Lance on his track bike

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by [email protected], Mar 5, 2005.

  1. Tags:

  2. trg

    trg Guest

    Boardman had to use a non-aero helmet.

    "Bestest Handsander" <[email protected]> a √©crit dans le message
    de news:[email protected]

    http://www.trainright.com/page.asp?...t=gallery&cat=cycling&sub=TDF&gal=Wind Tunnel

    > > Or just go to www.trainright.com and go into the photo galleries
    > >

    > > He won't be able to use that helmet for the 'old-school' record, will
    > > he?
    > >

    > That's an interesting question. Must he ride with no helmet as Eddie did?
    > Or do UCI rules require him to wear a helmet? If so, can they prohibit an
    > aero helmet?

  3. > That's an interesting question. Must he ride with no helmet as Eddie did?
    > Or do UCI rules require him to wear a helmet? If so, can they prohibit an
    > aero helmet?

    Let's face it, none of us will measure up to Eddy. He was a God who
    rode steel, while we pussies tool around on carbon. We need technology to
    make us fast, while Eddy didn't, that's the difference.

  4. Jim Phelps

    Jim Phelps Guest

    Eddy used the cutting edge of the available technology during "his day". He
    did ride retro stuff for the sake of it. It just became retro later.
    > > That's an interesting question. Must he ride with no helmet as Eddie

    did?
    > > Or do UCI rules require him to wear a helmet? If so, can they prohibit

    an
    > > aero helmet?
    > >

    > Let's face it, none of us will measure up to Eddy. He was a God who
    > rode steel, while we pussies tool around on carbon. We need technology to
    > make us fast, while Eddy didn't, that's the difference.

  5. Gooserider

    Gooserider Guest

    "Jim Phelps" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Eddy used the cutting edge of the available technology during "his day".

    He
    > did ride retro stuff for the sake of it. It just became retro later.

    And every other rider rode the cutting edge then, also. It's just like
    today, minus the EPO...

  6. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

  7. On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 15:00:10 GMT, "Gooserider" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >And every other rider rode the cutting edge then, also. It's just like
    >today, minus the EPO...

    Back then we had drills. Bottom brackets, chain rings, brake handles.
    Even saw a seat post once with holes drilled...

    No one seems to want to drill holes in carbon and titanium.

    Curtis L. Russell
    Odenton, MD (USA)
    Just someone on two wheels...

  8. Jim Phelps

    Jim Phelps Guest

    Hmm, howabout drilled out handlebars? I remember the heyday of the drill out
    craze in the late 1970's like drilled out jockey wheels, drilled out wheel
    guides on the brake pad holders, drilled out chains ... Usually it was some
    Cat IV
    news:[email protected]

  9. Tom Kunich wrote:
    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]

    http://www.trainright.com/page.asp?...t=gallery&cat=cycling&sub=TDF&gal=Wind Tunnel

    > > Or just go to www.trainright.com and go into the photo galleries
    > >

    > > He won't be able to use that helmet for the 'old-school' record,

    will
    > > he?

    > Did you notive that Yaroslav has almost the identical build as Lance?

    > wonder if he tests out with the same sort of power Lance had at his

    age?

    it's time to till spring weeds.