Lance throws hissy fit

On Feb 6, 3:15 am, "aeiouy" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>
> >http://austinist.com/2008/02/04/lance_throws_hi.php

> > /d

> Ah but if you follow the links you find out he later apologized
>
> http://www.austin360.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/mo/ent...

What's really funny in there is the anti-Lance brigade piping up.

Soooo... which of the icons of success in life, to put a broad and
inclusive expression to the question, that the Lance-dislikers admire,
find wonderful, etc. etc., are fuzzy huggy teddy bears "in real life"?

I guess there must be a lot of them; like, a majority or something,
from the tone of some of the comments there. I need to get out more, I
just can't seem to come up with one.

You'd think some of these folks have never been mistreated by a flunky
doorman or something. --D-y

On Feb 6, 1:32 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Feb 6, 3:15 am, "aeiouy" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> >news:[email protected]...

> > >http://austinist.com/2008/02/04/lance_throws_hi.php

> > > /d

> > Ah but if you follow the links you find out he later apologized

> >http://www.austin360.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/mo/ent...

> What's really funny in there is the anti-Lance brigade piping up.
>
> Soooo... which of the icons of success in life, to put a broad and
> inclusive expression to the question, that the Lance-dislikers admire,
> find wonderful, etc. etc., are fuzzy huggy teddy bears "in real life"?

The dead ones? "Speak no ill of the departed", and that stuff?

> I guess there must be a lot of them; like, a majority or something,
> from the tone of some of the comments there. I need to get out more, I
> just can't seem to come up with one.
>
> You'd think some of these folks have never been mistreated by a flunky
> doorman or something.  --D-y

Hey maybe the doorman went to the "Mall Ninja" school of security
operations.
Bill C

On Feb 6, 12:40 pm, Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hey maybe the doorman went to the "Mall Ninja" school of security
> operations.

I heard they finally quit trying to have graduation ceremonies there.
But, they seem to enjoy a100% success rate at placing enrollees into
the work force. And that's what counts, right?

--D-y

On Feb 6, 3:26 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Feb 6, 12:40 pm, Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Hey maybe the doorman went to the "Mall Ninja" school of security
> > operations.

> I heard they finally quit trying to have graduation ceremonies there.
> But, they seem to enjoy a100% success rate at placing enrollees into
> the work force. And that's what counts, right?
>
> --D-y

If they all graduate it MUST mean the program is exemplary, and they
have the most amazing students.
I heard a comedy piece on XM the other day about "Who applies for
these jobs?!" The lead in it was about the folks at airport lost
luggage offices. Door/security at a club is in the same category IMO.
If you're doing that it means you're a REAL man, right?

That's one of those things that suck about being successful in
public. People target you, not always negatively, but for your time,
etc...I'm way too far off the other end, especially at races. I try
really hard not to bug people, even if they're friends because they
are trying to make things happen most of the time. Richie Sachs is a
perfect example, great guy, someone I really like, but we never
actually talk in person. He's always busy with the team, or his race,
while I'm usually running some errand, getting a kid ready, or
working, and we just NEVER seem to end up in the same spot when we've
both got a second to BS.
Bill C

Bill C wrote:
> On Feb 6, 1:32 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Feb 6, 3:15 am, "aeiouy" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...
>>> Ah but if you follow the links you find out he later apologized
>>> http://www.austin360.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/mo/ent...

>> What's really funny in there is the anti-Lance brigade piping up.
>>
>> Soooo... which of the icons of success in life, to put a broad and
>> inclusive expression to the question, that the Lance-dislikers admire,
>> find wonderful, etc. etc., are fuzzy huggy teddy bears "in real life"?

> The dead ones? "Speak no ill of the departed", and that stuff?

I was just going to say Heath Ledger, but you beat me to it.

On Feb 6, 1:40 pm, Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Feb 6, 1:32 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > On Feb 6, 3:15 am, "aeiouy" <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > >news:[email protected]...

> > > Ah but if you follow the links you find out he later apologized

> > >http://www.austin360.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/mo/ent...

