Lance's start fee.................????

Charles Hizark

Guest
Lance's race start fee.................????

I was wondering if anyone has heard what Lance charges to start a race........????????????? Ullrich
was asking 50,000 euros recently.

"Charles Hizark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Lance's race start fee.................????
>
> I was wondering if anyone has heard what Lance charges to start a race........?????????????
> Ullrich was asking 50,000 euros recently.

This is really a non-issue considering how few races he does each year. Also, I doubt that the TdF
is paying him, or anyone, a start fee

B. Lafferty wrote:
> "Charles Hizark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Lance's race start fee.................????
>>
>>I was wondering if anyone has heard what Lance charges to start a race........?????????????
>>Ullrich was asking 50,000 euros recently.
>

> This is really a non-issue considering how few races he does each year.

Huh?

> Also, I doubt that the TdF is paying him, or anyone, a start fee

So what?

We're talking Georgia. Post-Tour crits. Not the Tour.

"Charles Hizark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Lance's race start fee.................????
>
> I was wondering if anyone has heard what Lance charges to start a race........?????????????
> Ullrich was asking 50,000 euros recently.

Dumbass -

No race has ever paid me a start fee and if they don't pay me then they don't pay anyone.

take care and have a nice day,

K. Gringioni Masters Fattie

"Dan Connelly" <d_j_c_o_n_n_e_l@i_e_e_e.o_r_g> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> B. Lafferty wrote:
> > "Charles Hizark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> >>Lance's race start fee.................????
> >>
> >>I was wondering if anyone has heard what Lance charges to start a race........?????????????
> >>Ullrich was asking 50,000 euros recently.
> >

> > This is really a non-issue considering how few races he does each year.
>
> Huh?

How many days of racing did Armstong do last year?

> > Also, I doubt that the TdF is paying him, or anyone, a start fee
>
> So what?
>
> We're talking Georgia. Post-Tour crits. Not the Tour.

Georgia is paying him to ride?? OK, he does maybe two post-Tour Kermesses for a start fee. Ya think
Algarve's organizers are paying him or did they give him a time trial in lieu of a start fee?

> "Dan Connelly" <d_j_c_o_n_n_e_l@i_e_e_e.o_r_g> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > B. Lafferty wrote:
> > > "Charles Hizark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> > > This is really a non-issue considering how few races he does each
year.

> > Huh?
>
> How many days of racing did Armstong do last year?
>

> > > Also, I doubt that the TdF is paying him, or anyone, a start fee
> >
> > So what?
> >
> > We're talking Georgia. Post-Tour crits. Not the Tour.
>
> Georgia is paying him to ride?? OK, he does maybe two post-Tour Kermesses for a start fee. Ya
> think Algarve's organizers are paying him or did they give him a time trial in lieu of a
> start fee?

The point should be that is will vary according to the prestige and prizes available for actual
places and is usually zero. I doubt there is much if any standard that any of the riders will
have except that in a given season (and I mean the post Tour appearance races) they will have
an objective to get a given amount but it is always negotiated. Your mileage will vary and so
will theirs.

> Georgia is paying him to ride?? OK, he does maybe two post-Tour Kermesses for a start fee. Ya
> think Algarve's organizers are paying him or did they give him a time trial in lieu of a
> start fee?

Lance showing up at certain races probably has more to do with an obligation to his various sponsors
than whether a start fee is paid. True enough that he considers his "job" to be winning the Tour de
France, but his sponsors would like to get a bit more coverage than just one little race in France
brings. Plus, on the domestic side, it helps create more interest in the TDF when more people see
Lance. But if Lance has other ideas, little else matters.

"Charles Hizark" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse
news:[email protected]...
> Lance's race start fee.................????
>
> I was wondering if anyone has heard what Lance charges to start a race........?????????????
> Ullrich was asking 50,000 euros recently.

Lance raced here in Denmark last year, shortly after finishing the Tour. Rumours paid him anywhere
between 20-50000 euro.

He landed, was taken to the race, did an interview, one lap (1,5 km) of warming up, raced for little
over an hour, finished 7, did a few autographs (too few), another interview, was escorted back to
the plane, took off.

Nice job.

HB

Henrik Jensen wrote:
> "Charles Hizark" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse
> news:[email protected]...
>> Lance's race start fee.................????
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone has heard what Lance charges to start a race........?????????????
>> Ullrich was asking 50,000 euros recently.
>
> Lance raced here in Denmark last year, shortly after finishing the Tour. Rumours paid him anywhere
> between 20-50000 euro.
>
> He landed, was taken to the race, did an interview, one lap (1,5 km) of warming up, raced for
> little over an hour, finished 7, did a few autographs (too few), another interview, was escorted
> back to the plane, took off.
>
> Nice job.
>
> HB
I read he was paid 50K euros for the Denmark appearance. 45K for one in France.

BTW, Ullrich was paid similar amounts for post tour "appearances"