Lance rocks Jan does not

triblew said:
Lance to win the tour again and Jan to choke like he normally does:cool:

I guess Jan's team has not refined the drugs that are pumped into Lance as well.

I reckon it's a bit unfair to say that Jan 'chokes' as per usual.

I mean c'mon, he's come second to Lance, last year 4th... He's still among the top 5 in the world which makes him pretty gifted/amazing in anyones book.

Yeah leave Jan Ullrich alone, he is a excellent rider and well to have worse performance ever in the tour 4th is not choking i would call that going really well, and well he has managed to stay up the climbs with lance a couple of times which is good seeing he is a big man, and carries abit to much weight up the hills for a hill climber and also pushes a large gear. Maybe if he had a team that every member in it only job was to kill themselves for him then maybe he could be winning too.

Jan Ullrich won when he was 23...2nd five times...fourth once...DNS twice in his prime. He is a champion, no question. T-Mobile don't pay him $3 Million a year for nothing. He gave Lance some real trouble in 2003...maybe you weren't into cycling that far back ignoramus!

Yes...Lance has the best dope.

I'd give my right nut to be as good as Jan (Okay, maybe I wouldn't). Lance gave up a nut to be as good as he is. My theory is that the 30 grams less that Lance carries makes all the difference. ;)

mezzinator said:
My theory is that the 30 grams less that Lance carries makes all the difference. ;)
Might be the 30lbs he lost during his chemo treatment; 30lbs he's kept off.

Might be a better appreciation of pain thanks to his chemo treatment.

Might be a determination to succeed thanks to his very real brush with death.

Might be because he's a genetic freak who produces less lactic acid and has a bigger heart than most people.

LA is quite possibly the most tested athlete in any professional sport, I don't think drugs factor in this.

Back to Jan; if he had a team working for him like Lance has he may have stood a chance. Seems to me T-Mob is just a bunch of very good cyclists riding for themselves.
--
Cheers
Euan

banjoml said:
Maybe if he had a team that every member in it only job was to kill themselves for him then maybe he could be winning too.

It's not just Lance that rides the Disco train! I've never seen the train give him a ride away from Ullrich or Basso; they always seem still to be with him when the train terminates. It seems to me that all the high GC riders ride the same train to reel in breakaways and that the one on one battles only begin when the Disco choo choo is buggered.

T-Mobile, as you said Euan, is more, as the saying goes, a team of champions rather than a champion team. For those who have been watching the tour you would have seen several stages ago Vinokourov was trying to get away from the leaders but Ullrich and Kloden decided to go with him and therefore brough Armstrong and the breakaway group with them. All T-Mobile are doing is riding for themselves and if they worked together for their team leader, like Discovery Channel do then I believe Ullrich would be just behind and possibly even infront of Armstrong, never rule him out.

triblew said:
Appears I was right.

Sorry been our riding for the last few months.
I still don't think that Jan 'choked'. C'mon, he's still great!! No-one on this forum is half the cyclist Jan is.... Especially me.