Lance will loose number 5

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Dan, Mar 4, 2003.

  1. Dan

    Dan Guest

    On his website: "I've just finished some testing here in Spain and it appears my fitness, weight,
    and body fat are about a month ahead of last year. Not that it really matters..."

    Last year he was stronger then ever in the months leading up to the tour.

    Last year's tour was pathetic, he had to sprint for bonus seconds on the top of one of
    those finishes.

    This year, maybe he should cut his losses and win the Giro. That way, when he looses the tour, he
    can blame it on the Giro.

    Tags:

  2. It's a troll, but what the heck....

    Dan wrote:
    > On his website: "I've just finished some testing here in Spain and it appears my fitness, weight,
    > and body fat are about a month ahead of last year. Not that it really matters..."
    >
    > Last year he was stronger then ever in the months leading up to the tour.
    >
    > Last year's tour was pathetic, he had to sprint for bonus seconds

    2002 was a squeaker. What if he'd flatted and had to patch the tube? He'd have lost most
    of his lead.

    2002 :http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2002/tour02/?id=results/stage20#res Final general
    classification

    1 Lance Armstrong (USA) US Postal Service 82.05.12 (39.88 km/h) 2 Joseba Beloki (Spa) ONCE-Eroski
    7.17 3 Raimondas Rumsas (Ltu) Lampre Daikin 8.17 4 Santiago Botero (Col) Kelme-Costa Blanca 13.10 5
    Igor Gonzalez de Galdeano (Spa) ONCE-Eroski 13.54

    2003:http://www.cyclingnews.com/results/2001/tour01/results/results_stage_20.shtml 1 Lance Armstrong
    (USA) US Postal Service 86.17.28 (40.07 km/h) 2 Jan Ullrich (Ger) Telekom 6.44 3 Joseba Beloki
    (Spa) ONCE-Eroski 9.05 4 Andrei Kivilev (Kaz) Cofidis 9.53 5 Igor Gonzalez De Galdeano (Spa)
    ONCE-Eroski 13.28

    2004 :http://www.cyclingnews.com/results/2000/jul00/tdfrance00/stages/tdflivecomp21.shtml 1 Lance
    Armstrong (USA) US Postal Service 2 Jan Ullrich (Ger) Team Deutsche Telekom 6.02 3 Joseba
    Beloki (Spa) Festina 10.04 4 Christophe Moreau (Fra) Festina 10.34 5 Roberto Heras (Spa)
    Kelme-Costa Blanca 11.50

    2005:http://www.cyclingnews.com/results/1999/tour99/stage20.html
    2006. Lance Armstrong (USA) US Postal 91.32.16
    2007. Alex Z├╝lle (Swi) Banesto 7.37
    2008. Fernando Escartin (Spa) Kelme-Costa Blanca 10.26
    2009. Laurent Dufaux (Swi) Saeco-Cannondale 14.43
    2010. Angel Casero (Spa) Vitalicio Seguros 15.11

  3. Andy Coggan

    Andy Coggan Guest

    People, please! Learn the difference between "lose" and "loose" - I can't stand it any more!!!

    Andy Coggan

    "Dan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On his website: "I've just finished some testing here in Spain and it appears my fitness, weight,
    > and body fat are about a month ahead of last year. Not that it really matters..."
    >
    > Last year he was stronger then ever in the months leading up to the tour.
    >
    > Last year's tour was pathetic, he had to sprint for bonus seconds on the top of one of those
    > finishes.
    >
    > This year, maybe he should cut his losses and win the Giro. That way, when he looses the tour, he
    > can blame it on the Giro.

  4. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    "Dan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On his website: "I've just finished some testing here in Spain and it appears my fitness, weight,
    > and body fat are about a month ahead of last year. Not that it really matters..."
    >
    > Last year he was stronger then ever in the months leading up to the tour.
    >
    > Last year's tour was pathetic, he had to sprint for bonus seconds on the top of one of those
    > finishes.
    >
    > This year, maybe he should cut his losses and win the Giro. That way, when he looses the tour, he
    > can blame it on the Giro.

    Sounds like bike racing, and its Grand Tours is something new you just discovered Masauskas.

    -Ken

  5. Andy Coggan wrote:

    > People, please! Learn the difference between "lose" and "loose" - I can't stand it any more!!!

    I mess that one up all the time.

