Lance responds to LEBLANC

Dead Star said:
and what does this have to do with anything?

Keep up man! The point is that the entire French nation, from l'Academie Francaise to the Grandes Ecoles and the entire editorial team of l'Equipe are working round the clock to plot and scheme against Lance Armstrong.
Even the disaffected Maghrebin youth of the cites have been encouraged to riot in order to deflect attention from the paucity of French cycling talent.
Not since the Dreyfus affair has a single man shaken the very core of French society to the extent that Lance Armstrong has.

Tonto said:
Keep up man! The point is that the entire French nation, from l'Academie Francaise to the Grandes Ecoles and the entire editorial team of l'Equipe are working round the clock to plot and scheme against Lance Armstrong.
Even the disaffected Maghrebin youth of the cites have been encouraged to riot in order to deflect attention from the paucity of French cycling talent.
Not since the Dreyfus affair has a single man shaken the very core of French society to the extent that Lance Armstrong has.
Post of the month.

Dead Star said:
and what does this have to do with anything?

Well, there's the issue of karma of course, what goes around comes around.

Lets face it, the frogs end up being correct about opposing the war in Iraq. But I think the way it went down there was a touch of moral superiority and now, in retrospect, fear that if they supported the war their cities would erupt in protest, populated as France is by a large Muslim immigrant population.

So, yes, at the time they expressed a certain arrogance about not going to war--even admitting they were correct probably--that they would never have the kind of terrorist problems the US does. But I dont think its a stretch to suggest a parallel exists between the way the state treated the US and the way the Tour has snubbed Lance.

bobke said:
Well, there's the issue of karma of course, what goes around comes around.

Lets face it, the frogs end up being correct about opposing the war in Iraq. But I think the way it went down there was a touch of moral superiority and now, in retrospect, fear that if they supported the war their cities would erupt in protest, populated as France is by a large Muslim immigrant population.

So, yes, at the time they expressed a certain arrogance about not going to war--even admitting they were correct probably--that they would never have the kind of terrorist problems the US does. But I dont think its a stretch to suggest a parallel exists between the way the state treated the US and the way the Tour has snubbed Lance.

Bobke, you give a fascinating insight into the kind of arrogant, insular way of thinking that gets you septics a bad name...