Lance's New Team

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by Team RadioShack, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Team RadioShack

Team RadioShack New Member

Possible Juggernaut Lineup for Lance Armstrong's Team Radio Shack in 2010 TDF:

Lance Armstrong
    Levi Leipheimer
    Andreas Kloden
    Yaroslav Popovych
    George Hincapie
    Alberto Contador (maybe...)
    Haimar Zubeldia
    Sergio Paulinho (if Contador comes)
    Gregory Rast
    Janez Brajkovic (assuming either if not both Contador or Paulinho come with Armstong)

Tags:

2. vortexrob

vortexrob New Member

As it seems that Contador will win the 2009 TdF and was it's winner in 2007, it's unlikely he will ride w/Lance again unless he is the team leader. Anyway, Alberto has an offer on the table as team leader for another team...FORMULA-ONE - F1: Alonso Eyes Cycling Team - SPEEDtv.com

3. bikinchris

bikinchris New Member

Too many chiefs and not enough indians.
    But I hope he looks at Tyler Phinney and Brice Feilleu (sp)as well as Dave Z.

4. pedro-xtc2

pedro-xtc2 New Member

Both Andy and Frank Schleck maybe?

5. Big Julie

Big Julie New Member

Contador? - no way. Going to Spain
    Schlecks? - no way. Staying in Belgium
    George? - maybe

Probable

Levi
    Popo
    Chris Horner
    Kloden
    Zubeldia
    Taylor Phinney - if he recovers from major concussion

probably some suprises

6. oldbluejeans

oldbluejeans New Member

This would result in the same problem as this year: Too many chiefs, not enough Indians. Alberto isn't gonna ride for anyone unless HE is the only chief, ( and who could blame him ). Kloden could be in that category, but is probably a case of close but no cigar.

7. bicycledick

bicycledick New Member

Lance will need some major players, because he can't do it anymore. He's going to need someone for the mountains.

8. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

Sorry to take this off topic, I wasn't aware of him being injured, is it as serious as your saying here? (if he recovers?) :eek:

Back on topic, he is an obvious choice for a future star rider.

9. Big Julie

Big Julie New Member

Here's a little quote in case you think Contador and Armstrong will be team mates... ever:

Tour de France winner Alberto Contador on Monday launched a stinging attack on teammate Lance Armstrong, saying relations between the two were tense throughout the race.
    "My relationship with Lance is non-existent. Even if he is a great champion, I have never had admiration for him and I never will," the Spaniard told a news conference in Madrid.

10. Big Julie

Big Julie New Member

11. TEMcDonald

TEMcDonald New Member

I see all except Contador. With all the stuff that has come out today about how hard the tour was OFF the road, there's no way that 1) he rides for Armstrong and 2) Armstrong invites him.

12. Traumadoc

Traumadoc New Member

Can't do it anymore? He trained nine months after being away for three and one half years and finished with Contador and Schleck on Mount Ventoux. I wish I "didn't have it" like that. Contador was clearly stronger in the time trials and mountains Contador, Schleck, Armstrong, Wiggins, and Leipheimer should be a pretty interesting race next year. Kloden is close but will probably be a domestique again. Armstrong's team next year will not have other real contenders on it because it will be designed specifically around Armstrong. Contador will be the leader of his new team. The real question will come down to which team can snag the best support people. Contador will need good support now that he has left Astana. The other question is where does Johan Brunyeel end up as team director?

13. dmac57

dmac57 New Member

Contador without Bruyneel = Claudio Chiappucci.

As far as the Madrid press conference, if Contador now proclaims he has never admired Lance, then he lied on international TV in his Versus interview. You can part company with class, but that sure doesn't sound like it to me.

14. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

Did Chiappucci ever win a GT?

15. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

...and he broke a clavicle just 5 or 6 weeks before Le Tour.

16. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

Seems not :D

I love this old footage :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orMnutFbptQ"]YouTube - Tour de France 1992 : Claudio Chiappucci à Sestrières (1/2)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqoH6R-99N0"]YouTube - Tour de France 1992 : Claudio Chiappucci à Sestrières (2/2)[/ame]

17. dmac57

dmac57 New Member

Nope. Neither has AC w/o JB.

But, AC has obviously become a potent TT rider, something that neither Chiappucci nor Pantani managed to do.

Plenty of fuel for the winter discussions, eh?

Funny you posted the Sestriere vids. We watched part of that tape last night. That was the first year we paid attention to the Tour on TV.

18. ydeeps

ydeeps New Member

Contador has shown he's the best there is right now, but he obviously has problems with holding his composure. I can understand the resentment he would feel having the spotlight stolen from him by Armstrong and feeling the need to show his strength. Did you see him lash out at the spectators on stage 15? Of course you did! Yeah they deserved it. They should have been tackled by pro football players, but Contador should rise above it. Getting back to my point. This statement is quite the opposite of the interview he gave on Versus where he stated that while recovering from his aneurysm surgery he was inspired by and looked up to Armstrong and compared his own recovery with Armstrong's. Contador needs to grow up, save the words, speak no ill of other riders, don't lash out, just ride and prove his strength where it counts. He'll garner far more respect this way than throwing a tantrum and demanding people give him the respect he's due.

19. vsalemme

vsalemme New Member

Yep - another whiney, arrogant European, what have ya done for me lately, back-stabbing Ahole... :rolleyes: He should have simply said "Thanks for pacing me Lance'....:rolleyes: He's not 1/3 the rider Lance ever was, nor will he ever be....

20. Big E.

Big E. New Member

Charming!. But tell me. how do you pace somebody by going backwards?.