Lance will loose number 5

Status

Dan

Guest
On his website: "I've just finished some testing here in Spain and it appears my fitness, weight,
and body fat are about a month ahead of last year. Not that it really matters..."

Last year he was stronger then ever in the months leading up to the tour.

Last year's tour was pathetic, he had to sprint for bonus seconds on the top of one of
those finishes.

This year, maybe he should cut his losses and win the Giro. That way, when he looses the tour, he
can blame it on the Giro.

It's a troll, but what the heck....

Dan wrote:
> On his website: "I've just finished some testing here in Spain and it appears my fitness, weight,
> and body fat are about a month ahead of last year. Not that it really matters..."
>
> Last year he was stronger then ever in the months leading up to the tour.
>
> Last year's tour was pathetic, he had to sprint for bonus seconds

2002 was a squeaker. What if he'd flatted and had to patch the tube? He'd have lost most
of his lead.

2002 :http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2002/tour02/?id=results/stage20#res Final general
classification

1 Lance Armstrong (USA) US Postal Service 82.05.12 (39.88 km/h) 2 Joseba Beloki (Spa) ONCE-Eroski
7.17 3 Raimondas Rumsas (Ltu) Lampre Daikin 8.17 4 Santiago Botero (Col) Kelme-Costa Blanca 13.10 5
Igor Gonzalez de Galdeano (Spa) ONCE-Eroski 13.54

2003:http://www.cyclingnews.com/results/2001/tour01/results/results_stage_20.shtml 1 Lance Armstrong
(USA) US Postal Service 86.17.28 (40.07 km/h) 2 Jan Ullrich (Ger) Telekom 6.44 3 Joseba Beloki
(Spa) ONCE-Eroski 9.05 4 Andrei Kivilev (Kaz) Cofidis 9.53 5 Igor Gonzalez De Galdeano (Spa)
ONCE-Eroski 13.28

2004 :http://www.cyclingnews.com/results/2000/jul00/tdfrance00/stages/tdflivecomp21.shtml 1 Lance
Armstrong (USA) US Postal Service 2 Jan Ullrich (Ger) Team Deutsche Telekom 6.02 3 Joseba
Beloki (Spa) Festina 10.04 4 Christophe Moreau (Fra) Festina 10.34 5 Roberto Heras (Spa)
Kelme-Costa Blanca 11.50

2005:http://www.cyclingnews.com/results/1999/tour99/stage20.html
2006. Lance Armstrong (USA) US Postal 91.32.16
2007. Alex Zülle (Swi) Banesto 7.37
2008. Fernando Escartin (Spa) Kelme-Costa Blanca 10.26
2009. Laurent Dufaux (Swi) Saeco-Cannondale 14.43
2010. Angel Casero (Spa) Vitalicio Seguros 15.11

People, please! Learn the difference between "lose" and "loose" - I can't stand it any more!!!

Andy Coggan

"Dan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On his website: "I've just finished some testing here in Spain and it appears my fitness, weight,
> and body fat are about a month ahead of last year. Not that it really matters..."
>
> Last year he was stronger then ever in the months leading up to the tour.
>
> Last year's tour was pathetic, he had to sprint for bonus seconds on the top of one of those
> finishes.
>
> This year, maybe he should cut his losses and win the Giro. That way, when he looses the tour, he
> can blame it on the Giro.

"Dan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On his website: "I've just finished some testing here in Spain and it appears my fitness, weight,
> and body fat are about a month ahead of last year. Not that it really matters..."
>
> Last year he was stronger then ever in the months leading up to the tour.
>
> Last year's tour was pathetic, he had to sprint for bonus seconds on the top of one of those
> finishes.
>
> This year, maybe he should cut his losses and win the Giro. That way, when he looses the tour, he
> can blame it on the Giro.

Sounds like bike racing, and its Grand Tours is something new you just discovered Masauskas.

