Lance throws a hissy fit gets mistaken for Bob Roll



C

Colin Campbell

Guest
[email protected] wrote:
> On Jun 17, 1:50 pm, RicodJour <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Jun 17, 12:22 pm, [email protected] wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>>> On Jun 16, 8:57 pm, [email protected] wrote:
>>>> On Jun 16, 10:37 am, The Czar <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> http://www.ganglandnews.com/column248.htm

>> Regis, Pataki and Woody? I just lost all interest in the place.
>>
>>

>
> You couldn't get in anyway.
>


(Somewhat) As Groucho Marx said, "Do you think I'd want to join a club
that would have me?"
 
On Jun 17, 6:48 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> On Jun 17, 1:50 pm, RicodJour <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > On Jun 17, 12:22 pm, [email protected] wrote:

>
> > > On Jun 16, 8:57 pm, [email protected] wrote:

>
> > > > On Jun 16, 10:37 am, The Czar <joedopeb[email protected]> wrote:

>
> > >http://www.ganglandnews.com/column248.htm

>
> > Regis, Pataki and Woody?  I just lost all interest in the place.

>
> You couldn't get in anyway.


They sell Rao's-branded spaghetti sauce in the
supermarket. It costs about $10 a jar, about 3 times
what a decent jar of sauce costs. So you can look
at it two ways. Either you can get the Rao's experience
at home for $10, minus the over-the-hill mobster at
the next table. Or you can figure that Rao's is like
$10 spaghetti sauce: I don't care if it's flavored with
the finest tomatoes or even high-quality heroin, no
jarred supermarket sauce is worth 10 bucks.

Ben
Restaurants are for eating, not posing.
Posing is for post-ride coffee shops.
 
R

RicodJour

Guest
On Jun 18, 4:16 am, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
wrote:
>
> They sell Rao's-branded spaghetti sauce in the
> supermarket. It costs about $10 a jar, about 3 times
> what a decent jar of sauce costs. So you can look
> at it two ways. Either you can get the Rao's experience
> at home for $10, minus the over-the-hill mobster at
> the next table. Or you can figure that Rao's is like
> $10 spaghetti sauce: I don't care if it's flavored with
> the finest tomatoes or even high-quality heroin, no
> jarred supermarket sauce is worth 10 bucks.


You obviously have never had high-quality heroin. :)~

R
 
D

Donald Munro

Guest
[email protected] wrote:
>> They sell Rao's-branded spaghetti sauce in the supermarket. It costs
>> about $10 a jar, about 3 times what a decent jar of sauce costs. So you
>> can look at it two ways. Either you can get the Rao's experience at
>> home for $10, minus the over-the-hill mobster at the next table. Or you
>> can figure that Rao's is like $10 spaghetti sauce: I don't care if it's
>> flavored with the finest tomatoes or even high-quality heroin, no jarred
>> supermarket sauce is worth 10 bucks.


RicodJour wrote:
> You obviously have never had high-quality heroin. :)~


The modern angular furniture and expensive shirts used up his budget.
 
R

RicodJour

Guest
On Jun 18, 9:00 am, Donald Munro <[email protected]> wrote:
> RicodJour wrote:
> > [email protected] wrote:

>
> >> They sell Rao's-branded spaghetti sauce in the supermarket. It costs
> >> about $10 a jar, about 3 times what a decent jar of sauce costs. So you
> >> can look at it two ways. Either you can get the Rao's experience at
> >> home for $10, minus the over-the-hill mobster at the next table. Or you
> >> can figure that Rao's is like $10 spaghetti sauce: I don't care if it's
> >> flavored with the finest tomatoes or even high-quality heroin, no jarred
> >> supermarket sauce is worth 10 bucks.

>
> > You obviously have never had high-quality heroin. :)~

>
> The modern angular furniture and expensive shirts used up his budget.


I'm not so sure. Looking back on his posting, he also is advising
long sleeve shirts for hot weather riding - no doubt to hide the track
marks. Maybe he blames it on a "sun allergy" like Millar.

R
 
B

Bob Schwartz

Guest
[email protected] wrote:
> They sell Rao's-branded spaghetti sauce in the
> supermarket. It costs about $10 a jar, about 3 times
> what a decent jar of sauce costs.


The Assos of spaghetti sauce.

Bob Schwartz
 
On Jun 18, 9:24 am, Bob Schwartz <[email protected]>
wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > They sell Rao's-branded spaghetti sauce in the
> > supermarket. It costs about $10 a jar, about 3 times
> > what a decent jar of sauce costs.

>
> The Assos of spaghetti sauce.
>
> Bob Schwartz


But the supermarkets, delis, drug stores and hardware stores where it
is sold, HAVE to carry it, Otherwise their garbage doesn't get
collected, shipments arrive late with boxes fallen off the truck,
maybe even a break-in or fire could happen. Pure coincidence, but it
could happen.

The sauce is three times better than average decent supermarket
spaghetti sauce. Only virgin olive oil. You better not disrespect
that pasta sauce. You'll eat it and like it.
 
H

Howard Kveck

Guest
In article <[email protected]googlegroups.com>,
RicodJour <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Jun 18, 4:16 am, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> >
> > They sell Rao's-branded spaghetti sauce in the
> > supermarket. It costs about $10 a jar, about 3 times
> > what a decent jar of sauce costs. So you can look
> > at it two ways. Either you can get the Rao's experience
> > at home for $10, minus the over-the-hill mobster at
> > the next table. Or you can figure that Rao's is like
> > $10 spaghetti sauce: I don't care if it's flavored with
> > the finest tomatoes or even high-quality heroin, no
> > jarred supermarket sauce is worth 10 bucks.

