lance's fin helmet

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Panda, Jul 28, 2003.

  1. Panda

    Panda Guest

    why does lance amstrongs TT helmet look different to all the others, having a big fin-like
    end on it?

    panda

    Tags:

  2. Jay Hill

    Jay Hill Guest

    panda wrote:
    > why does lance amstrongs TT helmet look different to all the others,

    There are others like his

    > having a big fin-like end on it?

    Because wind tunnel tests showed that that shape works best for him because of the way his body is
    postioned while riding. Frankie Andreu on OLN said Lance had licensed his particular hemet shape.

  3. Bill Graham

    Bill Graham Guest

    David Millar's looked like Armstrong's I noticed on the final time trial.

    > panda wrote:
    >> why does lance amstrongs TT helmet look different to all the others,
    >
    > There are others like his
    >
    >> having a big fin-like end on it?
    >
    > Because wind tunnel tests showed that that shape works best for him because of the way his body is
    > postioned while riding. Frankie Andreu on OLN said Lance had licensed his particular hemet shape.

  4. Kbh

    Kbh Guest

    It actually was one of Lance's - he gave it to him.

    "Bill Graham" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BB4A8A68.1C5CE%[email protected]...
    > David Millar's looked like Armstrong's I noticed on the final time trial.
    >
    > > panda wrote:
    > >> why does lance amstrongs TT helmet look different to all the others,
    > >
    > > There are others like his
    > >
    > >> having a big fin-like end on it?
    > >
    > > Because wind tunnel tests showed that that shape works best for him because of the way his body
    > > is postioned while riding. Frankie Andreu on OLN said Lance had licensed his particular hemet
    > > shape.

  5. Drew Cutter

    Drew Cutter Guest

    Lance ,Had his helmet custom made for him . Lance paid out of his own pocket to have it wind tested.

  6. "KBH" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > It actually was one of Lance's - he gave it to him.

    nope. Check out Giro website, Lance and Millar are officially, individually sponsored by Giro. This
    could give him some facilitations. Just my 2 cents...

  7. sorry - you're wrong AFAIK lance paid for the testing but doesn't himself own and plastics
    manufacturing facilities. Giro, one of his sponsors, are kind enough to produce the item for him.
    Lance owns the rights and is kind enough to give David one. Send Will - the tech dude on
    lancearmstrong.com a note to check.

    news:[email protected]...