Lance Training Aid

John Everett

Guest
Check out the picture of Lance at the Volta ao Algarve on the Velonews
web site. It's at:
http://www.velonews.com/race/int/articles/5598.0.html

Too get a full view you have to click on the picture of Lance in yellow. (It's a javascript, so I
couldn't give a direct url.)

Once there check out the cranks and rings. They're definitely not Shimano 7800, and what's with that
disk mounted to the small chainring?

I've been googling with combinations of "power" "monitor" "bicycle" chainring", etc., and haven't
found anything that resembles Lance's setup.

Can anyone identify the equipment and confirm that it's some sort of training aid?

John Everett wrote:
> Once there check out the cranks and rings. They're definitely not Shimano 7800, and what's with
> that disk mounted to the small chainring?

http://www.srm.de

John-<< Once there check out the cranks and rings. They're definitely not Shimano 7800, and what's
with that disk mounted to the small chainring? >><BR><BR>

maybe he broke the 7800 one??

;-l)...

SRM, measures power out in watts..

Yes, it is a power measuring device. Look at the red gauge on his handlebars.

AB

"John Everett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Check out the picture of Lance at the Volta ao Algarve on the Velonews web site. It's at:
> http://www.velonews.com/race/int/articles/5598.0.html
>
> Too get a full view you have to click on the picture of Lance in yellow. (It's a javascript, so I
> couldn't give a direct url.)
>
> Once there check out the cranks and rings. They're definitely not Shimano 7800, and what's with
> that disk mounted to the small chainring?
>
> I've been googling with combinations of "power" "monitor" "bicycle" chainring", etc., and haven't
> found anything that resembles Lance's setup.
>
> Can anyone identify the equipment and confirm that it's some sort of training aid?
>

> jeverett3<AT>earthlink<DOT>net http://home.earthlink.net/~jeverett3

---
This e-mail is certified to be Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system
(http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.593 / Virus Database: 376 - Release Date: 2/20/2004

Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

On 02/23/2004 07:30 AM, in article
[email protected], "John Everett"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Can anyone identify the equipment and confirm that it's some sort of training aid?

SRM

dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash