Lance's new jersey

Kathrin

Oct 30, 2003
Does anybody want to get a sneak preview of Lance's new jersey? Go to www.radsportnews.com and look under "Team Discovery Channel. Armstrongs neues Trikot". And tell me what you think. :(

thats is.... totaly not beautiful. who could create such monstrosity???

I really don't like the turquoise color unless it is just my old monitor messing with the colors. I can just hear Phil now, "And here comes Armstrong and the turquoise train. The boys in turqoise are throwing down the gauntlet now eh Paul! (Covering microphone..."Hey Paul why couldn't they just have stuck with bloody blue? The blue train rolled off the tongue so nicely. But now this, oh this is quite dreadful wouldn't you say?)

Other than the turquoise I think the kits look pretty good

He's sponsor is Discovery Channel.. What can you expect???

I know it's not that most beautiful jersey.. But we will see what it can be.

I don't like it as much as the USPS jersey. I'm going to miss the American red/white/blue aspect of Postal leaving, but I can't really complain...it looks fine.

I wonder what kind of paint job they're going to do on the bikes?

First sight was bad, but now I like it! It`s something special! No other jersey has colors like these!
I`m wondering where did radsportnews get the jersey sample..

Virenque said:
First sight was bad, but now I like it! It`s something special! No other jersey has colors like these!

That's what I'm wondering about, too. I guess the team would habe preferred to keep it a secret until the team presentation on Jan 10th. The picture looks a bit like taken from a Nike catalog. So maybe they got access to one of the new ones.

birdman23 said:
I really don't like the turquoise color unless it is just my old monitor messing with the colors. I can just hear Phil now, "And here comes Armstrong and the turquoise train. The boys in turqoise are throwing down the gauntlet now eh Paul! (Covering microphone..."Hey Paul why couldn't they just have stuck with bloody blue? The blue train rolled off the tongue so nicely. But now this, oh this is quite dreadful wouldn't you say?)

Other than the turquoise I think the kits look pretty good

I had to smile a lot reading your post. :) I think, though, in reality it's not really turquoise. On ww.paceline.com (the entrance on jersey designing) there is an actual photo with a part of the jersey visible (in contrast to the drawing on www.radsportnews.com) and there it looks like real blue (lighter than the USPS blue, though).

What I really dislike about the jersey is that snakeskin pattern in the grey section of the jersey. Ugh.

Virenque said:
Funny, you say such a thing. The jersey colors looks very similar to what Viirenque is wearing in your avatar.

Kathrin said:
Does anybody want to get a sneak preview of Lance's new jersey? Go to www.radsportnews.com and look under "Team Discovery Channel. Armstrongs neues Trikot". And tell me what you think. :(
Not bad. I wonder what one in Yellow would look like???

blowin mud said:
Funny, you say such a thing. The jersey colors looks very similar to what Viirenque is wearing in your avatar.
Similar colors yes, I didn`t even think about that! But jerseys in general are very different..at least for me.

Also, isn't the yellow band on one arm a bit cheeky? Either making assumptions about yellow jerseys, or cashing in on LAF... not sure which.