Lance should stick to the script

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Hyllus, Jun 15, 2003.

  1. Hyllus

    Hyllus Guest

    The boys at Nike better get hold of Daddy Yo-Yo before he says something else either embarassing or
    implicating.

    In a week of juicy quotes, today's was the best. Rumsas isn't an idiot for doing drugs according to
    Lance...he's an "idiot for doing drugs while the UCI was watching him".

    That quote speaks volumes.

    Tags:

  2. > In a week of juicy quotes, today's was the best. Rumsas isn't an idiot for doing drugs according
    > to Lance...he's an "idiot for doing drugs while the UCI was watching him".
    >
    > That quote speaks volumes.

    It's the difference between them and us.

  3. Dashi Toshii

    Dashi Toshii Guest

    "Hyllus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > The boys at Nike better get hold of Daddy Yo-Yo before he says something else either embarassing
    > or implicating.
    >
    > In a week of juicy quotes, today's was the best. Rumsas isn't an idiot for doing drugs according
    > to Lance...he's an "idiot for doing drugs while the UCI was watching him".
    >
    > That quote speaks volumes.

    Yeah it speaks volumes about the assholes that repeat rumors.

    Dashii

  4. "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in news:bcj4cp$ofm$1 @slb6.atl.mindspring.net:

    >> In a week of juicy quotes, today's was the best. Rumsas isn't an idiot for doing drugs according
    >> to Lance...he's an "idiot for doing drugs while the UCI was watching him".
    >>
    >> That quote speaks volumes.
    >
    > It's the difference between them and us.

    The difference between you and LA is a *ton* of talent, dedication, and hard work.

    By implying that the only difference is the use of banned substances, you might as well go ahead and
    <insert your excuse here>.

    I'm not condoning cheating, denying it exists, or kissing LA's ass. I'm just saying that until
    he or anyone else is actually caught, they deserve the benefit of the doubt. You would expect
    the same, no?

    BTW, try not to speak for all of *us*. We can handle it ourselves.

    - Boyd S.

  5. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    Yep. Those paraphrasing bastard journos could make anyone regret just about every word out of
    your mouth.

    "Hyllus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > The boys at Nike better get hold of Daddy Yo-Yo before he says something else either embarassing
    > or implicating.
    >
    > In a week of juicy quotes, today's was the best. Rumsas isn't an idiot for doing drugs according
    > to Lance...he's an "idiot for doing drugs while the UCI was watching him".
    >
    > That quote speaks volumes.

  6. Amit

    Amit Guest

    [email protected] (Hyllus) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > The boys at Nike better get hold of Daddy Yo-Yo before he says something else either embarassing
    > or implicating.
    >
    > In a week of juicy quotes, today's was the best. Rumsas isn't an idiot for doing drugs according
    > to Lance...he's an "idiot for doing drugs while the UCI was watching him".
    >
    > That quote speaks volumes.

    Only a dumbass would try to read between the liners like that.

  7. Boyd Speerschneider <[email protected]> schreef in berichtnieuws
    [email protected]
    > "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in news:bcj4cp$ofm$1 @slb6.atl.mindspring.net:
    >

    > >> In a week of juicy quotes, today's was the best. Rumsas isn't an idiot for doing drugs
    > >> according to Lance...he's an "idiot for doing drugs while the UCI was watching him".
    > >>
    > >> That quote speaks volumes.
    > >
    > > It's the difference between them and us.
    >
    > The difference between you and LA is a *ton* of talent, dedication, and hard work.
    >
    > By implying that the only difference is the use of banned substances, you might as well go ahead
    > and <insert your excuse here>.
    >
    > I'm not condoning cheating, denying it exists, or kissing LA's ass. I'm just saying that until he
    > or anyone else is actually caught, they deserve the benefit of the doubt. You would expect the
    > same, no?
    <snip>

    A lot of riders have testified that it's only possible to reach the top with doping...I don't think
    modern cycling is much different. It's not really a thing to be very upset about - their talent,
    dedication and hard work remains. Doping has been used by outstanding and lesser cyclists. I'm sure
    that the talent and true effort they put into it is still the deciding factor. There's not a rider
    who doesn't deserve the victories he had, I think. But the doping is still there.

