Lances Chopper!

"[size=-1]The custom chopper is designed to resemble a racing bike with sleek lines, low frame and signature yellow color."

Huh? Sorry, I don't see it. It mostly resembles a stretched and slammed bumblebee.
[/size]

danch said:
"[size=-1]The custom chopper is designed to resemble a racing bike with sleek lines, low frame and signature yellow color."

Huh? Sorry, I don't see it. It mostly resembles a stretched and slammed bumblebee.
[/size]
Look at the shape of the tank from the back view...it's his old TT helmet! I think it's a pretty chopper, but if I were Lance, I would have had Jesse James make me something more sporty, more like his wicked cafe racer that he did for one of the MCing mags early in the summer.

"The custom chopper is designed to resemble a racing bike with sleek lines, low frame and signature yellow color."

I'm assuming they mean a drag bike since nothing about that thing is sporty or even racy. It's a statement in bad handling geometry and form before function. As usual with choppers, it's a form of sculpture first and functional transportation last. When will people start to realize that a long-stroke, large bore, 72° V-twin is the wrong place to start if you want a performance engine?

Beastt said:
I'm assuming they mean a drag bike since nothing about that thing is sporty or even racy. It's a statement in bad handling geometry and form before function. As usual with choppers, it's a form of sculpture first and functional transportation last. When will people start to realize that a long-stroke, large bore, 72° V-twin is the wrong place to start if you want a performance engine?
an air-cooled, pushrod twin, at that.

BikerTrash1130 said:
One of my other past times is motorcycling. That bike is ugly!
Now this bike is HOT (and mine!).
http://pic10.picturetrail.com/VOL326/815976/2058807/64969315.jpg

People like what they like and if it suits you I'm happy that you can afford it. Still has the V-twin engine but maybe sport/performance isn't what you're after. The geometry is certainly better for handling than the custom chopper built for Lance but again, not he best for a serious afternoon of corner carving.

BikerTrash1130 said:
Afford it? I had to move back in with the folks! Totally worth it, though! "maybe sport/performance isn't what you're after" Sport? No. Performance? Liquid cooled, Porsche co-engineered; the V-Rod is PLENTY fast, thank you!:cool:

As for OCC, the motorcycling community in general doesn't have much respect for them. http://www.chopperweb.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3803
http://www.chopperweb.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3093

I didn't mean to insinuate that it wasn't fast. I'm sure those 115 HP are more than enough to quickly launch your sub-600 pound rocket to outrageous speeds. I only meant that it doesn't offer the same kind of performance you'd get from say... a 2003 Suzuki GSX-R1000 with 152 BHP providing the might to launch its 444 pound bulk toward the horizon or the 161 HP doing the street shreading behind Kawasaki's ~550 pound, ZX-12R.

Obviously those bikes are built with a different purpose in mind and utilize engine designs more appropriate for 5-digit redlines and straightening the twists of a favorite mountain road. To each their own and your's lives up to its intent, I'm sure.

I think the products of OCC are better classified as rolling sculpture than motorcycles. Most of them look painful to ride.

DHinrichs said:
Look at the shape of the tank from the back view...it's his old TT helmet! I think it's a pretty chopper, but if I were Lance, I would have had Jesse James make me something more sporty, more like his wicked cafe racer that he did for one of the MCing mags early in the summer.
I prefer a Jesse James bike anyday over the OCC bikes, that is if I could afford one. I'd agree this bike is U-G-L-Y.. I suppose if it were free, I'd take it, but that's about the only way it would be in my garage.

That bike, like all of the other OCC bikes, is horrendous. I doubt that Lance paid for it as it was probably The Discovery Channels idea. I think TDC solicits various companies to have OCC build them "theme" bikes. I just don't see the board of Snap-On saying, "a custom chopper will really help our business".

I am also a motorcycle guy. I currently ride a Triumph Speed Triple.