-Ken

Andy Coggan wrote:

> People, please! Learn the difference between "lose" and "loose" - I can't stand it any more!!!

I mess that one up all the time.

news:<k%[email protected]>...
> People, please! Learn the difference between "lose" and "loose" - I can't stand it any more!!!
>
> Andy Coggan

oops.

Just to make my "prediction" clear, Lance will not win his 5th tour.

In article <k%49a.2428$gF3.2572[email protected]>, "Andy Coggan"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> People, please! Learn the difference between "lose" and "loose" - I can't stand it any more!!!
>
> Andy Coggan

LOL, me too- I hate sounding like a prissy english teacher, but it drives me nuts too. Same with
it's and its, and potato not potatoe.. and I could go on and on. Typos are something else though,
this is not a perfect world!

Dan wrote:

> "Andy Coggan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<k%[email protected]>...
> > People, please! Learn the difference between "lose" and "loose" - I can't stand it any more!!!
> >
> > Andy Coggan
>
> oops.
>
> Just to make my "prediction" clear, Lance will not win his 5th tour.

He already won the 5th tour he entered.

In article <[email protected]>, Marlene Blanshay <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <k%49a.2428$gF3.2572[email protected]>, "Andy Coggan"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > People, please! Learn the difference between "lose" and "loose" - I can't stand it any more!!!
> >
> > Andy Coggan
>
> LOL, me too- I hate sounding like a prissy english teacher, but it drives me nuts too. Same with
> it's and its, and potato not potatoe.. and I could go on and on. Typos are something else though,
> this is not a perfect world!

Or when people use a "-" instead of a "." Or two ".." instead of three "..." Or a ","
instead of a "-".

Makes me laugh-to funny!

-WG

"Dan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Andy Coggan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<k%[email protected]>...
> > People, please! Learn the difference between "lose" and "loose" - I
can't
> > stand it any more!!!
> >
> > Andy Coggan
>
> oops.
>
> Just to make my "prediction" clear, Lance will not win his 5th tour.

So your "prediction" isn't really a prediction?

(I can't stand the excessive use of quotation marks, either - especially since I have a tendency to
overuse them myself.)

Andy Coggan

"warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:040320031613022166%[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Marlene Blanshay <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > In article <k%[email protected]>,
"Andy
> > Coggan" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > People, please! Learn the difference between "lose" and "loose" - I
can't
> > > stand it any more!!!
> > >
> > > Andy Coggan
> >
> > LOL, me too- I hate sounding like a prissy english teacher, but it
drives
> > me nuts too. Same with it's and its, and potato not potatoe.. and I
could
> > go on and on. Typos are something else though, this is not a perfect world!
>
> Or when people use a "-" instead of a "." Or two ".." instead of three "..." Or a "," instead
> of a "-".
>
> Makes me laugh-to funny!

Or "to" instead of "too"..... Warren!!!!!!
> -WG

"warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:040320031613022166%[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Marlene Blanshay <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > In article <k%[email protected]>,
"Andy
> > Coggan" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > People, please! Learn the difference between "lose" and "loose" - I
can't
> > > stand it any more!!!
> > >
> > > Andy Coggan
> >
> > LOL, me too- I hate sounding like a prissy english teacher, but it
drives
> > me nuts too. Same with it's and its, and potato not potatoe.. and I
could
> > go on and on. Typos are something else though, this is not a perfect world!
>
> Or when people use a "-" instead of a "." Or two ".." instead of three "..." Or a "," instead
> of a "-".
>
> Makes me laugh-to funny!

You did that on porpoise.

Andy Coggan

In article <Gkc9a.2[email protected]>, Andy Coggan
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:040320031613022166%[email protected]...
> > In article <[email protected]>, Marlene Blanshay <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > In article <k%[email protected]>,

> can't

> > > LOL, me too- I hate sounding like a prissy english teacher, but it
> drives
> > > me nuts too. Same with it's and its, and potato not potatoe.. and I
> could
> > > go on and on. Typos are something else though, this is not a perfect world!
> >
> > Or when people use a "-" instead of a "." Or two ".." instead of three "..." Or a "," instead of
> > a "-".
> >
> > Makes me laugh-to funny!
>
> You did that on porpoise.
>
> Andy Coggan

Yes, and I'm gratified that at least two people noticed the incorrect use of the two to too's.