> > What's really funny in there is the anti-Lance brigade piping up.

> > Soooo... which of the icons of success in life, to put a broad and
> > inclusive expression to the question, that the Lance-dislikers admire,
> > find wonderful, etc. etc., are fuzzy huggy teddy bears "in real life"?

> The dead ones? "Speak no ill of the departed", and that stuff?
>

> > I guess there must be a lot of them; like, a majority or something,
> > from the tone of some of the comments there. I need to get out more, I
> > just can't seem to come up with one.

> > You'd think some of these folks have never been mistreated by a flunky
> > doorman or something. --D-y

> Hey maybe the doorman went to the "Mall Ninja" school of security
> operations.
> Bill C

dumbass,

we've all been out somewhere when some striped shirt gets cut-off or
stopped from doing something he's not supposed to be doing and pulls
some "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM ?" ****.

unless that person is rick james they will inevitably look like a
douche.

On Feb 6, 4:53 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> On Feb 6, 1:40 pm, Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > What's really funny in there is the anti-Lance brigade piping up.

> > > Soooo... which of the icons of success in life, to put a broad and
> > > inclusive expression to the question, that the Lance-dislikers admire,
> > > find wonderful, etc. etc., are fuzzy huggy teddy bears "in real life"?

> >  The dead ones? "Speak no ill of the departed", and that stuff?

> > > I guess there must be a lot of them; like, a majority or something,
> > > from the tone of some of the comments there. I need to get out more, I
> > > just can't seem to come up with one.

> > > You'd think some of these folks have never been mistreated by a flunky
> > > doorman or something.  --D-y

> > Hey maybe the doorman went to the "Mall Ninja" school of security
> > operations.
> >  Bill C

> dumbass,
>
> we've all been out somewhere when some striped shirt gets cut-off or
> stopped from doing something he's not supposed to be doing and pulls
> some "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM ?" ****.
>
> unless that person is rick james they will inevitably look like a
> douche.- Hide quoted text -

Yep, that's gotta be the lamest line out there. Works both ways.
Bill C

On Feb 6, 2:09 pm, Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Feb 6, 3:26 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > On Feb 6, 12:40 pm, Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > Hey maybe the doorman went to the "Mall Ninja" school of security
> > > operations.

> > I heard they finally quit trying to have graduation ceremonies there.
> > But, they seem to enjoy a100% success rate at placing enrollees into
> > the work force. And that's what counts, right?

> > --D-y

> If they all graduate it MUST mean the program is exemplary, and they
> have the most amazing students.
> I heard a comedy piece on XM the other day about "Who applies for
> these jobs?!" The lead in it was about the folks at airport lost
> luggage offices. Door/security at a club is in the same category IMO.
> If you're doing that it means you're a REAL man, right?

Dude,

I wasn't there, but the bouncer was doing his job.
You can't let people, even bigshots, carry drinks
out of a bar - good way to get the liquor license
suspended. Yeah, Americans treat liquor like it
was nitroglycerin - part of our Puritan heritage -
but that is the law.

LANCE acted like a jerk. Then he sobered up, acted
like a man, and apologized. That's all. Everybody's
done something dumb while drunk, so it isn't proof
that LANCE is evil, but don't blame the working stiff
at the door.

Ben

On Feb 6, 5:32 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> On Feb 6, 2:09 pm, Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > I heard they finally quit trying to have graduation ceremonies there.
> > > But, they seem to enjoy a100% success rate at placing enrollees into
> > > the work force. And that's what counts, right?

> > > --D-y

> > If they all graduate it MUST mean the program is exemplary, and they
> > have the most amazing students.
> >  I heard a comedy piece on XM the other day about "Who applies for
> > these jobs?!" The lead in it was about the folks at airport lost
> > luggage offices. Door/security at a club is in the same category IMO.
> >  If you're doing that it means you're a REAL man, right?

