Lance's fall season..........???

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Charles Hizark, Aug 24, 2004.

  1. Lance's fall season..........??? Has anyone heard any new info on
    Lance's fall season. I thought I heard was thinking of possibly
    entering the Worlds.

    Tags:

  2. Dan Connelly

    Dan Connelly Guest

    Charles Hizark wrote:
    > Lance's fall season..........??? Has anyone heard any new info on
    > Lance's fall season. I thought I heard was thinking of possibly
    > entering the Worlds.

    He's in macrocycle two of a 3-macrocycle metacycle to prepare for Ride for the Roses:

    http://www.lancearmstrong.com/about_sched.htm

    Dan

  3. Dan Connelly <[email protected]_e_e_e.o_r_g> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Charles Hizark wrote:
    > > Lance's fall season..........??? Has anyone heard any new info on
    > > Lance's fall season. I thought I heard was thinking of possibly
    > > entering the Worlds.

    > He's in macrocycle two of a 3-macrocycle metacycle to prepare for Ride for the Roses:
    >
    > http://www.lancearmstrong.com/about_sched.htm

    Well I am disapointed that Lance has chosen to forego the fall season
    once again. Personally I don't see why Lance does not chose to try and
    win a fall clsasic like the Tour of Lombardy.
    > Dan

  4. warren

    warren Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Charles
    Hizark <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Dan Connelly <[email protected]_e_e_e.o_r_g> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Charles Hizark wrote:
    > > > Lance's fall season..........??? Has anyone heard any new info on
    > > > Lance's fall season. I thought I heard was thinking of possibly
    > > > entering the Worlds.

    > > He's in macrocycle two of a 3-macrocycle metacycle to prepare for Ride for
    > > the Roses:
    > >
    > > http://www.lancearmstrong.com/about_sched.htm
    > >

    > Well I am disapointed that Lance has chosen to forego the fall season
    > once again. Personally I don't see why Lance does not chose to try and
    > win a fall clsasic like the Tour of Lombardy.

    Perhaps his three kids could answer that question for you.

    -WG

  5. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    "Charles Hizark" <.google.com...
    > Dan Connelly <[email protected]>...
    > > Charles Hizark wrote:
    > > > Lance's fall season..........??? Has anyone heard any new info on
    > > > Lance's fall season. I thought I heard was thinking of possibly
    > > > entering the Worlds.

    > > He's in macrocycle two of a 3-macrocycle metacycle to prepare for Ride

    for the Roses:

    > > http://www.lancearmstrong.com/about_sched.htm

    > Well I am disapointed that Lance has chosen to forego the fall season
    > once again. Personally I don't see why Lance does not chose to try and
    > win a fall clsasic like the Tour of Lombardy.

    PERSONALLY it's easy to see why he would skip the remaining top 3 road races
    in October. We go over and over and over this every year (at least since
    Lance won his 2nd Tour).

    -Ken

    > > Dan

  6. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    [email protected] (Charles Hizark) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Dan Connelly <[email protected]_e_e_e.o_r_g> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Charles Hizark wrote:
    > > > Lance's fall season..........??? Has anyone heard any new info on
    > > > Lance's fall season. I thought I heard was thinking of possibly
    > > > entering the Worlds.

    > > He's in macrocycle two of a 3-macrocycle metacycle to prepare for Ride for the Roses:
    > >
    > > http://www.lancearmstrong.com/about_sched.htm
    > >

    > Well I am disapointed that Lance has chosen to forego the fall season
    > once again. Personally I don't see why Lance does not chose to try and
    > win a fall clsasic like the Tour of Lombardy.
    > > Dan

    simply because he's not capable of winning a classic after winning a Tour.

    Kenny

  7. Tom Paterson

    Tom Paterson Guest

    From Kenny:

    (Charles Hizark wrote):

    >>Personally I don't see why Lance does not chose to try and
    >> win a fall clsasic like the Tour of >>Lombardy.

    (Kenny replied):

    >simply because he's not capable of >winning a classic after winning a Tour.

