Lance will win the ITT

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Raptor, Jul 20, 2003.

  1. Raptor

    Raptor Guest

    Unless he really goes downhill between now and then. Severely dehydrated, he lost "only" 2 minutes.
    As dry as he was, he was very low on power. If he recovers properly, he should be faster than Jan.

  2. On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 18:04:20 -0600, Raptor <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Unless he really goes downhill between now and then. Severely dehydrated, he lost "only" 2 minutes.
    >As dry as he was, he was very low on power. If he recovers properly, he should be faster than Jan.

    And you really believe he was dehydrated? Seven Kilos in one hour? 10 percent of his body weight?
    Still beating anybody but Ullrich despite that? If he really was dehydrating, he'd not have lost
    only 4 seconds on each of the last kilometers but would have fallen off his bike and taken to the
    hospital. He was only playing mind games. This time, though, it's not Ullrich who falls into this
    trap, only the Armstrong crowd does.

  3. Corey Green

    Corey Green Guest

    "Gerrit Stolte" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 18:04:20 -0600, Raptor <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Unless he really goes downhill between now and then. Severely dehydrated, he lost "only" 2
    > >minutes. As dry as he was, he was very low on power. If he recovers properly, he should be faster
    > >than Jan.
    >
    > And you really believe he was dehydrated? Seven Kilos in one hour? 10 percent of his body weight?
    > Still beating anybody but Ullrich despite that? If he really was dehydrating, he'd not have lost
    > only 4 seconds on each of the last kilometers but would have fallen off his bike and taken to the
    > hospital. He was only playing mind games. This time, though, it's not Ullrich who falls into this
    > trap, only the Armstrong crowd does.

    Lance certainly isn't himself, but with him winning the Dauphine before the Tour, I think everyone
    expected him to ride better. Whether it was dehydration or not, only Lance knows.

    The "Armstrong Crowd" knows they have not seen the real Lance Armstrong yet - or at least a Lance
    similar to the last four years, or even the Dauphine of a few weeks ago.

    The Ullrich crowd knows that he has showed up strong and still does not have the yellow jersey.

  4. "Corey the Courier" wrote in message

    > The "Armstrong Crowd" knows they have not seen the real Lance Armstrong yet - or at least a Lance
    > similar to the last four years, or even the Dauphine of a few weeks ago.

    When is the 'real Lance Armstrong' scheduled to appear?

    Carl Doesn't like to watch imposters

  5. Corey Green

    Corey Green Guest

    > "Corey the Courier" wrote in message
    > >
    > > The "Armstrong Crowd" knows they have not seen the real Lance Armstrong yet - or at least a
    > > Lance similar to the last four years, or even the Dauphine of a few weeks ago.
    > >

    > When is the 'real Lance Armstrong' scheduled to appear?
    >
    > Carl Doesn't like to watch imposters

    They didn't give me the secret decoder ring to figure that out. If he doesn't show up soon, he will
    piss the race away, huh...

  6. Darren S.

    Darren S. Guest

    > "Corey the Courier" wrote in message
    > >
    > > The "Armstrong Crowd" knows they have not seen the real Lance Armstrong yet - or at least a
    > > Lance similar to the last four years, or even the Dauphine of a few weeks ago.
    > >

    > When is the 'real Lance Armstrong' scheduled to appear?

    At this rate probably the '04 Dauphine.

    Darren

    > Carl Doesn't like to watch imposters

    ---

  7. Brian P

    Brian P Guest

    You dumbasses crack me up. All of these clever quips. LA still has the yellow and seems to be riding
    a very strategicly sound race. JU said he would attact today and win the jersey. Another day goes
    by, no change. I think I'll take LA when he is "not himself" any day. He has withstood a daily
    barrage of attacks and is still in the yellow. I dont think it will change anytime soon.

