Lance throws a hissy fit gets mistaken for Bob Roll

The Czar

Guest
I did not catch the name of the cafe but I heard on the news that Sir
Lance and Kate Hudson attempted to cut the line and grab a table at
some joint in New York over the weekend. Seems the folks at the door
told them that no tables were open and Lance uttered those famous
words "do you know who I am?" The fellow replied "sure....your Bob
Roll but we still have no tables availiable" hummmm....well how
bout those aplles?

The Czar wrote:
> I did not catch the name of the cafe but I heard on the news that Sir
> Lance and Kate Hudson attempted to cut the line and grab a table at
> some joint in New York over the weekend. Seems the folks at the door
> told them that no tables were open and Lance uttered those famous
> words "do you know who I am?" The fellow replied "sure....your Bob
> Roll but we still have no tables availiable" hummmm....well how
> bout those aplles?

What's odd about this is that Owen Wilson has a thing for
chicks that look like LANCE's mom.

Bob Schwartz

Bob Schwartz wrote:
> What's odd about this is that Owen Wilson has a thing for chicks that look
> like LANCE's mom.

Serendipity.

On Jun 16, 8:37 am, The Czar <[email protected]> wrote:
> I did not catch the name of the cafe but I heard on the news that Sir
> Lance and Kate Hudson attempted to cut the line and grab a table at
> some joint in New York over the weekend. Seems the folks at the door
> told them that no tables were open and Lance uttered those famous
> words "do you know who I am?" The fellow replied "sure....your Bob
> Roll but we still have no tables availiable" hummmm....well how
> bout those aplles?

If this is true, big +1 to the guy at the door. He knew _exactly_ who
he was speaking to. Nobody who knows "Bob Roll" doesn't also know
"LANCE". Really brightened up my to-this-point-ugly Monday morning
(major server crash).

tf

The Czar wrote:
> I did not catch the name of the cafe but I heard on the news that Sir
> Lance and Kate Hudson attempted to cut the line and grab a table at
> some joint in New York over the weekend. Seems the folks at the door
> told them that no tables were open and Lance uttered those famous
> words "do you know who I am?" The fellow replied "sure....your Bob
> Roll but we still have no tables availiable" hummmm....well how
> bout those aplles?

Great story--give those reservation people medals!

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com

On Jun 16, 4:40 pm, Mark & Steven Bornfeld
<[email protected]> wrote:
> The Czar wrote:
> > I did not catch the name of the cafe but I heard on the news that Sir
> > Lance and Kate Hudson attempted to cut the line and grab a table at
> > some joint in New York over the weekend. Seems the folks at the door
> > told them that no tables were open and Lance uttered those famous
> > words "do you know who I am?" The fellow replied "sure....your Bob
> > Roll but we still have no tables availiable" hummmm....well how
> > bout those aplles?

> Great story--give those reservation people medals!

I'd make it a point to go to that cafe if I knew the name. If I was
standing in line I would have embarrassed him for such schmucky
behavior. For future reference, which is preferable?
"Hey Uniballer! The line starts back there!" (watch him turn red)
"Sheryl? Sheryl Crow?! How are you?" (watch him get whiplash)
{insert your wise ass comment here}

On Jun 16, 7:37 am, The Czar <[email protected]> wrote:
> I did not catch the name of the cafe but I heard on the news that Sir
> Lance and Kate Hudson attempted to cut the line and grab a table at
> some joint in New York over the weekend. Seems the folks at the door
> told them that no tables were open and Lance uttered those famous
> words "do you know who I am?" The fellow replied "sure....your Bob
> Roll but we still have no tables availiable" hummmm....well how
> bout those aplles?

