Lance on Larry King

bobke

Oct 3, 2004
Slam Dunk for Lance.
Answered the questions.
Was credible, angry, and cogent.
Even took spontaneous phone calls--which I doubt JM LeBlanc would do or L'Equipe or the freeking French lawyer.

All I got to say is Right On Lance
You rock!!!!!

The French are quite glad for you to save their race then **** on your departure.
Screw them.
I will NEVER go back and watch the tour or spend the thousands of dollars I did on hotels, food, wine, prostitutes ooops sorry, bike souvenirs etc etc
Will they do a poll in France whether the Public has fallen for this yellow dog journalism.
No, they only do that in free countries.

I will see the Belgian classics, the Giro and many other great events.
Screw the French media!!!!

All I've got to say is great performance :cool:

Sorry but that made me cringe.....I don't think I can bring myself to comment....

''When I peed in the bottle, there wasn't EPO in it''

As opposed to ''I did not take EPO in 99''

At the very beginning he was very anxious did you notice? If he's so clean, why should he be anxious?

He had an earpiece!!!

The sad part is that they didn't ask the right questions and most people accept what he says on larry king. They had woman callers who didn't ask questions regarding the doping allegations, rather it was all about cancer, yellow bands bs. :mad:

Ullefan said:

At the very beginning he was very anxious did you notice? If he's so clean, why should he be anxious?

He had an earpiece!!!

The sad part is that they didn't ask the right questions and most people accept what he says on larry king. They had woman callers who didn't ask questions regarding the doping allegations, rather it was all about cancer, yellow bands bs. :mad:

Having had two friends with testicular cancer, I dont think yellow bands are BS.
Grow up and get a life.
Perhaps you fail to appreciate how strong Lance's support is and why.
Think about it.
LIVESTRONG

thebluetrain said:
LOL. It was linked to the Secret Service. Its all one big conspiracy that now involves George W. :D

I already replied to the earpiece nonsense on the other thread. BS.
Everyone on CNN live wears an earpice.
I know, I was on and grilled by two different people in Miama, Atlanta, and New York.
It is very hard to do.
Lance did a fantastic job.

Screw LeBlanc and never has the departure of a Tour president been greeted by such widespread flatus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thebluetrain said:
LOL. It was linked to the Secret Service. Its all one big conspiracy that now involves George W. :D
Many times he stumbled on questions, when larry was talking while lance was going on one of his propaganda shows, he didn't know what to say. It doesn't take a genius to figure he was listening to what Bill Stapleton was saying in his ear and wasn't listening to Larry while talking.

Ullefan said:
Many times he stumbled on questions, when larry was talking while lance was going on one of his propaganda shows, he didn't know what to say. It doesn't take a genius to figure he was listening to what Bill Stapleton was saying in his ear and wasn't listening to Larry while talking.
You are ridiculously stupid.

hombredesubaru said:
I already replied to the earpiece nonsense on the other thread. BS.
Everyone on CNN live wears an earpice.
I know, I was on and grilled by two different people in Miama, Atlanta, and New York.
It is very hard to do.
Lance did a fantastic job.

Screw LeBlanc and never has the departure of a Tour president been greeted by such widespread flatus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And you must have done a great job.:)

:cool:

Ullefan said:
You are truly such an idiot.
The earpiece gives the feed from Larry King.
There is a time delay.
The video feed on the monitor Lance can see of Larry King occurs before the audio feed he hears in his ear.
So, Lance looks at a video feed of himslef and Bob and Larry talking and hears it in his ear a second later.
Get it now.
So they can censor, duh.....

It is very hard to do and Lance did superbly.
No problems at all.
A slam dunk!!!!!!!!!!