    Jonathan.

  8. Mike Krueger

    Mike Krueger Guest

    << The boys at Nike better get hold of Daddy Yo-Yo before he says something else either embarassing
    or implicating. In a week of juicy quotes, today's was the best. Rumsas isn't an idiot for doing
    drugs according to Lance...he's an "idiot for doing drugs while the UCI was watching him". That
    quote speaks volumes. >>

    If you are suggesting that Lance condones cheating as long as you don't get caught, you are
    misinterpreting what he said. Some people think Lance dopes/cheats. Why would he? He is under
    constant scrutiny. He has far more to lose than to gain. If he continues to ride but never wins
    another bike race, he will still be a legend. OTOH, if he were to be caught doping, his reputation
    would be ruined, and he could kiss his lucrative endorsement contracts goodbye. He likes money too
    much to risk that under any circumstances.

  9. Hyllus

    Hyllus Guest

    "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Yep. Those paraphrasing bastard journos could make anyone regret just about every word out of
    > your mouth.

    Armstrong commented in a Reuters report that "[Rumsas] is an idiot to take drugs after what
    happened last year and knowing that the UCI is watching him."

    Ummm, if you mean quoting instead of paraphrasing, then you might be right.

    > "Hyllus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > The boys at Nike better get hold of Daddy Yo-Yo before he says something else either embarassing
    > > or implicating.
    > >
    > > In a week of juicy quotes, today's was the best. Rumsas isn't an idiot for doing drugs according
    > > to Lance...he's an "idiot for doing drugs while the UCI was watching him".
    > >
    > > That quote speaks volumes.

  10. Hyllus

    Hyllus Guest

    Boyd Speerschneider <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in news:bcj4cp$ofm$1 @slb6.atl.mindspring.net:
    >

    > >> In a week of juicy quotes, today's was the best. Rumsas isn't an idiot for doing drugs
    > >> according to Lance...he's an "idiot for doing drugs while the UCI was watching him".
    > >>
    > >> That quote speaks volumes.
    > >
    > > It's the difference between them and us.
    >
    > The difference between you and LA is a *ton* of talent, dedication, and hard work.

    Boyd,

    If you put aside your hero worship for a brief second you'd realize that the comment meant "that's
    the difference between the European mentality and the American mentality with regard to doping and
    cycling". See the folks overthere treat their cyclists the same way that we treat our football,
    basketball, and baseball players. So long as the show is good, who cares about doping.

    > By implying that the only difference is the use of banned substances, you might as well go ahead
    > and <insert your excuse here>.
    >
    > I'm not condoning cheating, denying it exists, or kissing LA's ass. I'm just saying that until he
    > or anyone else is actually caught, they deserve the benefit of the doubt. You would expect the
    > same, no?
    >
    > BTW, try not to speak for all of *us*. We can handle it ourselves.
    >
    > - Boyd S.

  11. Hyllus

    Hyllus Guest

    "Dashi Toshii" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Hyllus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > The boys at Nike better get hold of Daddy Yo-Yo before he says something else either embarassing
    > > or implicating.
    > >
    > > In a week of juicy quotes, today's was the best. Rumsas isn't an idiot for doing drugs according
    > > to Lance...he's an "idiot for doing drugs while the UCI was watching him".
    > >
    > > That quote speaks volumes.
    >
    > Yeah it speaks volumes about the assholes that repeat rumors.
    >
    > Dashii

    You better watch yourself calling Lance an asshole in this forum. He's got a lot of fans who check
    in here during breaks in building their Lance shrine.

