Lance showed no class today at all... Totally lost respect for him today

This thread is pathetic.

First of all, Jan Ullrich went after Landis. Landis couldn't have beaten Ullrich. When LA saw that, he thought "Floyd can't win, why let Jan do that?" I would be more curious what they (LA and JU) discussed when LA caught up with Jan, they seemed pretty nervous.

And second of all, if there is one thing I'm sure of, it's that LA doesn't give a cr@p about his fans. Sorry, but he simply doesn't seem the kind of man who would say something like "I thank all those who stand by be" and be frank when saying it. His attitude looks more like "why is there not to love about me? I deserve being appreciated, I won't thank anyone for that".

mareblu said:
I think you are a little bit hard on Lance. He is after all the Team Leader of US Postal. It was Landis' job to pull him through on today's stage and he knows it! he agreed on when signing up with the Team.

Don't get me wrong, as a woman, I felt disappointed when him and Kristyn split up; I could not believe he cheated on her!!!!! plus I don't think we should past judgement on some things we know nothing about. But that is past! and today is the the 6th Tour on the table.

Pd: If you really care Why don't you send this email directly to Lance Armstrong or his team instead of writing it on a forum in the internet? :cool:

Every other accusation has been answered so I have to ask .Where did you hear that Lance cheated on his wife or is that just an assumption. I have always heard the split was a mutual agreement

jhuskey said:
Every other accusation has been answered so I have to ask .Where did you hear that Lance cheated on his wife or is that just an assumption. I have always heard the split was a mutual agreement
Well I've come in late and I'm not going to read the whole lot here, but hopefully someone has pointed out the obvious. Lance encouraged Landis to go for the stage win at the top of the last climb. It would have only worked if there was hesitation among the rest and Landis could have gotten away with a clean break. If Lance had pulled for him on the decent there is no way it would have worked as every other rider would have driven like crazy to keep up. The fact that Ullrich was immediately all over it doomed it from the start. Lance couldn't let Floyd and Jan duke it out for the win as Jan would most likely win and take the 20 second time bonus.

The cuirous part is when Floyd, Jan and Lance held up seeming to wait for Basso and Kloden. Jan was visibly upset as the 3 had a break on the other 2 and wanted to put time into both of them (Basso and Kloden). But I can see maybe that Floyd and Lance did not want to let that happen either, as that again would give Jan a chance at the 20 second time bonus to outsprint Floyd and Lance at the end.

When Kloden and Basso caught up, Kloden was off and then it was every man for himself.

I think the better tactic would have been to let Floyd fly with say 1Km left to go on the climb. He was looking so strong, and seemed to have the others including Lance in a spot of bother. If he could have pulled away and got over to the decent clean he may have pulled off the win, but even that would be a long shot.

Just remember there is no way Lance could have pulled for Floyd because that means Lance is part of the break and none of the others are going to let Lance go in a break.

mareblu said:
Don't get me wrong, as a woman, I felt disappointed when him and Kristyn split up; I could not believe he cheated on her!!!!! plus I don't think we should past judgement on some things we know nothing about.

Umm. I would like a source for this... What tabloid do you read?

Hey you dumbfuck Marv:
No what is more likely is that Lance has evolved into such an egomaniac *****, that no one wants to ride for him anymore, and would rather be a noncontender on a second tier team with than ride with Lance... just ask Heras

Why don't you ask Hincapie this question? Why don't you ask all the cancer patients he sees...You are so ignorant and stupid that it is actually quite sad. I feel extremely sorry for anyone that has contact with you in daily life.

Was the original post real? I think someone's messing with us. That was the most absurd thing I have ever read. Great imagination though, perhaps you should write fantasy novels.

This same person wrote about which bikes have and don't have souls...and I think something anti-French with Lance (although that probably was sarcastic).

eddie22 said:
Was the original post real? I think someone's messing with us. That was the most absurd thing I have ever read. Great imagination though, perhaps you should write fantasy novels.

Eddie, very much real. This guy is a quack. Just look at all his posts

Excelent quote! :)

supert said:
from a AP story
"Sweet," he told teammate Floyd Landis as they hugged at the finish.