My guess- the Bob Roll and "do you know who I am?" parts are urban
legend. Who cares about LA besides us? He was with Kate bleeping
Hudson, Goldie Hawn's gorgeous daughter. However, it does seem to be
true that they were turned away:

>http://www.nypost.com/seven/06152008/gossip/pagesix/spinning_wheels_115584.htm

I think a better urban legend would be more like this:
"Do you know who I am?"
"Certainly, Mr. LeMond. You've always been one of my heroes, unlike
that doper what's-his-name."
-Paul

RicodJour wrote:
> On Jun 16, 4:40 pm, Mark & Steven Bornfeld
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>> The Czar wrote:
>>> I did not catch the name of the cafe but I heard on the news that Sir
>>> Lance and Kate Hudson attempted to cut the line and grab a table at
>>> some joint in New York over the weekend. Seems the folks at the door
>>> told them that no tables were open and Lance uttered those famous
>>> words "do you know who I am?" The fellow replied "sure....your Bob
>>> Roll but we still have no tables availiable" hummmm....well how
>>> bout those aplles?

>> Great story--give those reservation people medals!

> I'd make it a point to go to that cafe if I knew the name. If I was
> standing in line I would have embarrassed him for such schmucky
> behavior. For future reference, which is preferable?
> "Hey Uniballer! The line starts back there!" (watch him turn red)
> "Sheryl? Sheryl Crow?! How are you?" (watch him get whiplash)
> {insert your wise ass comment here}

Tooor day Fance!

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com

[email protected] wrote:
> On Jun 16, 10:37 am, The Czar <[email protected]> wrote:
>> I did not catch the name of the cafe but I heard on the news that Sir
>> Lance and Kate Hudson attempted to cut the line and grab a table at
>> some joint in New York over the weekend. Seems the folks at the door
>> told them that no tables were open and Lance uttered those famous
>> words "do you know who I am?" The fellow replied "sure....your Bob
>> Roll but we still have no tables availiable" hummmm....well how
>> bout those aplles?

> He is thowing one-balled humps into Kate Hudson. You're not. How
> 'bout them "aplles"?

Cumon, the Czarina is hot!

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com

Paul G. wrote:
> On Jun 16, 7:37 am, The Czar <[email protected]> wrote:
>> I did not catch the name of the cafe but I heard on the news that Sir
>> Lance and Kate Hudson attempted to cut the line and grab a table at
>> some joint in New York over the weekend. Seems the folks at the door
>> told them that no tables were open and Lance uttered those famous
>> words "do you know who I am?" The fellow replied "sure....your Bob
>> Roll but we still have no tables availiable" hummmm....well how
>> bout those aplles?

> My guess- the Bob Roll and "do you know who I am?" parts are urban
> legend. Who cares about LA besides us? He was with Kate bleeping
> Hudson, Goldie Hawn's gorgeous daughter. However, it does seem to be
> true that they were turned away:
>
>> http://www.nypost.com/seven/06152008/gossip/pagesix/spinning_wheels_115584.htm

> I think a better urban legend would be more like this:
> "Do you know who I am?"
> "Certainly, Mr. LeMond. You've always been one of my heroes, unlike
> that doper what's-his-name."
> -Paul

Works for me.

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com

"The Czar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>I did not catch the name of the cafe but I heard on the news that Sir
> Lance and Kate Hudson attempted to cut the line and grab a table at
> some joint in New York over the weekend. Seems the folks at the door
> told them that no tables were open and Lance uttered those famous
> words "do you know who I am?"

That's so low class (if true). What would've be real classy ..... "do
you know who I was?"

Phil H

Dans le message de news:[email protected],
Phil Holman <piholmanc@yourservice> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
> "The Czar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> I did not catch the name of the cafe but I heard on the news that Sir
>> Lance and Kate Hudson attempted to cut the line and grab a table at
>> some joint in New York over the weekend. Seems the folks at the door
>> told them that no tables were open and Lance uttered those famous
>> words "do you know who I am?"

> That's so low class (if true). What would've be real classy ..... "do
> you know who I was?"
>
> Phil H

Nicely subtle! Ergo, disqualified from RBR. But nice.

