Lances Chances

I hear he's the king of the hills, STS. What's the furthest he's been
down in any given stage during his incredible run to date? Is being 6
minutes down at this point a big deal really...to a cyclist such as
himself?

On 17 Jul 2005 20:59:10 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>I hear he's the king of the hills, STS. What's the furthest he's been
>down in any given stage during his incredible run to date? Is being 6
>minutes down at this point a big deal really...to a cyclist such as
>himself?

Hey, you're here just in time for a new contest we have going.

6 minutes down to people who are 30 minutes behind you on the overall
standings is not any kind of deal.

6 minutes down to someone who is only 3 minutes behind you on the
overall standings can be a big deal if they have the ability to defend
that time throught the rest of the stages.

David Ferguson wrote:
> On 17 Jul 2005 20:59:10 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
>
> >I hear he's the king of the hills, STS. What's the furthest he's been
> >down in any given stage during his incredible run to date? Is being 6
> >minutes down at this point a big deal really...to a cyclist such as
> >himself?

> Hey, you're here just in time for a new contest we have going.
>
> 6 minutes down to people who are 30 minutes behind you on the overall
> standings is not any kind of deal.
>
> 6 minutes down to someone who is only 3 minutes behind you on the
> overall standings can be a big deal if they have the ability to defend
> that time throught the rest of the stages.

I see, thanks. And the contest? Wouldn't be a "the idiots only come
to our little cycling NG during the Tour" type contest, would it? If
so, what did I win?

On 07/17/2005 09:59 PM, in article
[email protected], "[email protected]"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> I hear he's the king of the hills, STS. What's the furthest he's been
> down in any given stage during his incredible run to date? Is being 6
> minutes down at this point a big deal really...to a cyclist such as
> himself?

After stage 8 of the 2001 Tour, Lance was 35 minutes and 19 seconds behind
Stuart O'Grady.

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

Steven L. Sheffield wrote:
> On 07/17/2005 09:59 PM, in article
> [email protected], "[email protected]"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>I hear he's the king of the hills, STS. What's the furthest he's been
>>down in any given stage during his incredible run to date? Is being 6
>>minutes down at this point a big deal really...to a cyclist such as
>>himself?

> After stage 8 of the 2001 Tour, Lance was 35 minutes and 19 seconds behind
> Stuart O'Grady.

Dumbass,

Erik Dekker won that stage, not O'Grady.

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 14:22:43 -0700, sonarrat wrote:
>> After stage 8 of the 2001 Tour, Lance was 35 minutes and 19 seconds behind
>> Stuart O'Grady.

> Erik Dekker won that stage, not O'Grady.

Yes, but O'Grady was in yellow after the stage.
http://www.memoire-du-cyclisme.net/eta_tdf_1994_2003/tdf2001_8.php

Incredibly, after finishing more than 30 minutes ahead of the peloton, and
still only on the 8th stage, Dekker was almost an hour behind after the
stage.

--
Firefox Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 14:22:43 -0700, sonarrat <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Steven L. Sheffield wrote:
>> On 07/17/2005 09:59 PM, in article
>> [email protected], "[email protected]"
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>>I hear he's the king of the hills, STS. What's the furthest he's been
>>>down in any given stage during his incredible run to date? Is being 6
>>>minutes down at this point a big deal really...to a cyclist such as
>>>himself?

>> After stage 8 of the 2001 Tour, Lance was 35 minutes and 19 seconds behind
>> Stuart O'Grady.

>Dumbass,
>
>Erik Dekker won that stage, not O'Grady.

read

David Ferguson wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 14:22:43 -0700, sonarrat <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>Steven L. Sheffield wrote:
>>
>>>On 07/17/2005 09:59 PM, in article
>>>[email protected], "[email protected]"

>>>After stage 8 of the 2001 Tour, Lance was 35 minutes and 19 seconds behind
>>>Stuart O'Grady.

>>Dumbass,
>>
>>Erik Dekker won that stage, not O'Grady.

> read

The OP asked what the biggest time gap was on the day. Dekker was
further ahead. ;)