Lance overcomes erectile dysfunction with Kloden

whiteboytrash

Mar 9, 2005
What the ? Is this the same Kloden that Lance beat to a stage in 2004 ? Is this the same Kloden who was ****** at Lance for his constant references to how much harder he trained ? Is Kloden for real ? He really must want the good good this year to not turn out like Landis. Fark me.
_____
German Andreas Klöden took up the fight against Linus Gerdemann and for his new teammate Lance Armstrong. The Astana rider criticised Team Milram's new signing for his comments regarding Armstrong in what appears to be a developing generational battle.

Klöden, 33, said to muax.de that his 26 year-old countryman has "a small profile neurosis" which makes him force his way into the media, presenting himself as "Mr. Clean and the saviour of German cycling," while not showing enough respect to Armstrong.

Gerdemann, winner of stage seven in the 2007 Tour de France and holder of its leader's jersey, signed with Milram at the end of October. He bought out his contract with Team Columbia, where he raced for three years.

He explained that the media misrepresented his comments after the Milram press conference last week and that he had not criticised the seven-time Tour de France winner. "I said that the name of Armstrong is always mentioned in connection with doping in the media, and that this is not 100 percent good for cycling," he said to dpa press agency.

"Linus will do all he can to get press," said Klöden, winner of this year's Tour de Romandie. "I don't have to go up to every camera and present myself as the saviour of cycling. Linus should keep calm and show respect" for Armstrong. Gerdemann "is promoting himself at the cost of other riders. ... He has only once accomplished anything" by winning the Deutschland Tour this year.

Armstrong, who will join former Team Manager Johan Bruyneel and Klöden at Team Astana, responded to Gerdemann's rumoured remarks. He threatened to chase Gerdemann if he tried to join an escape group. Klöden reminded Gerdemann that he would need "friends in the peloton," and that Armstrong would not be one of them; "Lance was angry."

whiteboytrash said:
What the ? Is this the same Kloden that Lance beat to a stage in 2004 ? Is this the same Kloden who was ****** at Lance for his constant references to how much harder he trained ? Is Kloden for real ? He really must want the good good this year to not turn out like Landis. Fark me.
_____
German Andreas Klöden took up the fight against Linus Gerdemann and for his new teammate Lance Armstrong. The Astana rider criticised Team Milram's new signing for his comments regarding Armstrong in what appears to be a developing generational battle.

Klöden, 33, said to muax.de that his 26 year-old countryman has "a small profile neurosis" which makes him force his way into the media, presenting himself as "Mr. Clean and the saviour of German cycling," while not showing enough respect to Armstrong.

Gerdemann, winner of stage seven in the 2007 Tour de France and holder of its leader's jersey, signed with Milram at the end of October. He bought out his contract with Team Columbia, where he raced for three years.

He explained that the media misrepresented his comments after the Milram press conference last week and that he had not criticised the seven-time Tour de France winner. "I said that the name of Armstrong is always mentioned in connection with doping in the media, and that this is not 100 percent good for cycling," he said to dpa press agency.

"Linus will do all he can to get press," said Klöden, winner of this year's Tour de Romandie. "I don't have to go up to every camera and present myself as the saviour of cycling. Linus should keep calm and show respect" for Armstrong. Gerdemann "is promoting himself at the cost of other riders. ... He has only once accomplished anything" by winning the Deutschland Tour this year.

Armstrong, who will join former Team Manager Johan Bruyneel and Klöden at Team Astana, responded to Gerdemann's rumoured remarks. He threatened to chase Gerdemann if he tried to join an escape group. Klöden reminded Gerdemann that he would need "friends in the peloton," and that Armstrong would not be one of them; "Lance was angry."
reee

Seems to me like Kloden is being paid a pretty good wage to act as a super domestique with the occasional highlight of team leader at the swiss tours. So, Kloden is not for real but his salary definitely is.

Eldrack said:
Seems to me like Kloden is being paid a pretty good wage to act as a super domestique with the occasional highlight of team leader at the swiss tours. So, Kloden is not for real but his salary definitely is.

This is what I love about sport/politics/life in general - this year's enemy is next year's team mate. Handbags and umbrellas this year - hugs and kisses next year.

It is adding to the excitement pot nicely though - Milram and Astana will have the knives out and that can only make for more exciting racing!!!

Geoff Vadar said:
+1 I am blown away for the sheer level of politics in this sport.

It's all getting a bit WWF - what with all the drugs and smack talk...soon there will be microphones at start lines so teams can trash talk each other...

**** Andreas, I'd put Linus a touch in front of you as a fourth year pro.:eek:

Kloden = bunghole.