    Quite possibly so. I look at it as an IQ test that LA has passed with flying
    colors for six years in a row now, with some encouragement from his friend
    Eddy. --TP

  8. amh

    amh Guest

    [email protected] (Charles Hizark) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Lance's fall season..........??? Has anyone heard any new info on
    > Lance's fall season. I thought I heard was thinking of possibly
    > entering the Worlds.

    When the Tour de France moves to the fall Lance will race in the fall.

    Andy

  9. warren <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<240820041950449035%[email protected]>...
    > In article <[email protected]>, Charles
    > Hizark <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Dan Connelly <[email protected]_e_e_e.o_r_g> wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > >
    > > > He's in macrocycle two of a 3-macrocycle metacycle to prepare for Ride for
    > > > the Roses:
    > > >
    > > > http://www.lancearmstrong.com/about_sched.htm
    > > >

    > > Well I am disapointed that Lance has chosen to forego the fall season
    > > once again. Personally I don't see why Lance does not chose to try and
    > > win a fall clsasic like the Tour of Lombardy.

    > Perhaps his three kids could answer that question for you.

    I don't see why Lance could not do a combination of training here and
    race the classics. I get the impression that Lance wants to rest on
    his laurels as they say.................

    > -WG

  10. Warren

    Warren Guest

    "Charles Hizark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > warren <[email protected]> wrote in message

    news:<240820041950449035%[email protected]>...
    > > In article <[email protected]>, Charles
    > > Hizark <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Dan Connelly <[email protected]_e_e_e.o_r_g> wrote in message
    > > > news:<[email protected]>...

    Ride for

    > > > Well I am disapointed that Lance has chosen to forego the fall season
    > > > once again. Personally I don't see why Lance does not chose to try and
    > > > win a fall clsasic like the Tour of Lombardy.

    > > Perhaps his three kids could answer that question for you.

    > I don't see why Lance could not do a combination of training here and
    > race the classics. I get the impression that Lance wants to rest on
    > his laurels as they say.................

    Well you certainly would know more about this than the only guy who has
    figured out how to win the Tour in the last 6 years. What about all the
    other guys who haven't won the Tour but race the Classics? Does this
    indicate support for your argument? How come we don't see more guys doing
    the Classics and winning the Tour, i.e. following your advice?

    -WG

  11. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

    Warren <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Well you certainly would know more about this than the only guy who has
    > figured out how to win the Tour in the last 6 years. What about all the
    > other guys who haven't won the Tour but race the Classics? Does this
    > indicate support for your argument? How come we don't see more guys doing
    > the Classics and winning the Tour, i.e. following your advice?

    Hell, I think one of the big reasons he was able to win this year
    at a relatively advanced age is that he has been racing a shortened
    season. Indurain began his Tour run with three seasons where he
    doubled up on the Giro. All three were high stress affairs, he won
    twice and finished all three on the podium. There is a toll there,
    and it may be mental more than physical, that I think was a factor
    when he attempted to win his 6th Tour.

    And then there was Eddy, who raced everything to win including 6 days
    in the winter. And who couldn't win a Tour past the age of 29.

    I'd like to see LANCE race more also, but I'm not going to knock him
    for kicking back every fall.

    Bob Schwartz
    [email protected]

  12. I get the impression that Lance wants to rest on
    > his laurels as they say.................
    > >
    > > -WG

    He doesn't want to get all busted up, like Tyler or Beloki.

  13. "Warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Charles Hizark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > warren <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > news:<240820041950449035%[email protected]>...

    > Ride for

    > > > Perhaps his three kids could answer that question for you.

    > > I don't see why Lance could not do a combination of training here and
    > > race the classics. I get the impression that Lance wants to rest on
    > > his laurels as they say.................

    > Well you certainly would know more about this than the only guy who has
    > figured out how to win the Tour in the last 6 years. What about all the
    > other guys who haven't won the Tour but race the Classics? Does this
    > indicate support for your argument? How come we don't see more guys doing
    > the Classics and winning the Tour, i.e. following your advice?

    Unfortunately I think it's a trend that has become accepted as fact. I
    do think that the UCI's recent decision to shorten the Giro and Vuelta
    is a step in the right direction.