Levi Leipheimer
Andreas Kloden
Yaroslav Popovych
George Hincapie
Alberto Contador (maybe...)
Haimar Zubeldia
Sergio Paulinho (if Contador comes)
Gregory Rast
Janez Brajkovic (assuming either if not both Contador or Paulinho come with Armstong)

Team RadioShack said:
Possible Juggernaut Lineup for Lance Armstrong's Team Radio Shack in 2010 TDF:

Lance Armstrong
Levi Leipheimer
Andreas Kloden
Yaroslav Popovych
George Hincapie
Alberto Contador (maybe...)
Haimar Zubeldia
Sergio Paulinho (if Contador comes)
Gregory Rast
Janez Brajkovic (assuming either if not both Contador or Paulinho come with Armstong)

Too many chiefs and not enough indians.
But I hope he looks at Tyler Phinney and Brice Feilleu (sp)as well as Dave Z.

Contador? - no way. Going to Spain
Schlecks? - no way. Staying in Belgium
George? - maybe

Probable

Levi
Popo
Chris Horner
Kloden
Zubeldia
Taylor Phinney - if he recovers from major concussion

probably some suprises

This would result in the same problem as this year: Too many chiefs, not enough Indians. Alberto isn't gonna ride for anyone unless HE is the only chief, ( and who could blame him ). Kloden could be in that category, but is probably a case of close but no cigar.

Lance will need some major players, because he can't do it anymore. He's going to need someone for the mountains.

Big Julie said:
Taylor Phinney - if he recovers from major concussion

Sorry to take this off topic, I wasn't aware of him being injured, is it as serious as your saying here? (if he recovers?) :eek:

Back on topic, he is an obvious choice for a future star rider.

Here's a little quote in case you think Contador and Armstrong will be team mates... ever:

Tour de France winner Alberto Contador on Monday launched a stinging attack on teammate Lance Armstrong, saying relations between the two were tense throughout the race.
"My relationship with Lance is non-existent. Even if he is a great champion, I have never had admiration for him and I never will," the Spaniard told a news conference in Madrid.

I see all except Contador. With all the stuff that has come out today about how hard the tour was OFF the road, there's no way that 1) he rides for Armstrong and 2) Armstrong invites him.

Can't do it anymore? He trained nine months after being away for three and one half years and finished with Contador and Schleck on Mount Ventoux. I wish I "didn't have it" like that. Contador was clearly stronger in the time trials and mountains Contador, Schleck, Armstrong, Wiggins, and Leipheimer should be a pretty interesting race next year. Kloden is close but will probably be a domestique again. Armstrong's team next year will not have other real contenders on it because it will be designed specifically around Armstrong. Contador will be the leader of his new team. The real question will come down to which team can snag the best support people. Contador will need good support now that he has left Astana. The other question is where does Johan Brunyeel end up as team director?

Contador without Bruyneel = Claudio Chiappucci.

As far as the Madrid press conference, if Contador now proclaims he has never admired Lance, then he lied on international TV in his Versus interview. You can part company with class, but that sure doesn't sound like it to me.

Traumadoc said:
Can't do it anymore? He trained nine months after being away for three and one half years and finished with Contador and Schleck on Mount Ventoux. I wish I "didn't have it" like that. Contador was clearly stronger in the time trials and mountains Contador, Schleck, Armstrong, Wiggins, and Leipheimer should be a pretty interesting race next year. Kloden is close but will probably be a domestique again. Armstrong's team next year will not have other real contenders on it because it will be designed specifically around Armstrong. Contador will be the leader of his new team. The real question will come down to which team can snag the best support people. Contador will need good support now that he has left Astana. The other question is where does Johan Brunyeel end up as team director?

...and he broke a clavicle just 5 or 6 weeks before Le Tour.

steve said:
Did Chiappucci ever win a GT?

Seems not :D

dmac57 said:
Contador without Bruyneel = Claudio Chiappucci.

I love this old footage :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orMnutFbptQ"]YouTube - Tour de France 1992 : Claudio Chiappucci à Sestrières (1/2)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqoH6R-99N0"]YouTube - Tour de France 1992 : Claudio Chiappucci à Sestrières (2/2)[/ame]

steve said:
Did Chiappucci ever win a GT?

Nope. Neither has AC w/o JB.

But, AC has obviously become a potent TT rider, something that neither Chiappucci nor Pantani managed to do.

Plenty of fuel for the winter discussions, eh?

Funny you posted the Sestriere vids. We watched part of that tape last night. That was the first year we paid attention to the Tour on TV.

Big Julie said:
Here's a little quote in case you think Contador and Armstrong will be team mates... ever:

Tour de France winner Alberto Contador on Monday launched a stinging attack on teammate Lance Armstrong, saying relations between the two were tense throughout the race.
"My relationship with Lance is non-existent. Even if he is a great champion, I have never had admiration for him and I never will," the Spaniard told a news conference in Madrid.

Contador has shown he's the best there is right now, but he obviously has problems with holding his composure. I can understand the resentment he would feel having the spotlight stolen from him by Armstrong and feeling the need to show his strength. Did you see him lash out at the spectators on stage 15? Of course you did! Yeah they deserved it. They should have been tackled by pro football players, but Contador should rise above it. Getting back to my point. This statement is quite the opposite of the interview he gave on Versus where he stated that while recovering from his aneurysm surgery he was inspired by and looked up to Armstrong and compared his own recovery with Armstrong's. Contador needs to grow up, save the words, speak no ill of other riders, don't lash out, just ride and prove his strength where it counts. He'll garner far more respect this way than throwing a tantrum and demanding people give him the respect he's due.

Big Julie said:
Yep - another whiney, arrogant European, what have ya done for me lately, back-stabbing Ahole... :rolleyes: He should have simply said "Thanks for pacing me Lance'....:rolleyes: He's not 1/3 the rider Lance ever was, nor will he ever be....