Lance's weight

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by HellonWheels, Jul 25, 2005.

1. HellonWheels

HellonWheels New Member

How much weight do you think LA will gain now that he's retired? I'm not asking this to be insulting, just being realistic (a lot of athletes get fat when they retire.)

I personally think LA will look a lot better if he puts on about 20 or more pounds...the too-thin look of racing cyclists does nothing for me, personally. I hope he fills out like Eddy Merckx did, he'll look great!

Tags:

2. wilmar13

wilmar13 New Member

Until about a year or two ago Merckx was pretty fat, that would be more than 20lbs on Armstrong. Do you really think fat guys are that much more attractive? I mean I understand not wanting a toothpick but women can't all want a chubby dude...

3. bobke

bobke New Member

Chris Carmichael in one of his Lance's training "Dont try this at home kids" talks described how Lance worked calorie deficits into training the six weeks before the Tour to lose those last few. He then said, "What no one sees though is that Lance gains 10-12 pounds in the next few weeks after the Tour, back to his regular weight."
    Wow! That is ridiculous.

So I would expect he will be 15 pounds heavier than TOUR WEIGHT as his regular, maybe twenty.

4. HellonWheels

HellonWheels New Member

Personally, I prefer larger guys...and by larger, yes, I mean a bit on the heavy side. I always did...I tend to like dominant men, and heavier guys (esp. if tall) just seem more dominant/imposing/whatever. Its one of the things I feel guilty about...here I am, a cyclist, professing to love cycling...yet I don't find cyclists attractive (unless they are bigger guys, and yes there are big cyclists, just not in prof racing.)