Andreas Kloden palmares (age 33, turned pro 1998)

1st overall, Tour of Romandie
1st stage 3 Tour of Romandie

1st overall, Tirreno-Adriatico
1st overall, Circuit de la Sarthe (plus stage 2b)

1st overall, Rothaus Regio Tour (plus stage 4)

1st, stagee 5, Bayern Rundfahrt

1st, German road championship
2nd overall, Tour de France

no wins

no wins

no wins

1st overall, Vuela al Pais Vasco (plus stage 5b)
1st overall, Paris-Nice (plus stage 7)
1st, best young rider, Tour of Denmark
1st, stage 7, The Peace Race

1st, stage 3b, Regio Tour

1st, prologue, Tour de Normandie

Linus Gerdeman (age 26, turned pro 2005)

1st Overall, Tour de l'Ain
1st, Stage 3a Tour de L'Ain
1st, Coppa Agostoni
1st Overall, Deutschland Tour
1st Stage 1, Deutschland Tour

1st, stage 7, Tour de France (inc yellow jersey)

no wins

1st, stage 7, Tour de Suisse

"I don't have to go up to every camera and present myself as the saviour of cycling." - Well Klodi you could hardly go to the press after your years at T-Mobile and say your clean !

classic1 said:
**** Andreas, I'd put Linus a touch in front of you as a fourth year pro.:eek:

Kloden = bunghole.

Andreas Kloden palmares (age 33, turned pro 1998)

1st overall, Tour of Romandie
1st stage 3 Tour of Romandie

1st overall, Tirreno-Adriatico
1st overall, Circuit de la Sarthe (plus stage 2b)

1st overall, Rothaus Regio Tour (plus stage 4)

1st, stagee 5, Bayern Rundfahrt

1st, German road championship
2nd overall, Tour de France

no wins

no wins

no wins

1st overall, Vuela al Pais Vasco (plus stage 5b)
1st overall, Paris-Nice (plus stage 7)
1st, best young rider, Tour of Denmark
1st, stage 7, The Peace Race

1st, stage 3b, Regio Tour

1st, prologue, Tour de Normandie

Linus Gerdeman (age 26, turned pro 2005)

1st Overall, Tour de l'Ain
1st, Stage 3a Tour de L'Ain
1st, Coppa Agosoni
1st Overall, Deutschland Tour
1st Stage 1, Deutschland Tour

1st, stage 7, Tour de France (inc yellow jersey)

no wins

1st, stage 7, Tour de Suisse

whiteboytrash said:
_____

I agree with Classic and Eldron : the politics of this is hilarious.

Cycle Sport May 2005 : featuring interviews with T Mobile riders Kloden and Vino.
Kloden went on at length about how he does not particularly like Armstrong and/or Armstrongs attitude with regard to races and other riders.
And today, we've got Kloden defending Armstrong!

Or maybe Kloden is just envious of younger, potentially more high profile
German riders like Gerdemann?

Gerdemann is desperate for the spotlight, and his comments were unsolicited and unnecessary. ;)

Gerdemann's sorry state is illustrated by how he is now most famous for having this spat with LA. What does that say about Gerdemann's status before the spat -- he was a nobody! :D

musette said:
Gerdemann is desperate for the spotlight, and his comments were unsolicited and unnecessary. ;)

Gerdemann's sorry state is illustrated by how he is now most famous for having this spat with LA. What does that say about Gerdemann's status before the spat -- he was a nobody! :D
I certainly would hope a few of the clean riders spat on LA.

biker jk said:
I certainly would hope a few of the clean riders spat on LA.
Hmmmm you know I really do admire the Mockridge way of approaching the sport with absolute class but then again I think in this day and age spitting on Lance is fair enough.

If they want to get on top of the ***** mentally then pushing on past him in the bunch, a bit of a snot rocket over him, a look back at him that says '**** off' and something verbal like "Yeah sorry mate but you aren't really welcome here any more. Chin up though."

= Catastrophic Seppo AnalStrong Head Explosion.

limerickman said:
Or maybe Kloden is just envious of younger, potentially more high profile
German riders like Gerdemann?
I think you may have nailed it with that last suggestion Lim. Just speculating of course. It looks like Kloden perceives Gerdemann as an opportunistic media hungry fraud by the sounds of his description of Linus... and is ****** off at him positioning himself as the new face of German cycling (which he basically said in those words). Maybe he knows that he's not as squeaky clean as he makes out.

I don't think Armstrong had much to do with it other than probably provide Kloden an excuse to knock Gerdemann down a few rungs in the press. Who knows... they may have had words in 2006 when they rode together at T-Mobile.

whiteboytrash said:
_____

rrrr

Eldron said:
It's all getting a bit WWF - what with all the drugs and smack talk...soon there will be microphones at start lines so teams can trash talk each other...

what would be really good is if they had piles of folding chairs and tables at the start and finish lines... then they could really go to work :D bet it that would get the american interest in cycling up

...chain link octagons at the finish line... i've got a lot of ideas to improve the sport!