-WG

[email protected] (Dan) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> On his website: "I've just finished some testing here in Spain and it appears my fitness, weight,
> and body fat are about a month ahead of last year. Not that it really matters..."
>
> Last year he was stronger then ever in the months leading up to the tour.
>
> Last year's tour was pathetic, he had to sprint for bonus seconds on the top of one of those
> finishes.
>
> This year, maybe he should cut his losses and win the Giro. That way, when he looses the tour, he
> can blame it on the Giro.

Lance in all probability will win his 5th tdf. Lances marriage does introduce a new unstable
element into his life. While Lance's martial problems will probably not affect his riding it is
impossible to tell.

The other factor is how riders like Beloki or Igor Gonzalez will do.

Lances real challenge will be attempting a 6th tdf.

All you people with yer grammer and speling issues. Where'd y'all git educated at?

In article <[email protected]>, psycholist <[email protected]> wrote:

> All you people with yer grammer and speling issues. Where'd y'all git educated at?

..Out back of Old Man Clancy's Barn for too hole years-

-WG

> "warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:040320031759081361%[email protected]...
> > In article <Gkc9a.2[email protected]>, Andy Coggan
> > <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > "Andy

> > > can't

> > > drives
> > > could

> > > You did that on porpoise.
> > >
> > > Andy Coggan
> >
> > Yes, and I'm gratified that at least two people noticed the incorrect use of the two to too's.
> >
> > -WG

Andy Coggan <[email protected]> wrote:
: "warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:040320031613022166%[email protected]...
:> In article <[email protected]>, Marlene Blanshay <[email protected]> wrote:
:>
:> > In article <k%[email protected]>,
: "Andy
:> > Coggan" <[email protected]> wrote:
:> >
:> > > People, please! Learn the difference between "lose" and "loose" - I
: can't
:> > > stand it any more!!!
:> > >
:> > > Andy Coggan
:> >
:> > LOL, me too- I hate sounding like a prissy english teacher, but it
: drives
:> > me nuts too. Same with it's and its, and potato not potatoe.. and I
: could
:> > go on and on. Typos are something else though, this is not a perfect world!
:>
:> Or when people use a "-" instead of a "." Or two ".." instead of three "..." Or a "," instead
:> of a "-".
:>
:> Makes me laugh-to funny!

: You did that on porpoise.

Not nececelery!

Lynzz

On 4 Mar 2003 19:02:49 -0800, [email protected] (Heinz Getzler) wrote:

>[email protected] (Dan) wrote in message
>news:<[email protected]>...
>> On his website: "I've just finished some testing here in Spain and it appears my fitness, weight,
>> and body fat are about a month ahead of last year. Not that it really matters..."
>>
>> Last year he was stronger then ever in the months leading up to the tour.
>>
>> Last year's tour was pathetic, he had to sprint for bonus seconds on the top of one of those
>> finishes.
>>
>> This year, maybe he should cut his losses and win the Giro. That way, when he looses the tour, he
>> can blame it on the Giro.
>
>Lance in all probability will win his 5th tdf. Lances marriage does introduce a new unstable
>element into his life. While Lance's martial problems will probably not affect his riding it is
>impossible to tell.
>
>The other factor is how riders like Beloki or Igor Gonzalez will do.
>
>Lances real challenge will be attempting a 6th tdf.

And how do you know this?

Sparhawk

Andy Coggan wrote :
> People, please! Learn the difference between "lose" and "loose" - I can't stand it any more!!!

I was beginning to think it was some new American modification to/mutilation of the
English language.

Status
Not open for further replies.