see this as well. Where can I get it?

    Chris Gaston Fredericton NB Canada

    "ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Anybody happen to save the Lance Armstrong commercial where he goes 'Cross on a pack of roadies. I
    > only found one live link and it is a really poor quality copy.
     
  16. Chris Gaston

    Chris Gaston Guest

  17. Jan Sacharuk

    Jan Sacharuk Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Chris Gaston wrote:
    > just found this link
    >
    > http://advertisementave.com/tv/ad.asp?adid=429

    Hah. That's great. I wonder who they got to do the actual riding. Was it Lance? Everything up until
    the last descent looked like a lot of fun on a 'Cross bike. :)

    JS

    --
    ========================= [email protected] ========================
    Jan Sacharuk Member in Good Standing of The Discordian Solidarity Turn on viewing of the X-Geek-Code
    header to see my Geek Code
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Don't think 'cos I understand, I care. Don't think 'cos we're talkin', we're friends."
    - 6 Underground, Sneaker Pimps
     
Loading...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Loading...