Lance on Tyler's Suspension

Discussion in 'Doping in Cycling' started by Flyer, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Flyer

Flyer Banned

Interviewed by Today Show host Matt Lauer, Lance Armstrong said that despite the news about Hamilton's suspension being hard to take, he has faith in the medical processes used to fight doping in cycling, and found the decision handed down ny the AAA as bittersweet.

'I have faith in the process..... and I know Tyler,' Armstrong said. 'And in my heart, I find it very hard to believe that he blood doped, but as I said, there is a process and at the same time, it's a little bittersweet because my long-time teammate, a Russian, Ekimov lost Gold, so it's unfortunate.'

Gee, wasn't Tyler a 'long-time' teammate of Armstrong?

It appears that only current active and obedient employees get LA's golden endorsement.

Ex-friends, ex-teammates, ex-wives, and zealous journalists can be damned!

With Lance, its me against the world as the world shinks smaller each day.

To be clear: Lance has faith in the medical science and he feels sorry for Ekimov getting a silver medal because of a blood doper. (albeit a former USPO)

Appeal or not, Tyler Hamilton is doomed as now both master cover-up man Phil Ligget and Lance Armstrong have publicly abandoned him to the obscurity that is cycling history!

Tags:

2. BeardedMonk

BeardedMonk New Member

Sigh... what an incredible surprise, Flyer's starting another post (and will probably end it) on doping.

What is being newly added that we should be so concerned about? A couple of simple comments from Lance about a friend who he laments was suspended. Holy smokes, that's a great reason to add yet another doping post to the endless ones already posted.

I almost never post, but I'm getting so sick of seeing these ultra-hardcore-everyone's-doping people saturate the forums. I realize the news with Tyler and lots of other cyclists is serious and needs to be addressed for the sake of the sport. But can we just agree that not everyone is going to feel the same way about the topic? It seems these conversations could be a whole lot more interesting if it wasn't a constant struggle between who's right and who's wrong.

Enough already, I'm sick of seeing Flyer contstantly highjacking threads and starting pointless ones that serve to do nothing but irritate people. I don't think I'm the only one here.

I realize I'm going to get a nasty response from this, or some more rhetoric about doping blah blah blah, but I won't be saying anything more. Just needed my opinion out there. The last few months has been too much of this already.

3. wilmar13

wilmar13 New Member

Nope I am right there with ya, but I think we are the minority... I think this whole forum should be changed to Doping in Professional Cycling... I will not list them, but do a search for "road racing forum", there are plenty of other good forums where the discussion is about road racing. I do understand that it is something that permeates cycling, but I can't figure out why it can't stay to a few pertinent threads (i.e. Tyler's innocence, a thread dedicated to discussing doping, etc.)

4. wilmar13

wilmar13 New Member

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread about doping with another whiny complaint about the lack of road racing discussion. :eek:

5. Flyer

Flyer Banned

Six pro cyclists die every year. Numerous World and Olympic Champions were exposed and confirmed as dopers in the past year and you people hate doping posts?

Lance Armstrong involved with six lawsuits and two criminal investigations re: doping and you couldn't care less?

Lance Armstrong's doctor convicted of malpractice, and nobody cares. Just more jealous rumors?

Wow, which sport did you want to read about. Make believe games?

If you you are a true cycling fan, then dealing with trauma and anemia doping is an integral part of the game.

Deal with it, embrace it, or go back to dreamland.

If the athlete quit doping, there would be nothing to write about. They are committed to it, and so I write about their pathetic practices and false coverups.

This forum is about serious road cycling, not fairy tales!

Maybe it's reality that is the problem, not the posts?

6. House

House Banned

There is a difference between "dealing with it" and having some attention starved moron shove it down your throat using lies, half truths and conveniently leaving out certain facts while simply reposting the same three or four things over and over and over and over in new threads, old threads, every thread.

*Common sense mode (i.e. ignore mode) back on*

7. Flyer

Flyer Banned

If you cannot handle the half truth, the whole truth will kill you.

Just so long as the trama & anemia doping truth is disclosed, I'm happy.

Live strong----but hopefully live long!

8. wilmar13

wilmar13 New Member

More apologies for the doping thread hijack, but again, I don't think you read what I wrote. They use air in their tires too, but I don't think we need to devote 100% of the discussion in this forum to that. I understand this subject is important to you, and you can post to your hearts content, but in doing so you are not talking about road racing any longer... but soley doping in road racing which is only one of its many facets.

9. mjolnir2k

mjolnir2k New Member

Recognize that he NEVER talks about road racing or anything besides his personal vendetta against LA and his bizzarre fascination with a sport he clearly loathes. He is and has always been a troll who's only purpose is to be a irritant in legitimate discussions (that's just what Trolls do).

He adds nothing to this forum (no surprise) and his posts have no worth and no merit. Read one and you've read them all....

