Lance responds to LEBLANC

whiteboytrash said:
...Greek women are hairy....
Not the ones I knew......Smooth where it matters...... Mykonos beaches have very few hairy Greek women .... Smmmooooootttttttthhhhhhhhhh.

wolfix said:
Not the ones I knew......Smooth where it matters...... Mykonos beaches have very few hairy Greek women .... Smmmooooootttttttthhhhhhhhhh.
There is an old Greek saying; The pubic hair of a women can pull a ship....... translation.... they can make a man do anything...... a greek women taught me that many many years ago....

whiteboytrash said:
There is an old Greek saying; The public hair of a women can pull a ship....... translation.... they can make a man do anything...... a greek women taught me that many many years ago....
The story of my life. Twice I have built up a life that was very rewarding ... Twice I threw it away for a Greek woman. But I wouldn't change a thing.
And I have pictures of the memories.

JohnO said:
Armstrong has been merely accused, not convicted, by a newspaper that has been spreading groundless doping accusations against him since 1999, on the basis of an unknown EPO test
There you go with that "groundless" word again.

Lance's TUE form for the corticosteroid was for a different one than was found in his urine!

Also - for someone who's faced death, beaten cancer and overcome all those hardships, Lance sure has a thin skin when it comes to criticism. You'd think that with all he's gone through, he'd just ignore Prudhomme et al.

JohnO said:
Come on, Limerickman. That's not the whole story.

When Virenque was caught, there was no test for EPO - he couldn't test positive, unless he got sloppy and showed a high hematocrit. Which he didn't.

Armstrong's corticosteriod test showed only traces of it, well below the legal limit. There was nothing to act on. More than one cyclist has turned up traces of illegal substances below legal limits, only to have them attributed to innocuous use of legal medications. This was not an exception made for Armstrong, trace positives are routinely excused.

LeBlanc can't arbitrarily throw people out of the Tour, he must have a valid reason. To his credit, he tried that with Virenque in 99 (and with good reason), and was overruled - not by the UCI, but by the French courts.

As for the other accusation, it has been covered ad naseum here. It was not a legal doping control, it's methodology is still unknown, the motivations behind it are suspicious, the 'proof' from L'Equipe (or is that j'accuse?) is to say the least unethical and incomplete, and it's scientific validity highly questionable. Suffice it to say that enough problems exist with the 2005 LNDD/L'Equipe accusation to render it an experession of opinion, not a statement of fact.

Personally, I'm glad Armstrong retired, too. The last couple of Tours were just plain boring, none of the slashing attacks seen in 99, 2000, or 2001, or even the hair raising finish of 2003. Be nice to see a Tour where the outcome is unknown.

It is a bit disturbing to see the official Tour representatives endorsing the very unofficial, unethical, and quite possibly inaccurate LNDD/L'Equipe accusation. I certainly hope this does not become standard operating procedure in the future. Doping controls aren't perfect, but at least they are conducted on a level playing field, and relatively free of political or national influences.

Virenque got caught because ***** Voet was caught.

But getting back to the substantive issue, Jean Marie Leblanc stated his opinion and as TDF director his opinion carries weight.

However Lance Armstrong in the past appreciated his support when he (LA) was in a tight corner of his own making (1999-2004).
leblanc went in to bat for Armstrong many many times.

As ever the end of that particular relationship, mirrors the ending of all of LA's sporting, personal and marital relationships.

JohnO said:
Come on, Limerickman. That's not the whole story.

When Virenque was caught, there was no test for EPO - he couldn't test positive, unless he got sloppy and showed a high hematocrit. Which he didn't.

Armstrong's corticosteriod test showed only traces of it, well below the legal limit. There was nothing to act on. More than one cyclist has turned up traces of illegal substances below legal limits, only to have them attributed to innocuous use of legal medications. This was not an exception made for Armstrong, trace positives are routinely excused.

LeBlanc can't arbitrarily throw people out of the Tour, he must have a valid reason. To his credit, he tried that with Virenque in 99 (and with good reason), and was overruled - not by the UCI, but by the French courts.

As for the other accusation, it has been covered ad naseum here. It was not a legal doping control, it's methodology is still unknown, the motivations behind it are suspicious, the 'proof' from L'Equipe (or is that j'accuse?) is to say the least unethical and incomplete, and it's scientific validity highly questionable. Suffice it to say that enough problems exist with the 2005 LNDD/L'Equipe accusation to render it an experession of opinion, not a statement of fact.

Personally, I'm glad Armstrong retired, too. The last couple of Tours were just plain boring, none of the slashing attacks seen in 99, 2000, or 2001, or even the hair raising finish of 2003. Be nice to see a Tour where the outcome is unknown.

It is a bit disturbing to see the official Tour representatives endorsing the very unofficial, unethical, and quite possibly inaccurate LNDD/L'Equipe accusation. I certainly hope this does not become standard operating procedure in the future. Doping controls aren't perfect, but at least they are conducted on a level playing field, and relatively free of political or national influences.

Virenque got caught because ***** Voet was caught.

But getting back to the substantive issue, Jean Marie Leblanc stated his opinion and as TDF director his opinion carries weight.

However Lance Armstrong in the past appreciated his support when he (LA) was in a tight corner of his own making (1999-2004).
leblanc went in to bat for Armstrong many many times.

As ever the end of that particular relationship, mirrors the ending of all of LA's sporting, personal and marital relationships.

limerickman said:
Virenque never tested positive.
Virenque did dope.

Your man Mr Armstrong has tested positive, twice.
The first time he was caught using a cortiscoid and the second time he was found to have used EPO.