You're the man. Nice sprint. I'm glad you got it," Landis replied.
When they hugged at the finish, still perched on their bikes, Landis told Armstrong: "I couldn't go any more."

mareblu said:
Excelent quote! :)
wow i hope you had your flame suit on...
landis did an awesome job and got alot of recognition...but he couldnt hold up the whole time..
thats why LA has won 5 times...goign on 6
its a team and thats what they all are there for..
they knew that when they signed up

Ppl make it seem like its not worth it for the rest of the team like hincapie who could prbably be on the podium by himself....but who is th emost recognized and highly sponsered team? USPS

and there are thousands of teams that ppl have no idea who they are..
LA and usps have put cycling on the map and thats why ppl will sacrifice anything for them

Armstrong would have let Landis win the stage but unfortuneately 2 germans had different ideas.
Landis could have gone on the descent, but Ullrich would have caught him, especially given the huge effort Landis had made all the way up the mountain.
It all came back together and Kloeden attacked. Ullrich couldn't chase Kloeden because a) he's his teamate and b) Kloeden is ahead of him on GC and team captain therefore.
Watch the tape, Landis hits the front to try and close the gap to Kloeden dragging his team leader, race leader Armstrong back up to Kloeden, but due to the fact that he is obviously tired after all the previous efforts, he fades.
So what is Armstrong supposed to do ?? pat him on the back say never mind, and let T Mobile take a 1st and 2nd place ????
No way ..... He not only sees off Ullrich, but he chases down Kloeden and wins the stage for USPS.
Surely he'll spilt all the winnings with his team as is tradition for the Tour winner, so Landis will benefit, but more importantly, if armstrong didn't try to win the stage and succeed, then all of Landis's earlier hard work would have been in vain. I'm sure that Landis would agree that if he couldn't win the stage, then he would only have wanted Lance to win it, that's what he sacrifices himself for everyday.
I think what it actually showed was the great strategic and tatical brain of USPS team especially Armstrong.
I have always been indifferent towards Armstrong as a person, but have huge respect and admiration for him as a rider, but every year he amazes us more and more, he knows what he has to do, and does it, no excuses. Pure Class.

MJP1 said:
" but more importantly, if armstrong didn't try to win the stage and succeed, then all of Landis's earlier hard work would have been in vain. I'm sure that Landis would agree that if he couldn't win the stage, then he would only have wanted Lance to win it, that's what he sacrifices himself for everyday."
To me, this seems to be the clearest explanation and makes the most sense! If only Marv the moronic with training wheels could just figure it out. but, that would require him to escape his fantasy world....poor fellow

zapper said:
To me, this seems to be the clearest explanation and makes the most sense! If only Marv the moronic with training wheels could just figure it out. but, that would require him to escape his fantasy world....poor fellow
PEOPLE!! Please stop responding to this absurd thread. Let's just let it get dropped.

marv800 said:
Lance, you dissapoint me.. first you leave the wife that saw you through your illness, you three kids and sellout to a middle-aged rock star. Now you sellout your own team with your selfishness.

I can't believe no one has pointed out the fact that Lance did not MEET Kristin until AFTER his bout with cancer...he met her in the course of setting up the LAF...has no one read "It's Not About the Bike?" Yeah, I know she was there well after, and the years after the chemo and surgery must have been stressful in this regard, but Lance did not have her "seeing him through" his illness. Anyway, that's all, it is sad that they divo'ed, but that is none of my business anyway. Loads of people out there and on this board have had to go through that and have their hearts broken.

Shut up.

I don't remember now where I read that info. I do not read tabloids for your information. If anything, I read cycling web sites and I hope the gossip of why they divorced is untrue.

Anyway, Have a cool day guys! :)

TrekDedicated said:
Umm. I would like a source for this... What tabloid do you read?

Hey you dumbfuck Marv:

Why don't you ask Hincapie this question? Why don't you ask all the cancer patients he sees...You are so ignorant and stupid that it is actually quite sad. I feel extremely sorry for anyone that has contact with you in daily life.