Best to ignore him entirely and hope he gets tired of being a raving lunatic and spoiling a good forum (or maybe the admins will finally do something about him and give him a forced vacation from the forum until he can contribute something of value)

***Ignore mode back on***

10. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

11. House

House Banned

I wonder when the trained puppy will post a thread about the articles on Eurosport, Lemonde, etc. about the large amounts of money Armstrong gave to the UCI for "research against doping, to discover new anti-doping methods" (Hein Verbruggen)?

12. Jon Packard

Jon Packard New Member

Well, you could just make something up....

Oh, wait....nevermind.....

13. mjolnir2k

mjolnir2k New Member

Here's why this is a no win situation with Flyer. If LA came out in support of Tyler then Flyer would say "See, dopers sticking together"...

A troll is a troll is a troll...please don't feed them.

14. Laggard

Laggard New Member

Enough about the damn doping. :mad:

LBL is this weekend. DiLuca?

15. sirtainty

sirtainty New Member

yeah some people just can't handle reality and would rather be phony and pretend that everything is clean in pro cycling. Regarding hamilton, what exactly would it take for you people to believe that he doped? is there any test or observation relevant to determining this question that you wouldn't denounce as a false positive? rule #1: superstars like tyler and lance don't dope. rule #2, if there is strong evidence that they do, see rule #1. this is the mindset of the weakling.

16. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

I don't wish to get into the doping debate but you are using the same evidence to prove opposite points.
    Hamilton tested positive = guilty
    Armstrong tested negative so far = guilty also????????
    Sorry can't have it both ways ,unless that is convenient for you.
    I am open minded about it but please lets see evidence not speculation.

17. wilmar13

wilmar13 New Member

For what it is worth check this out from VeloNews...

Armstrong gave money for anti-doping fight
    Six-time Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong quietly gave money to the UCI to help in the fight against anti-doping. According to a report by Eurosport, Armstrong gave the UCI a "fair amount of money" several years ago to help discover new anti-doping methods.

"This is not my position or my modus operandi to advertise what I do," Armstrong told Eurosport. "So, if I've done money to the UCI to combat doping, step up controls and to fund research, it is not my job to issue a press release. That's a secret thing, because it's the right thing to do."

Armstrong wouldn't disclose the amount of money or what it was specifically spent on. UCI president Hein Verbruggen told the European sports channel about the donation a few years back and Armstrong finally confirmed the reports to reporters.

"Doping has existed for ever. It did not start in 1998. It has existed since the first Olympics and probably even before. There was always a way to go faster. And doping will never go away. So this is an ongoing process and an ongoing fight. I think we all have to be involved, either trough our words or actions or funding," he said.

Armstrong, of course, has fought doping allegations of his own throughout his six-year Tour reign despite never failing an anti-doping test.

"I am not the type of person that likes to get up and say in the newspaper: 'Our sport is dirty, everybody is cheating.' This is the sport that I love more than anything, the sport that feeds my children. Why would I stand up and say that?" Armstrong continued. "There are other avenues to combat doping, versus trashing the sport and its players, and sponsors and spectators. It's been the road that I chose. Maybe I'm right, Maybe I'm wrong. ..."

18. wilmar13

wilmar13 New Member

Let me beat everyone to the punch...

The fact that LA gave money to the UCI to discover better methods of detecting and discouraging doping in the peloton, without ever telling anyone (as a supposed altruistic gesture) several years ago is all the proof I need... to know that he is guilty and needed to give the UCI hush money :D

19. Roadrash Dunc

Roadrash Dunc New Member

We need a new forum titled 'Dope talk' where Flyer can go hang out and if we want to discus facts and figures and whatnot we can.

But meantime stop spamming the forum with all these dope topics please.

WE KNOW THERES A DRUG CULTURE IN CYCLING , IN ALL PRO SPORT THERE IS.STOP RAMMING THE BLEDINGLY OBVIOUS DOWN OUR THROATS EVERYTIME WE DROP IN TO CHAT ABOUT BIKE RACING.

20. Flyer

Flyer Banned

That is not logic.

There is far more to doping than urine and a few blood samples. The business, politics, and potential corruption do influence which fish get caught too.

Undectable drugs and TUEs take care of the rest.

Armstrong never subjected himself to WADA/IOC testers at the Greek Olympics. He avoided it altogether. He was not tested for cow blood or any other HBOC that we know of. LA tests are alleged, not confirmed or transparent. It remains a black box.

Millar was busted not by tests but by his big mouth.
    Why did he not go positive?

The last yellow jersey wearer ever DQed from a TDF race was in 1978!

Marco Pantani never tested positive in a TDF race. Was he clean? Is he alive today?

The presumption that all (100%) of the TDF peloton being on drugs for a 21 day stage race is entirely reasonable. To think otherwise is fantacy.