Jean Marie LeBlance bailed him out the first time - when he produced his backdated medical cert for a doping product (cortiscoid).
The second time round - Leblanc couldn't come up with any excuse to bail Armstrong.
I believe the corticosteroid you speak of was a cream he was using and it was approved-I most certainly could be wrong. The second positive is well...true, but bogus at the same time.

azdroptop said:
I believe the corticosteroid you speak of was a cream he was using and it was approved-I most certainly could be wrong. The second positive is well...true, but bogus at the same time.

The point of the cortisone test is that Armstrong is very fond of pointing out that he has no medical exemptions and had none for the 1999 Tour. Then, all of a sudden he has to produce a back dated certificate to explain a product that he apparently wasn't using when all riders made their medical declarations. That's the problem with it.

whiteboytrash said:
...Greek women are hairy....
They have discovered depilation with laser, ultrasound, whatever! We' re talking about wonders of science
:D

wolfix said:
Are you sure? Because you see, in Mykonos things are not what it seems and you know there are more men than women there :rolleyes: :D

micron said:
The point of the cortisone test is that Armstrong is very fond of pointing out that he has no medical exemptions and had none for the 1999 Tour. Then, all of a sudden he has to produce a back dated certificate to explain a product that he apparently wasn't using when all riders made their medical declarations. That's the problem with it.
UCI rules state that you must produce the certificate at the time of the doping control when you give your sample not afterwards. Ignorance is not an acceptable excuse and neither is producing a certificate after a doping positive backdated or not backdated. He was very very lucky to get away with this one. The rules were bent for him on this occasion. For those who know doping, cortisone injections go hand in hand with EPO usage.

azdroptop said:
I believe the corticosteroid you speak of was a cream he was using and it was approved
But the cream he was using according to the back dated TUE contained a different corticosteroid than the corticosteroid that was found in his urine!

whiteboytrash said:
UCI rules state that you must produce the certificate at the time of the doping control when you give your sample not afterwards. Ignorance is not an acceptable excuse and neither is producing a certificate after a doping positive backdated or not backdated. He was very very lucky to get away with this one. The rules were bent for him on this occasion. For those who know doping, cortisone injections go hand in hand with EPO usage.
some people will do anything to succeed in a profession, even if it means using PED's. People who don't really belong use dope to succeed, to stay in the peleton, while this forces those who do belong to use the dope just to keep the playing field even. In other words, for people like lance to keep their natural advantage they may be required to dope. It's as if the guy who is 5'11" has to wear a 1" lift on his shoe to be among the 6' crowd, so therefore the 6' group members have to wear a 1" lift also to keep the relative height the way it was before the 1" lift cheater came along. However, this analogy may not apply in cycling since doping may not be either necessary or sufficient in improving performance. all i know is the sport would be better if there were no doping.

sirtainty said:
some people will do anything to succeed in a profession, even if it means using PED's. People who don't really belong use dope to succeed, to stay in the peleton, while this forces those who do belong to use the dope just to keep the playing field even. In other words, for people like lance to keep their natural advantage they may be required to dope. It's as if the guy who is 5'11" has to wear a 1" lift on his shoe to be among the 6' crowd, so therefore the 6' group members have to wear a 1" lift also to keep the relative height the way it was before the 1" lift cheater came along. However, this analogy may not apply in cycling since doping may not be either necessary or sufficient in improving performance. all i know is the sport would be better if there were no doping.
Is this an argument? :eek:

hombredesubaru said:
Ah yes, the French.
Perhaps they like using Lance to distract from their real problems-like having no decent riders; kinda like Dubya uses avian flu to distract from Scooter Libby, WMDs etc.
Or maybe the French should clean house before they cast stones.
Ah yes, the French:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/11/03/france.riots/
Monsieur Leblanc step outside please and take a stand immiedetely on the Paris riots.

Should anyone has to mention the war on Iraq?
Cycling is cycling and it is only a small part of everyday's life. For many people it doesn't mean anything at all. Don't compare uncompareable things.

hombredesubaru said:
Ah yes, the French.
Perhaps they like using Lance to distract from their real problems-like having no decent riders; kinda like Dubya uses avian flu to distract from Scooter Libby, WMDs etc.
Or maybe the French should clean house before they cast stones.
Ah yes, the French:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/11/03/france.riots/

French cycling I would suggest is relatively clean - and this in part may well explain why their riders haven't do so well in recent years.

In addition, cycling is cyclical - the amount of talent ebbs and flows - and that could also explain why French cycling is not at the very top.

Italy went through a lean period some years back - look at Spain it took them 15 years for them to find a grand champion after Ocana.

limerickman said:
French cycling I would suggest is relatively clean - and this in part may well explain why their riders haven't do so well in recent years.
Maybe. What prompts your suspicion that there's not as much doping among French riders?

rejobako said:
Maybe. What prompts your suspicion that there's not as much doping among French riders?

The issue of doping in cycling is taken seriously by the civil authorities.
Politicians have taken an active interest in the investigation and the bringing
to justice of people involved in the smuggling/distribution/supply of PED's.
So much so that the French Justice dept has encouraged the French police to
actively pursue this matter.

The French police were behind ***** Voet being caught : Cofidis being caught and many other high profile cases.

limerickman said:
The issue of doping in cycling is taken seriously by the civil authorities.
Politicians have taken an active interest in the investigation and the bringing
to justice of people involved in the smuggling/distribution/supply of PED's.
So much so that the French Justice dept has encouraged the French police to
actively pursue this matter.

The French police were behind ***** Voet being caught : Cofidis being caught and many other high profile cases.
Thanks for clarifying.