  6. Dan

    Dan Guest

    news:<k%[email protected]>...
    > People, please! Learn the difference between "lose" and "loose" - I can't stand it any more!!!
    >
    > Andy Coggan

    oops.

    Just to make my "prediction" clear, Lance will not win his 5th tour.

  7. Warren

    Warren Guest

    In article <k%[email protected]>, Andy Coggan
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > People, please! Learn the difference between "lose" and "loose" - I can't stand it any more!!!

    I think Andy is loosing his mind.

    -WG

  8. In article <k%[email protected]>, "Andy Coggan"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > People, please! Learn the difference between "lose" and "loose" - I can't stand it any more!!!
    >
    > Andy Coggan

    LOL, me too- I hate sounding like a prissy english teacher, but it drives me nuts too. Same with
    it's and its, and potato not potatoe.. and I could go on and on. Typos are something else though,
    this is not a perfect world!

  9. Dan wrote:

    > "Andy Coggan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<k%[email protected]>...
    > > People, please! Learn the difference between "lose" and "loose" - I can't stand it any more!!!
    > >
    > > Andy Coggan
    >
    > oops.
    >
    > Just to make my "prediction" clear, Lance will not win his 5th tour.

    He already won the 5th tour he entered.

  10. Warren

    Warren Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Marlene Blanshay <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In article <k%[email protected]>, "Andy Coggan"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > People, please! Learn the difference between "lose" and "loose" - I can't stand it any more!!!
    > >
    > > Andy Coggan
    >
    > LOL, me too- I hate sounding like a prissy english teacher, but it drives me nuts too. Same with
    > it's and its, and potato not potatoe.. and I could go on and on. Typos are something else though,
    > this is not a perfect world!

    Or when people use a "-" instead of a "." Or two ".." instead of three "..." Or a ","
    instead of a "-".

    Makes me laugh-to funny!

    -WG

  11. Andy Coggan

    Andy Coggan Guest

    "Dan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Andy Coggan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<k%[email protected]>...
    > > People, please! Learn the difference between "lose" and "loose" - I
    can't
    > > stand it any more!!!
    > >
    > > Andy Coggan
    >
    > oops.
    >
    > Just to make my "prediction" clear, Lance will not win his 5th tour.

    So your "prediction" isn't really a prediction?

    (I can't stand the excessive use of quotation marks, either - especially since I have a tendency to
    overuse them myself.)

    Andy Coggan

  12. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    "warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:040320031613022166%[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>, Marlene Blanshay <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > In article <k%[email protected]>,
    "Andy
    > > Coggan" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > > People, please! Learn the difference between "lose" and "loose" - I
    can't
    > > > stand it any more!!!
    > > >
    > > > Andy Coggan
    > >
    > > LOL, me too- I hate sounding like a prissy english teacher, but it
    drives
    > > me nuts too. Same with it's and its, and potato not potatoe.. and I
    could
    > > go on and on. Typos are something else though, this is not a perfect world!
    >
    > Or when people use a "-" instead of a "." Or two ".." instead of three "..." Or a "," instead
    > of a "-".
    >
    > Makes me laugh-to funny!

    Or "to" instead of "too"..... Warren!!!!!!
    > -WG

  13. Andy Coggan

    Andy Coggan Guest

    "warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:040320031613022166%[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>, Marlene Blanshay <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > In article <k%[email protected]>,
    "Andy
    > > Coggan" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > > People, please! Learn the difference between "lose" and "loose" - I
    can't
    > > > stand it any more!!!
    > > >
    > > > Andy Coggan
    > >
    > > LOL, me too- I hate sounding like a prissy english teacher, but it
    drives
    > > me nuts too. Same with it's and its, and potato not potatoe.. and I
    could
    > > go on and on. Typos are something else though, this is not a perfect world!
    >
    > Or when people use a "-" instead of a "." Or two ".." instead of three "..." Or a "," instead
    > of a "-".
    >
    > Makes me laugh-to funny!

    You did that on porpoise.

    Andy Coggan

  14. Warren

    Warren Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Andy Coggan
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:040320031613022166%[email protected]...
    > > In article <[email protected]>, Marlene Blanshay <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > > In article <k%[email protected]>,

    > can't

    > > > LOL, me too- I hate sounding like a prissy english teacher, but it
    > drives
    > > > me nuts too. Same with it's and its, and potato not potatoe.. and I
    > could
    > > > go on and on. Typos are something else though, this is not a perfect world!
    > >
    > > Or when people use a "-" instead of a "." Or two ".." instead of three "..." Or a "," instead of
    > > a "-".
    > >
    > > Makes me laugh-to funny!
    >
    > You did that on porpoise.
    >
    > Andy Coggan

    Yes, and I'm gratified that at least two people noticed the incorrect use of the two to too's.

