Lance showed no class today at all... Totally lost respect for him today

marv800 said:
Lance is a selfish ass.. case in point: NO ONE FROM US POSTAL HAS EVER WON A STAGE IN THE TDF EXCEPT LANCE, NO ONE. He won't even try and race for his teammates in the flat stages once his lead is secure. I think all the EPO is heting to his head.
Hey Marve question..could it be that you are hinting to us about your mentality..."texas BABY"?

zapper said:
Marv, I'm going out on a limb here but you sir are and idiot! :mad: He wanted Landis to win...get it!

I wasn't aware that pinarello made a tricycle :p
LMAO. Maybe that is where Litespeed got the idea for its trike.

zapper said:
Hey Marve question..could it be that you are hinting to us about your mentality..."texas BABY"?

Hey Marv,

I wouldn't go around messin' with another Texan. I bet most people in Texas are pretty proud of LA. You are disrespecting your beloved state by spewing forth your foul bile.:D

birdman23 said:
Hey Marv,

I wouldn't go around messin' with another Texan. I bet most people in Texas are pretty proud of LA. You are disrespecting your beloved state by spewing forth your foul bile.:D
Not only has he never ridden with LA, he's probably not from texas either..Just wonder why every thread about LA ends up being a lance bash party...Jealousy is really a dispicable emotion :rolleyes:

birdman23 said:
Hey Marv,

Texan's take care of their own. Marv is a poseur troll. I bet he isn't even in the US.

Come on guys give him a break...

Rumor has it he rides a pink Barbie bike with pompoms dangling on the sides...

I'd hate myself too

marv800 said:
Lance is a selfish ass.. case in point: NO ONE FROM US POSTAL HAS EVER WON A STAGE IN THE TDF EXCEPT LANCE, NO ONE. He won't even try and race for his teammates in the flat stages once his lead is secure. I think all the EPO is heting to his head.

Thanks Marv. You know, everytime I read one of your posts, you absolutely make me want to "click" on my user info and delete the fact that I'm from Texas as well. You are an embarassment to the State. This will probably be past your pay grade, but christ man, try to show a little class?

Does everyone see the kind of moron we have to put up with down here?

As for Lance, talk about a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation... When he gives a gift, there are those that say "sure, right, he let Basso win, uh huh" ... and then when grabs the stage the same people **** and moan because he didn't give a gift. /shrug

Jakebrake said:
Thanks Marv. You know, everytime I read one of your posts, you absolutely make me want to "click" on my user info and delete the fact that I'm from Texas as well. You are an embarassment to the State. This will probably be past your pay grade, but christ man, try to show a little class?

Does everyone see the kind of moron we have to put up with down here?

I hope you don't know him..... well maybe I do, cause then you could run him over with your car

TrekDedicated said:
I hope you don't know him..... well maybe I do, cause then you could run him over with your car
Da putz is online now. I invited him to a fantastic stage race to see if his legs are anywhere near as fast as his mouth. But he's probably a Cat 5 non-licensed poseur.

TrekDedicated said:

I don't have a car .... I drive a BIG truck.... *cough* roadkill *cough*

On noone from USPS having won a stage except for LA, here are some considerations that suggest that argument is flawed and/or otherwise does not emphasize the crucial points:

-- Unlike other teams, USPS has as its sole focus LA's winning the GC at the end of the Tour. It is energy-consuming for domestiques to try for stage wins/other honors, and that takes away from the team's focus and the saving of energy to assist LA. Every bit of energy counts, for it count be the difference between the domestique covering LA during a crucial period at the end of the stage or falling off before that.

-- It is best for LA to win stages in many circumstances because he is strongest USPS rider and he gets the time bonus of 20", thereby further building up his lead in the GC.

-- The very distinction between a team leader (LA) and his domestiques is that the team leader is the person that gets the most of the external awards (or at least tries to). Otherwise, why would the team leader be team leader? :p Especially at USPS, everybody understands they should have no personal ambitions at the Tour and they have to ride for LA.

-- Even in situations where LA is considering gifting a stage to a domestique, there are often third parties involved who are close enough to "steal" the stage from the USPS. In that situation, such as Heras/Beloki in 2002, or Landis/Kloden/JU/Basso recently, LA cannot risk having one of his competitors win the stage. Bruyneel wouldn't let him do that certainly.

-- The model adopted by USPS on the mountains of each domestique's pull being a "rocket" to propel LA for a while (per LA's book) tends to cause the domestiques to expend a lot of energy, and therefore not be primed to contest for the stage win. Even if they had the energy, there is a question of whether they should save it for future stages to assist LA.