  12. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    "Hyllus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > The boys at Nike better get hold of Daddy Yo-Yo before he says something else either embarassing
    > or implicating.
    >
    > In a week of juicy quotes, today's was the best. Rumsas isn't an idiot for doing drugs according
    > to Lance...he's an "idiot for doing drugs while the UCI was watching him".
    >
    > That quote speaks volumes.

    Hmmm. I guess then you'd say that LANCE would be an idiot to use drugs knowing that as one of the
    highest profile cyclists around, he's surely in the sights of the UCI and the CPLD.

    Or, perhaps you're not. Perhaps you're saying that LANCE is giving approval to drug usage as long as
    one isn't being watched by the UCI. California (like many other states) has a "three strikes and
    you're out" law. Are you saying that the author of that bill approves of people doing two crimes?

  13. > The difference between you and LA is a *ton* of talent, dedication, and hard work.

    It's like David Copperfield, once you know how the magic is done, it's no longer amazing.

  14. > A lot of riders have testified that it's only possible to reach the top
    with
    > doping

    And they have a magical ability to literally define the truth by their words?

    Be carefuly not to equate belief with the truth. The two don't hang out together too often.

  15. Dashi Toshii

    Dashi Toshii Guest

    "Jonathan v.d. Sluis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Boyd Speerschneider <[email protected]> schreef in berichtnieuws
    > [email protected]
    > > "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in news:bcj4cp$ofm$1
    > > @slb6.atl.mindspring.net:

    > > > It's the difference between them and us.
    > >
    > > The difference between you and LA is a *ton* of talent, dedication, and hard work.
    > >
    > > By implying that the only difference is the use of banned substances,
    you
    > > might as well go ahead and <insert your excuse here>.
    > >
    > > I'm not condoning cheating, denying it exists, or kissing LA's ass. I'm just saying that until
    > > he or anyone else is actually caught, they deserve the benefit of the doubt. You would expect
    > > the same, no?
    > <snip>
    >
    > A lot of riders have testified that it's only possible to reach the top
    with
    > doping...

    Was this sworn testimony or bar talk?

    Dashii

  16. Matt C

    Matt C Guest

    Hyllus,

    You're so right. You should contact Lance and become his assistant. You could help him straighten
    out his miserable existence and help him to stop this reckless self destructing way of speaking to
    the press. He obviously has no idea what he is doing or saying.

    "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Hyllus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > The boys at Nike better get hold of Daddy Yo-Yo before he says something else either embarassing
    > > or implicating.
    > >
    > > In a week of juicy quotes, today's was the best. Rumsas isn't an idiot for doing drugs according
    > > to Lance...he's an "idiot for doing drugs while the UCI was watching him".
    > >
    > > That quote speaks volumes.
    >
    > Hmmm. I guess then you'd say that LANCE would be an idiot to use drugs knowing that as one of the
    > highest profile cyclists around, he's surely in the sights of the UCI and the CPLD.
    >
    > Or, perhaps you're not. Perhaps you're saying that LANCE is giving
    approval
    > to drug usage as long as one isn't being watched by the UCI. California (like many other states)
    > has a "three strikes and you're out" law. Are you saying that the author of that bill approves of
    > people doing two crimes?

  17. Amit

    Amit Guest

    "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Hyllus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > The boys at Nike better get hold of Daddy Yo-Yo before he says something else either embarassing
    > > or implicating.
    > >
    > > In a week of juicy quotes, today's was the best. Rumsas isn't an idiot for doing drugs according
    > > to Lance...he's an "idiot for doing drugs while the UCI was watching him".
    > >
    > > That quote speaks volumes.
    >
    > Or, perhaps you're not. Perhaps you're saying that LANCE is giving approval to drug usage as
    > long as one isn't being watched by the UCI. California (like many other states) has a "three
    > strikes and you're out" law. Are you saying that the author of that bill approves of people
    > doing two crimes?

    Maybe the original poster can get a job with the UCI and out-Kunich Kunich (the clairvoyant who can
    detect doping by studying faces) by spotting dopers from their quotes in the cycling press.

    -Amit