Lance spits in soup

eddy puts lancey-poo in his place with a polite "up yours, chum." Eddy Merckx: “Winning the Tour de France without doping is possible” as quoted from cyclingnews.

It's possible to win the Tour without using drugs. It's just not possible for Lance Armstrong to do it though. That's why he cheated. His rationalizations show that he still doesn't get it. He's an ethical cum dumpster.

Originally Posted by parkansas .

It's possible to win the Tour without using drugs. It's just not possible for Lance Armstrong to do it though. That's why he cheated. His rationalizations show that he still doesn't get it. He's an ethical cum dumpster.
Climbing speeds are considerably slower now compared to the EPO generation, google it, you will see it's a massive difference.

Tell you what-lets start a new thread based on sheer speculation. Lance Armstrong is now in France, telling everybody it's impossible to win their little bike race without doping. The French have laws against doping. In fact they're investigating Astana for doping in the 2009 Tour right now. What do you suppose would happen if some fine Gandarme (just guessing on spelling) walks up to Mr. Armstrong, slaps the bracelets on him, and says something like "Mister Armstrong, we are arresting you for making big cheating on our bicycle race and pooping on our laws." What do you think the ramifications of that action would be? I think it would do the sport a tremendous favor. Doesn't have to be Lance. Could be any one of the cheaters........

Not trolling at all. Sorry if it looks that way. I'm simply asking, given that the race is on now, and there are a number of known dopers competing, not to mention Armstrong running around France telling people that no one can win without cheating, might this be an opportunity to show that the French are serious about enforcing their laws? Maybe all they would have to do is tell a few of them to bring their lawyers down to the office on Monday. If riders know the French are watching, maybe some of them will think twice about cheating.

parkansas said:
Not trolling at all. Sorry if it looks that way. I'm simply asking, given that the race is on now, and there are a number of known dopers competing, not to mention Armstrong running around France telling people that no one can win without cheating, might this be an opportunity to show that the French are serious about enforcing their laws? Maybe all they would have to do is tell a few of them to bring their lawyers down to the office on Monday. If riders know the French are watching, maybe some of them will think twice about cheating.   
What you makes you think Armstrong is in France? Which known dopers are you referring to? Which riders are the ones doping? The French police don't perform blood tests or urine tests on riders in races or outside of training. What makes you think that the French police can't do their jobs or don't know what their jobs are? Perhaps you should brush up on French law.

What makes me think Lance was in France was the interviews he gave, saying no one could win the Tour without cheating. If you want a doper, start with Frank Schleck. Here's a little information you probably-well unquestionably, don't know. Most European countries have few law enforcement agencies. For instance, in Ireland, it'e the Garda. That's it. It's not that difficult to start an investigation. While I was there they started an investigation in to some chocolate candy that was wrapped up to look like a Swiss army knife, and because it was wrapped in aluminum, it made it through the airport screeners. In NIce and the surrounding areas, which is where I spent most of my time, it was the surety. I found that out that all the law enforcement agencies trade information freely. Thats where the Tour will be tomorrow. My interactions with them were always good. Any of the agencies can "enforce" an investigation. If they decide they want to investigate something, they generally call the DCPJ. The hill they will be riding out of Nice in a few hours is truly a spectacular ride. On the way back you can easily drop into Monaco. On the way back to Nice you pass Elton John's house is on the top of the hill. Make sure your brakes are working. By the way, I think France is an incredibly "well managed" Country.
I guess you have no need to brush up on being a Douche bag. You've got that down pat. That's French, by the way.

Holding up a big fake Stanley Kubrick **** is the saddest thing I've ever seen a grown man do...........

You know, interviews can be conducted all over the place, not just in France. I suggest you call the French police and warn them to be on the lookout for dopers. They'll no doubt appreciate your tip. Did Malcolm McDowell say that holding up that big phallus in the Clockwork Orange was the saddest thing he ever had to do? He doesn't look sad in the picture.

I should have clarified in my first post. Lance was on Corsica the day before the start of the first stage, where he gave this interview for Le Monde. Which, in my opinion, made it all the more tacky. Which makes his past harassment of Bassons and other anti-doping riders for "destroying the sport" far beyond tacky.

Oprah is probably slapping herself upside the head for not playing hardball last fall. I'm not disappointed. This is Lance just being Lance.

Didn't every rival of Lance got suspended for dopping or connections to dopping schemes?

Ullrich and Baso were. Contador also... So he had drugs to beat other guys on drugs. Sounds legit.

Eddy Merckx: “Winning the Tour de France without doping is possible”

How would he know? He was a doper, like the rest.

Originally Posted by ambal .

Climbing speeds are considerably slower now compared to the EPO generation, google it, you will see it's a massive difference.
Looks like this is no longer the case
stress.png

oldbobcat said:
Reasons to be cheerful.
Or reasons for a null response. Climbing speed is only one metric, and it's one that's based on a number of variables, very few of which are ever discussed when climbing speed is used as a proxy for doping.

Aw, hell, let me enjoy my fantasy that Froome is climbing and time trialing like a demon and he's clean, at least until all the test results are in. I don't expect anyone, least of a you, alienator, to share my optimism. I just had to say something to make myself feel good.