Lance show, ESPN Classic Monday 7/7

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Nev Shea, Jun 28, 2003.

  1. Nev Shea

    Nev Shea Guest

    Just saw an ad for it -- 8 PM EDT (with plenty of reruns for sure)they'll have one of their 1 hour
    "SportsCentury" shows about Lance. Probably won't be much in there all us real fans aren't familiar
    with. But it is nice to see that cycling finally rates one of these shows, though leading up to the
    Kentucky Derby they had shows about 3 different horses.

    To turn this into a bullshit thread -- does any horse deserve a show more than Eddy Merckx? How
    about a (real) wrestler like Dan Gable being profiled before Greg LeMond (no show yet) -- I thought
    wrestling was even more ignored than cycling in the US, or at least the press seemed to pay more
    attention to LeMond than they ever paid to Gable. That's enough from me -- make up some more
    examples to yak about.

    NS

    Tags:

  2. Lewdvig

    Lewdvig Guest

    I find Lemond's story more interesting than Lance.

    The warm welcome Greg got from Hinault made for serious drama.

    news:[email protected]...