    -WG

  15. [email protected] (Dan) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > On his website: "I've just finished some testing here in Spain and it appears my fitness, weight,
    > and body fat are about a month ahead of last year. Not that it really matters..."
    >
    > Last year he was stronger then ever in the months leading up to the tour.
    >
    > Last year's tour was pathetic, he had to sprint for bonus seconds on the top of one of those
    > finishes.
    >
    > This year, maybe he should cut his losses and win the Giro. That way, when he looses the tour, he
    > can blame it on the Giro.

    Lance in all probability will win his 5th tdf. Lances marriage does introduce a new unstable
    element into his life. While Lance's martial problems will probably not affect his riding it is
    impossible to tell.

    The other factor is how riders like Beloki or Igor Gonzalez will do.

    Lances real challenge will be attempting a 6th tdf.

  16. Psycholist

    Psycholist Guest

    All you people with yer grammer and speling issues. Where'd y'all git educated at?

    Bob C. "warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:040320031759081361%[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>, Andy Coggan
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > "warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:040320031613022166%[email protected]...

    > > "Andy

    > > can't

    > > drives
    > > could
    > > >
    > > > Or when people use a "-" instead of a "." Or two ".." instead of three "..." Or a "," instead
    > > > of a "-".
    > > >
    > > > Makes me laugh-to funny!
    > >
    > > You did that on porpoise.
    > >
    > > Andy Coggan
    >
    > Yes, and I'm gratified that at least two people noticed the incorrect use of the two to too's.
    >
    > -WG

  17. Warren

    Warren Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, psycholist <[email protected]> wrote:

    > All you people with yer grammer and speling issues. Where'd y'all git educated at?

    ..Out back of Old Man Clancy's Barn for too hole years-

    -WG

  18. Andy Coggan <[email protected]> wrote:
    : "warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:040320031613022166%[email protected]...
    :> In article <[email protected]>, Marlene Blanshay <[email protected]> wrote:
    :>
    :> > In article <k%[email protected]>,
    : "Andy
    :> > Coggan" <[email protected]> wrote:
    :> >
    :> > > People, please! Learn the difference between "lose" and "loose" - I
    : can't
    :> > > stand it any more!!!
    :> > >
    :> > > Andy Coggan
    :> >
    :> > LOL, me too- I hate sounding like a prissy english teacher, but it
    : drives
    :> > me nuts too. Same with it's and its, and potato not potatoe.. and I
    : could
    :> > go on and on. Typos are something else though, this is not a perfect world!
    :>
    :> Or when people use a "-" instead of a "." Or two ".." instead of three "..." Or a "," instead
    :> of a "-".
    :>
    :> Makes me laugh-to funny!

    : You did that on porpoise.

    Not nececelery!

    Lynzz

  19. Sparhawk

    Sparhawk Guest

    On 4 Mar 2003 19:02:49 -0800, [email protected] (Heinz Getzler) wrote:

    >[email protected] (Dan) wrote in message
    >news:<[email protected]>...
    >> On his website: "I've just finished some testing here in Spain and it appears my fitness, weight,
    >> and body fat are about a month ahead of last year. Not that it really matters..."
    >>
    >> Last year he was stronger then ever in the months leading up to the tour.
    >>
    >> Last year's tour was pathetic, he had to sprint for bonus seconds on the top of one of those
    >> finishes.
    >>
    >> This year, maybe he should cut his losses and win the Giro. That way, when he looses the tour, he
    >> can blame it on the Giro.
    >
    >Lance in all probability will win his 5th tdf. Lances marriage does introduce a new unstable
    >element into his life. While Lance's martial problems will probably not affect his riding it is
    >impossible to tell.
    >
    >The other factor is how riders like Beloki or Igor Gonzalez will do.
    >
    >Lances real challenge will be attempting a 6th tdf.

    And how do you know this?

    Sparhawk

  20. Donald Munro

    Donald Munro Guest

    Andy Coggan wrote :
    > People, please! Learn the difference between "lose" and "loose" - I can't stand it any more!!!

    I was beginning to think it was some new American modification to/mutilation of the
    English language.