Ullefan said:

I believe it to be a play on words but not as you think it is. The underlining meaning was not that he did take EPO but rather someone else must have tampered with the sample if it was found.

mbakercad said:
I believe it to be a play on words but not as you think it is. The underlining meaning was not that he did take EPO but rather someone else must have tampered with the sample if it was found.
Exactly, Watson!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing really earthshaking in the interview. Lance seemed to be somewhat edgy, somewhat angry. Given the circumstances, who wouldn't be? I'm surprised he wasn't more nervous - that was live television with literally millions of people watching. If anything, he was rather restrained. My interview under the same circumstances would be one long BLEEEEEP.

It is interesting to see the over analysis begin here. Every last little twitch means something. The earpiece means something. His phrases have a hidden code. His black socks mean he was doping. Come on people. The frogs have already handed you an unproveable, unenforceable, and to many of us unbelievable excuse to say that Lance was a doper. You can stop with the silly nitpicking now.

But one thing's for sure - I am never spending another red cent on the Tour. No plane ticket, no hotel, no t shirts, no nothing. The spring classics would be so much more interesting to see in person, anyway. Leblanc, you blew it. You had a huge audience handed to you on a silver platter, millions in revenue guaranteed, and willing to stick around next year and cheer Ivan on, and you just stuck the person who handed them to you, and that huge audience is now leaving. Not just Americans, but anyone who believes that adherence to due process and character are important. We'll be supporting the Giro and Vuelta next year. Hope it was worth it.

In relation to a question reagarding the matching of the doping sheets from the 1999 Tour De France and samples (direct quote): '....the doping sheets ? um.....I would of lost those by now....' - Is this the sort of responce you would exspect from a man who planned everything regarding his prepartion and always claimed he was worried about having a sample swapped or spiked ? I lost my doping sheets ? Come on. As I stated on another thread he didn't say that he hadn't used EPO in the 1999 Tour de France thus saving himself a lot of money in the process and not admitting guilt.

I will also add he refused to respond to questions on LeMond. Why ? Deal done. ? I have no idea.

Larry King didn't know enough about doping or cycling (or bycycling as Larry called it ! LOL !) to ask tough enough or more proping question. Although agreed had to come on TV and he did so in a freindly environment. (oh and thanks to OLN for the pictures of the Tour de France and loving photos of Lance and Kik ! - they could of done some updating !)

Ullefan said:

He had an earpiece!!!

.....another favorite (direct quote):

Larry King: 'Lance have you spoken to many cyclists in the peleton about this allegations ?'

Lance Armstrong: '.....um....well....I have been on my ranch in Austin and you don't see many cyclists from the peleton out there.....'

- Funny didn't you just say you had been in Washington for a Cancer meeting with the US Government and you also attended a Discovery meeting on the Wednesday in Nashville since the story broke ? So you been on your ranch the entire time since the story broke on Monday ? You said you spoke to LeBlanc but no one else has bothered to call ? Maybe they know, maybe they have dropped you. No other cyclist in the professional peleton has spoken to you ? Not even your best friend Basso ?

hombredesubaru said:
Slam Dunk for Lance.
Answered the questions.
Was credible, angry, and cogent.
Even took spontaneous phone calls--which I doubt JM LeBlanc would do or L'Equipe or the freeking French lawyer.

All I got to say is Right On Lance
You rock!!!!!

The French are quite glad for you to save their race then **** on your departure.
Screw them.
I will NEVER go back and watch the tour or spend the thousands of dollars I did on hotels, food, wine, prostitutes ooops sorry, bike souvenirs etc etc
Will they do a poll in France whether the Public has fallen for this yellow dog journalism.
No, they only do that in free countries.

I will see the Belgian classics, the Giro and many other great events.
Screw the French media!!!!

I'm seeing it now....he doesn't see a future star.....how could he forget about t.dekker.........:cool:

Well oke maybe L'Equipe is far off (not that I believe).......but somebody played with his sample???..........come on we are talking about scientist not some stupid dude who says let's put some epo in LA's pee.......that also doesn't make sense....

I don't believe frech press bulshit. All this affiar looks like a buch of ****. This isn't the first time this maganize is looking for sensations...