On Jun 16, 10:37 am, The Czar <[email protected]> wrote:
> I did not catch the name of the cafe but I heard on the news that Sir
> Lance and Kate Hudson attempted to cut the line and grab a table at
> some joint in New York over the weekend. Seems the folks at the door
> told them that no tables were open and Lance uttered those famous
> words "do you know who I am?" The fellow replied "sure....your Bob
> Roll but we still have no tables availiable" hummmm....well how
> bout those aplles?

The "Cafe" was Rao's. When they say the place is mobbed, they mean
it. Seriously, there's only been one fatal shooting in the place.
Rao's has only 10 tables, and they are all owned by regulars, mostly
famous people. Even when they are not there, no one can use the
table. Sometimes a regular will allow a friend to use the table.
Sometimes a table will be sold to another famous personby the owner.
Sometimes space is available at the bar for walk-ins. You don't just
walk in and ask for a table. You have to know someone.

Much the same food can be had at Piatti d'Oro at Fifth and 118th St,
or Piatti d'Oro 2 off First Avenue on 108th St. There might be a wait
for a table, but you'll get it the same night.

Paul G. wrote:

> My guess- the Bob Roll and "do you know who I am?" parts are urban
> legend. Who cares about LA besides us? He was with Kate bleeping
> Hudson, Goldie Hawn's gorgeous daughter. However, it does seem to be
> true that they were turned away:

It almost seems like you're interested in the underlying facts of this
story. Either I'm mistaken, or else you're confused about the nature of
this particular forum.

Sandy wrote:
> Nicely subtle! Ergo, disqualified from RBR. But nice.

Hey some of us grok irony, so subtlety should be easy.

http://www.ganglandnews.com/column248.htm

On Jun 17, 12:22 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> On Jun 16, 8:57 pm, [email protected] wrote:
>

> > On Jun 16, 10:37 am, The Czar <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > I did not catch the name of the cafe but I heard on the news that Sir
> > > Lance and Kate Hudson attempted to cut the line and grab a table at
> > > some joint in New York over the weekend. Seems the folks at the door
> > > told them that no tables were open and Lance uttered those famous
> > > words "do you know who I am?" The fellow replied "sure....your Bob
> > > Roll but we still have no tables availiable" hummmm....well how
> > > bout those aplles?

> > The "Cafe" was Rao's. When they say the place is mobbed, they mean
> > it. Seriously, there's only been one fatal shooting in the place.
> > Rao's has only 10 tables, and they are all owned by regulars, mostly
> > famous people. Even when they are not there, no one can use the
> > table. Sometimes a regular will allow a friend to use the table.
> > Sometimes a table will be sold to another famous personby the owner.
> > Sometimes space is available at the bar for walk-ins. You don't just
> > walk in and ask for a table. You have to know someone.

> > Much the same food can be had at Piatti d'Oro at Fifth and 118th St,
> > or Piatti d'Oro 2 off First Avenue on 108th St. There might be a wait
> > for a table, but you'll get it the same night.

> http://www.ganglandnews.com/column248.htm

Regis, Pataki and Woody? I just lost all interest in the place.

Donald Munro <[email protected]> wrote:

> Sandy wrote:
> > Nicely subtle! Ergo, disqualified from RBR. But nice.

> Hey some of us grok irony, so subtlety should be easy.

Subtlety didn't die after 9-11.

--
tanx,
Howard

The bloody pubs are bloody dull
The bloody clubs are bloody full
Of bloody girls and bloody guys
With bloody murder in their eyes

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

On Jun 17, 9:48 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> On Jun 17, 1:50 pm, RicodJour <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Regis, Pataki and Woody? I just lost all interest in the place.

> You couldn't get in anyway.

I never said I wanted to go there, I just said that I lost all
interest in the place. Thanks for being obtuse and pointing out the
obvious.