> Dude,
>
> I wasn't there, but the bouncer was doing his job.
> You can't let people, even bigshots, carry drinks
> out of a bar - good way to get the liquor license
> suspended.  Yeah, Americans treat liquor like it
> was nitroglycerin - part of our Puritan heritage -
> but that is the law.
>
> LANCE acted like a jerk.  Then he sobered up, acted
> like a man, and apologized.  That's all.  Everybody's
> done something dumb while drunk, so it isn't proof
> that LANCE is evil, but don't blame the working stiff
> at the door.
>
> Ben- Hide quoted text -

Ben did you read the piece with lance's apology? I'm willing to
believe, based on numerous episodes, that the bouncer was overly
agressive, and not polite.
If you're smart in those situations, to avoid lawsuits too, you start
out with something along the lines of "Sir, excuse me sir. I'm really
sorry but the law says we can't let anyone take drinks outside."
Noone seems to have heard the beginning of this, but I'm gonna give
Lance the benefit of the doubt.
I've both removed/dealt with folks, and been the one removed. It's
ALWAYS better to de-escalate the situation as much as possible, even
if it only buys you time to get help/cops/witnesses to CYA you and the
club, from both sides.
Lots of places use goons in this with little to no training. Bad
mistake. That's why off-duty/retired cops can always get these type of
gigs. They provide some legal cover for the clubs based on their
training, skills, and supposed credibility.
None of us knows what happened, and Lance has been said to be an
asshole occasionally, but I'm giving him the be nefit of the doubt
here.
Bill C

> LANCE acted like a jerk. Then he sobered up, acted
> like a man, and apologized. That's all. Everybody's
> done something dumb while drunk, so it isn't proof
> that LANCE is evil, but don't blame the working stiff
> at the door.

How much are you really apologizing when you say, "Two wrongs don't make a
right"?

BTW, I had to laugh at the reply asking if the bouncher was French.

In article <[email protected]>,
Donald Munro <[email protected]> wrote:

> Dave wrote:
> > http://austinist.com/2008/02/04/lance_throws_hi.php

> LIVEDRUNK would probably be interested in knowing what kind
> of drink he was trying to abscond with.

The follow-up suggests that it was probably beer:

<http://www.austin360.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/mo/entrie
s/2008/02/04/lance_armstrong_loses_his_cool.html>

"He was so aggressive without any warning. Believe me, man, if somebody
says, 'You can not take these beers out of here,' I’ll just throw them
away or go back inside."

That must be some pretty good beer.

> This article should probably be cross posted to the
> chess groups.

Let's not get all stupid here. Besides, we save the chess-cycling
crossposts for when we're flaming Tim Krabbe for being such a fattie
master racer (Dutch subcategory).

<<<<< What's really funny in there is the anti-Lance brigade piping up.

I bet Paolo Bettini gets respect whenever he returns to
Bibbona.

Remember the t.v. commercial Specialized ran on
Versus for the TdF coverage last year?

It had Paolo in his World Champs jersey setting
off on a morning training ride and getting a warm
smile from an old lady looking out of her window
and from the kids in the street.

I bet no one in Bibbona questions Il Grillo when he steps outside
with a chilled glass of Amarone della Valpolicella Classico Mazano.

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> The follow-up suggests that it was probably beer:
> That must be some pretty good beer.

I trust LIVEDRUNK will be making some party contributions
during the US elections:

http://www.prohibition.org/

In article <[email protected]>,
Donald Munro <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> > The follow-up suggests that it was probably beer:
> > That must be some pretty good beer.

> I trust LIVEDRUNK will be making some party contributions
> during the US elections:
>
> http://www.prohibition.org/

As a foreign national, I have no ability to contribute to US politicians
without making them look bad or something. I think it counts as a bribe
if I do it.

But LIVEDRUNK would like to heartily endorse not voting for the
Prohibition Party, since America currently has much lower excise taxes
on liquor than Canada, making it a convenient source of cheap liquor.

Minimum price of a bottle of wine at the provincial (!) liquor store in
my jurisdiction is about $8. LIVEDRUNK is ******, and not the good kind.