>
> You obviously have never had high-quality heroin. :)~


He's never early, he's always late
First thing you learn is you always gotta wait

--
tanx,
Howard

The bloody pubs are bloody dull
The bloody clubs are bloody full
Of bloody girls and bloody guys
With bloody murder in their eyes

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
 
D

Donald Munro

Guest
The Czar wrote:

> I did not catch the name of the cafe but I heard on the news that Sir
> Lance and Kate Hudson attempted to cut the line and grab a table at some
> joint in New York over the weekend. Seems the folks at the door told them
> that no tables were open and Lance uttered those famous words "do you know
> who I am?" The fellow replied "sure....your Bob Roll but we still have
> no tables availiable" hummmm....well how bout those aplles?


I don't suppose the fellows name was Lafferty ?
 
On Jun 18, 6:44 am, [email protected] wrote:
> On Jun 18, 9:24 am, Bob Schwartz <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> > [email protected] wrote:
> > > They sell Rao's-branded spaghetti sauce in the
> > > supermarket.  It costs about $10 a jar, about 3 times
> > > what a decent jar of sauce costs.

>
> > The Assos of spaghetti sauce.

>
> > Bob Schwartz

>
> But the supermarkets, delis, drug stores and hardware stores where it
> is sold, HAVE to carry it,  Otherwise their garbage doesn't get
> collected, shipments arrive late with boxes fallen off the truck,
> maybe even a break-in or fire could happen.  Pure coincidence, but it
> could happen.
>
> The sauce is three times better than average decent supermarket
> spaghetti sauce.  Only virgin olive oil.  You better not disrespect
> that pasta sauce.  You'll eat it and like it.


It's true! Just last night, I was cooking up some
spaghetti bolognese, and suddenly there was
a knock on my door. There stood three large
men in tight buttoned up suits, who told me if I valued
my sauce, I was going to have to buy Parmesan
from them on a weekly basis.

Ben
 
D

Donald Munro

Guest
[email protected] wrote:
> It's true! Just last night, I was cooking up some spaghetti bolognese,
> and suddenly there was a knock on my door. There stood three large men in
> tight buttoned up suits, who told me if I valued my sauce, I was going to
> have to buy Parmesan from them on a weekly basis.


Consider yourself lucky it wasn't the French mafia or you'd have had to
buy andouillette on a weekly basis.
 
R

RicodJour

Guest
On Jun 18, 7:46 pm, Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> He's never early, he's always late
> First thing you learn is you always gotta wait


I wonder if he was wearing PR shoes and a big straw hat?

R
 
D

Donald Munro

Guest
Howard Kveck wrote:
>>
>> He's never early, he's always late
>> First thing you learn is you always gotta wait


RicodJour wrote:
> I wonder if he was wearing PR shoes and a big straw hat?


Seems like you know Velvet Underground better than the Beatles. I bet
cocaine inflation matches tubular tyre inflation if the going rate was
$26.
 
R

RicodJour

Guest
On Jun 19, 1:57 pm, Donald Munro <[email protected]> wrote:
> Howard Kveck wrote:
>
> >> He's never early, he's always late
> >> First thing you learn is you always gotta wait

> RicodJour wrote:
> > I wonder if he was wearing PR shoes and a big straw hat?

>
> Seems like you know Velvet Underground better than the Beatles. I bet
> cocaine inflation matches tubular tyre inflation if the going rate was
> $26.


The Velvet Underground was a better band than the Beatles.

R
 
H

Howard Kveck

Guest
In article <[email protected]m>,
RicodJour <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Jun 19, 1:57 pm, Donald Munro <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Howard Kveck wrote:
> >
> > >> He's never early, he's always late
> > >> First thing you learn is you always gotta wait

> > RicodJour wrote:
> > > I wonder if he was wearing PR shoes and a big straw hat?

> >
> > Seems like you know Velvet Underground better than the Beatles. I bet
> > cocaine inflation matches tubular tyre inflation if the going rate was
> > $26.

>
> The Velvet Underground was a better band than the Beatles.


They were a different kind of band than the Beatles and whether they were better
or not is hard to ascertain. I do think that Ringo is a better drummer than Mo Tucker
but what they played was just about perfect for their respective band.

--
tanx,
Howard

The bloody pubs are bloody dull
The bloody clubs are bloody full
Of bloody girls and bloody guys
With bloody murder in their eyes

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
 
S

steve

Guest
On 16-Jun-2008, The Czar <[email protected]> wrote:

> I did not catch the name of the cafe but I heard on the news that Sir
> Lance and Kate Hudson attempted to cut the line and grab a table at
> some joint in New York over the weekend. Seems the folks at the door
> told them that no tables were open and Lance uttered those famous
> words "do you know who I am?"


I was at the airport a decade ago when some govt big shot threw out that
line to the girl at the check in. Obviously annoyed with his attitude, she
turned on her mike and said:

"May I have your attention please. We need your assistence. This man here
has forgotten who he is. If anyone knows him, please come to the podium,
now."

It was beyond priceless.

steve
--
"History is a lie agreed upon." --Napoleon