Who really cares if Lance divorced or not? Unless Lance is speaking out against the decay of family values (making him a hypocrite), it doesn't matter. But I'm going to stop talking politics now.

As others have said, Lance wanted Landis to win, but Ullrich had marked him. Thus, Lance decided to go for the win and not let his T-Mobile rivals gain time on him.

TrekDedicated said:

I'd hate myself too
>>>>

Actually its a red trike. :)

marv800 said:
...Lance I doubt you'll read this but, do you remember remember that day when you got dropped in that crit in Houston by a kid riding on Team Wolfpack when you were racing as USCF Junior? Well that was me on the Red Pinarello who consoled you after the race... Now I regret doing that.

Lance could get dropped in a crit even today. But if the crit were 3-4 hours in length, not many would keep up with him. Remember, Lance has endurance, not explosive power. Crits are for the sprinters, silly.

I doubt one abandoned crit would have done anything to foil Lance's motivation. Quit patting yourself on the back, Wolf Pack isn't that great of a club anyhow...bunch of flatland poseurs.

marv800 said:
As Musette said, the USPS team has been assembled for one reason and one reason only. If Armstrong wins the GC, then each of those eight men have succeeded in their ultimate goal. Actually, I thought it was interesting that Bruyneel and Armstrong apparently allowed Azevedo to ride as hard as he wanted to yesterday in the ITT; and if you'll notice, he suffered a bit for it today as he couldn't keep up on the last climb. Landis did a man's job in stepping up to the plate for Lance, just as Azevedo has in all the mountain stages. Both men were given a chance at "showing their stuff" in the past two days, and I think both acquitted themselves very well.

Armstrong's glory is reflected to his team, and he never shirks from an opportunity to praise them. Must be pretty cool to be on a team called the "blue train" that has not once failed to dictate the pace on a day when they aimed to do so. Heras's reputation was much greater this time last year as Lance's lieutenant than it is today, when his inability to compete has led to an abandonment.

If Armstrong goes for seven and any of Lance's teammates go elsewhere to seek individual honors, I wish them the best success. In the meantime, as far as I'm concerned, they are all winners, because they set a goal for their team, and they have smashed the competition in getting their man there in an almost ridiculously easy fashion considering the buildup for this year's Tour.

HellonWheels said:
>>>>

Actually its a red trike. :)
Where did I post for that one go? lol. Must have deleted it by accident

Originally Posted by TrekDedicated

I'd hate myself too

You can probably make the case that riding for Lance and Postal actually can help your career and pocketbook. Several riders moved on to other squads to take a more prominent role and a better paying contract after the exposure they received with Postal. Leipheimmer, Hamilton, Heras became team leaders, Livingston's move was lateral and financial, and it looks like Landis will be moving on as well, I'm sure there will be some good jack to go along with that.

rejobako said:
Actually, I thought it was interesting that Bruyneel and Armstrong apparently allowed Azevedo to ride as hard as he wanted to yesterday in the ITT; and if you'll notice, he suffered a bit for it today as he couldn't keep up on the last climb..

I conveyed the same sentiment yesterday in the "Post your top 3" for Alpe d'Huez thread: "As for Alpe d'Huez, my surprise was how hard Azevedo tried. I would have thought the Posties (other than LA, of course) would have deliberately gone slower than their full capabilities, to have something in reserve for tomorrow (esp Azevedo). Something like what Chechu's showing was, was what I thought Azevedo would get."

Jakebrake said:
Several riders moved on to other squads to take a more prominent role and a better paying contract after the exposure they received with Postal. Leipheimmer, Hamilton, Heras became team leaders, Livingston's move was lateral and financial, and it looks like Landis will be moving on as well, I'm sure there will be some good jack to go along with that.

No what is more likely is that Lance has evolved into such an egomaniac *****, that no one wants to ride for him anymore, and would rather be a noncontender on a second tier team with than ride with Lance... just ask Heras

marv800 said:
No what is more likely is that Lance has evolved into such an egomaniac *****, that no one wants to ride for him anymore, and would rather be a noncontender on a second tier team with than ride with Lance... just ask Heras
Yes, I'm sure if you asked Heras he would tell you that he was absolutely thrilled with his brilliant performance in this year's Tour. Nothing like bailin' before the finish, but hey, at least I didn't have to ride for that SOB Armstrong.