Lance's fall season

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Heinz Getzler, Jul 30, 2003.

  1. It looks as though Lance is going to follow his usual summer-fall season. Lance won the criterium
    and will enter the GP Zurich. This all wonderful, but it's still disappointing that Lance does not
    try for some fall classics or possibly the Vuelta. Lance's reasons for not entering the Vuelta or
    avoiding a number of the spirng classics are plausibly valid. On the otherhand it's inexplicable why
    Lance chooses to aviod the fall season. One can understand why Lance wants Heras to have another
    chance in the Vuelta. It would be nice however if Lance were to win the Tour of Lombardy....

    Tags:

  2. Warren

    Warren Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Heinz Getzler
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > It looks as though Lance is going to follow his usual summer-fall season. Lance won the criterium
    > and will enter the GP Zurich. This all wonderful, but it's still disappointing that Lance does not
    > try for some fall classics or possibly the Vuelta. Lance's reasons for not entering the Vuelta or
    > avoiding a number of the spirng classics are plausibly valid. On the otherhand it's inexplicable
    > why Lance chooses to aviod the fall season. One can understand why Lance wants Heras to have
    > another chance in the Vuelta. It would be nice however if Lance were to win the Tour of
    > Lombardy....

    Perhaps he wants to do the unthinkable...spend time with his family.

    -WG

  3. Dwjones

    Dwjones Guest

    i agree. after all he does have a marriage that he needs to mend. family does come first "warren"
    <[email protected]> wrote in message news:300720031344239103%[email protected]vh.com...
    > In article <[email protected]>, Heinz Getzler
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > It looks as though Lance is going to follow his usual summer-fall season. Lance won the
    > > criterium and will enter the GP Zurich. This all wonderful, but it's still disappointing that
    > > Lance does not try for some fall classics or possibly the Vuelta. Lance's reasons for not
    > > entering the Vuelta or avoiding a number of the spirng classics are plausibly valid. On the
    > > otherhand it's inexplicable why Lance chooses to aviod the fall season. One can understand why
    > > Lance wants Heras to have another chance in the Vuelta. It would be nice however if Lance were
    > > to win the Tour of Lombardy....
    >
    > Perhaps he wants to do the unthinkable...spend time with his family.
    >
    > -WG

  4. Timbenz

    Timbenz Guest

    warren <[email protected]> wrote in news:300720031344239103%[email protected]:

    > Perhaps he wants to do the unthinkable...spend time with his family.

    Funny, isn't it? Since I became a father I find that sort of answer much more acceptable. It
    actually makes me feel better to see him spending more time with his family. Think that is the right
    thing to do, not further racing.

  5. Nev Shea

    Nev Shea Guest

    [email protected] (Heinz Getzler) wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > On the otherhand it's inexplicable why Lance chooses to aviod the fall season.

    Perhaps he starts training for cyclocross season, just in case he needs those skills again.

    NS

  6. Clovis Lark

    Clovis Lark Guest

    Nev Shea <[email protected]> wrote:
    > [email protected] (Heinz Getzler) wrote in news:[email protected]:

    >> On the otherhand it's inexplicable why Lance chooses to aviod the fall season.

    > Perhaps he starts training for cyclocross season, just in case he needs those skills again.

    Lance's fall season ended on the 21st of July...