    "Darren S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Corey the Courier" wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > The "Armstrong Crowd" knows they have not seen the real Lance
    Armstrong
    > > > yet - or at least a Lance similar to the last four years, or even the Dauphine of a few weeks
    > > > ago.
    > > >

    > > When is the 'real Lance Armstrong' scheduled to appear?
    >
    > At this rate probably the '04 Dauphine.
    >
    > Darren
    >
    > > Carl Doesn't like to watch imposters
    > >

    > ---

  8. Raptor

    Raptor Guest

    Gerrit Stolte wrote:
    > On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 18:04:20 -0600, Raptor <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>Unless he really goes downhill between now and then. Severely dehydrated, he lost "only" 2
    >>minutes. As dry as he was, he was very low on power. If he recovers properly, he should be faster
    >>than Jan.
    >

    > And you really believe he was dehydrated? Seven Kilos in one hour? 10 percent of his body weight?
    > Still beating anybody but Ullrich despite that? If he really was dehydrating, he'd not have lost
    > only 4 seconds on each of the last kilometers but would have fallen off his bike and taken to the
    > hospital. He was only playing mind games. This time, though, it's not Ullrich who falls into this
    > trap, only the Armstrong crowd does.

    There is evidence to support the dehydration story. Lance had the dried spit around his mouth at the
    end of the TT, and the next day he looked absolutely awful. On the big climb, he looked about as bad
    as he did on chemotherapy, but recovered before the end of the stage.

  9. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Corey Green" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Corey the Courier" wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > The "Armstrong Crowd" knows they have not seen the real Lance Armstrong yet - or at least a
    > > > Lance similar to the last four years, or even the Dauphine of a few weeks ago.
    > > >

    > > When is the 'real Lance Armstrong' scheduled to appear?
    > >
    > > Carl Doesn't like to watch imposters
    > >
    > They didn't give me the secret decoder ring to figure that out. If he doesn't show up soon, he
    > will piss the race away, huh...

    It's like at the opera. They make the announcement right before the start of the race, so that
    nobody bails out of buying tickets because they wanted to see the billed star:

    ANNOUNCER (en Francais): "Due to Illness, Victor Hugo Pena will be appearing today in the role of
    USPS team leader and GC hopeful."

    CROWD: "Boooo!"

    Just like in opera, it's a tough crowd.

    Share & Enjoy,

  10. Keith

    Keith Guest

    >>Unless he really goes downhill between now and then. Severely dehydrated, he lost "only" 2
    >>minutes. As dry as he was, he was very low on power. If he recovers properly, he should be faster
    >>than Jan.
    >
    >And you really believe he was dehydrated? Seven Kilos in one hour? 10 percent of his body weight?

    Exactly, how anyone would take this at face value is beyond me...

    > Still beating anybody but Ullrich despite that? If he really was dehydrating, he'd not have lost
    > only 4 seconds on each of the last kilometers but would have fallen off his bike and taken to the
    > hospital. He was only playing mind games.

  11. Bruce

    Bruce Guest

    Who said he lost it all during the TT? He warmed up in the heat and lost some then without drinking
    enough. He started the TT dehydrated, and lost more during it.

    source (for those who desire) - a guess!!

    -Bruce

    "Gerrit Stolte" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 18:04:20 -0600, Raptor <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Unless he really goes downhill between now and then. Severely dehydrated, he lost "only" 2
    > >minutes. As dry as he was, he was very low on power. If he recovers properly, he should be faster
    > >than Jan.
    >
    > And you really believe he was dehydrated? Seven Kilos in one hour? 10 percent of his body weight?
    > Still beating anybody but Ullrich despite that? If he really was dehydrating, he'd not have lost
    > only 4 seconds on each of the last kilometers but would have fallen off his bike and taken to the
    > hospital. He was only playing mind games. This time, though, it's not Ullrich who falls into this
    > trap, only the Armstrong crowd does.

  12. Keith

    Keith Guest

    >JU said he would attact today and win the jersey. Another day goes by, no change. I think I'll take
    >LA when he is "not himself" any day. He has withstood a daily barrage of attacks and is still in
    >the yellow. I dont think it will change anytime soon.

    All his relative, how about in 4 hours time?

  13. Doesn't matter. If he lost 10 percent of his body weight in that short time, he'd be in a hospital.