Landis and testosterone

Hawaiian Wayne

Guest
How long are the members of this group going to keep chit-chatting
about Landis and the testosterone incident?

I'm so sick of hearing about it now that I could PUKE~! Drop it,
already...Jeez!

Aloha for now,
Hawaiian Wayne

In article
<[email protected]>,
Hawaiian Wayne <[email protected]> wrote:

> How long are the members of this group going to keep chit-chatting
> about Landis and the testosterone incident?
>
> I'm so sick of hearing about it now that I could PUKE~! Drop it,
> already...Jeez!

It is induhviduals such as yourself that post messages
about the incident, not the "group." But, you are
excused. You do not know any better.

--
Michael Press

Michael Press wrote:
> It is induhviduals such as yourself that post messages
> about the incident, not the "group."

Assimilation is inevitable. Resistance is futile. We are the Borg.

On Sep 5, 9:29 am, Hawaiian Wayne <[email protected]> wrote:
> How long are the members of this group going to keep chit-chatting
> about Landis and the testosterone incident?
>
> I'm so sick of hearing about it now that I could PUKE~! Drop it,
> already...Jeez!
>
> Aloha for now,
> Hawaiian Wayne

3.2 on the troll-o-meter. Unimaginative subject, hackneyed phrasing.
One bonus point for no profanity.

Smokey

On Sep 5, 1:24 pm, Smokey <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Sep 5, 9:29 am, Hawaiian Wayne <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > How long are the members of this group going to keep chit-chatting
> > about Landis and thetestosteroneincident?

> > I'm so sick of hearing about it now that I could PUKE~! Drop it,
> > already...Jeez!

> > Aloha for now,
> > Hawaiian Wayne

> 3.2 on the troll-o-meter. Unimaginative subject, hackneyed phrasing.
> One bonus point for no profanity.
>
> Smokey

Finally!

I was waiting for my score. I thought it a solid 2 and was only hoping
for at least that, so a 3.2 far exceeded my wildest dreams.

I can sleep happy now.

Hawaiian Wayne

"Hawaiian Wayne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sep 5, 1:24 pm, Smokey <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Sep 5, 9:29 am, Hawaiian Wayne <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> > How long are the members of this group going to keep chit-chatting
>> > about Landis and thetestosteroneincident?

>> > I'm so sick of hearing about it now that I could PUKE~! Drop it,
>> > already...Jeez!

>> > Aloha for now,
>> > Hawaiian Wayne

>> 3.2 on the troll-o-meter. Unimaginative subject, hackneyed phrasing.
>> One bonus point for no profanity.
>>
>> Smokey

> Finally!
>
> I was waiting for my score. I thought it a solid 2 and was only hoping
> for at least that, so a 3.2 far exceeded my wildest dreams.
>
> I can sleep happy now.
>
> Hawaiian Wayne

Hope you dream about Landis and thetestosteroneincident.

On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 14:59:50 -0000, Hawaiian Wayne <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Sep 5, 1:24 pm, Smokey <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Sep 5, 9:29 am, Hawaiian Wayne <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> > How long are the members of this group going to keep chit-chatting
>> > about Landis and thetestosteroneincident?

>> > I'm so sick of hearing about it now that I could PUKE~! Drop it,
>> > already...Jeez!

>> > Aloha for now,
>> > Hawaiian Wayne

>> 3.2 on the troll-o-meter. Unimaginative subject, hackneyed phrasing.
>> One bonus point for no profanity.
>>
>> Smokey

>Finally!
>
>I was waiting for my score. I thought it a solid 2 and was only hoping
>for at least that, so a 3.2 far exceeded my wildest dreams.

Yeah but you were hoping on a 0 - 10 scale, the 3.2 represents Troll-O-Metric
Preemminences of which there are 37. So your score is actually less than one,
according to your system.

SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:

> A compact bike frame, to me, appears as one not fitting together
> correctly. Maybe I should go into the bike frame business. Bikers
> don't even seem to notice.

I still don't understand why the top tube angle makes any difference, except for frame mass. But what do I know....

Dan

On Sep 10, 12:11 pm, Dan Connelly <d_j_c_o_n_n_e_l@y_a_h_o_o_._c_o_m>
wrote:
> SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
>

> > A compact bike frame, to me, appears as one not fitting together
> > correctly. Maybe I should go into the bike frame business. Bikers
> > don't even seem to notice.

> I still don't understand why the top tube angle makes any difference, except for frame mass. But what do I know....

It looks odd -- like my shed frame construction.

Do frame pumps stay and fit well in compact frames? For "classic"
geometry, there was a peg for the obtuse angle and a the seat-top
angle was acute.

I suppose it doesn't matter for carbon frames -- they need straps to
hold the pump. I hate that. Lame-o.

SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
> I suppose it doesn't matter for carbon frames -- they need straps to
> hold the pump. I hate that. Lame-o.

Where did that come from? My cf Look 381 holds a generic frame pump
under the top tube just fine (without a strap), and it could also hold a
pump along the seat tube.

Jay Hill wrote:
> SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
>> I suppose it doesn't matter for carbon frames -- they need straps to
>> hold the pump. I hate that. Lame-o.

> Where did that come from? My cf Look 381 holds a generic frame pump
> under the top tube just fine (without a strap), and it could also hold a
> pump along the seat tube.

The material doesn't matter. I have an aluminum Fondreist with carbon
rear triangle and there's no room for a pump. But with CO2 cartridges,
who carries a pump anymore?

Kyle Legate wrote:

> Jay Hill wrote:
>> SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
>>> I suppose it doesn't matter for carbon frames -- they need straps to
>>> hold the pump. I hate that. Lame-o.

>> Where did that come from? My cf Look 381 holds a generic frame pump
>> under the top tube just fine (without a strap), and it could also
>> hold a pump along the seat tube.
>>

> The material doesn't matter. I have an aluminum Fondreist with carbon
> rear triangle and there's no room for a pump. But with CO2 cartridges,
> who carries a pump anymore?

With N2O cartridges, who needs a bicycle?

--
Bill Asher

Kyle Legate wrote:

> The material doesn't matter. I have an aluminum Fondreist with carbon
> rear triangle and there's no room for a pump. But with CO2 cartridges,
> who carries a pump anymore?

CO2 + cell phone?

Harumph. I'll stick with my Topeak Morph.

Dan

On 09/11/2007 11:50 AM, in article [email protected], "Kyle
Legate" <[email protected]> wrote:

> But with CO2 cartridges,
> who carries a pump anymore?

People who prefer to keep extra CO2 out of the atmosphere?

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

In article <C30CCE7C.62D53%[email protected]>,
"Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote:

> On 09/11/2007 11:50 AM, in article [email protected], "Kyle
> Legate" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > But with CO2 cartridges,
> > who carries a pump anymore?

> People who prefer to keep extra CO2 out of the atmosphere?

There's also the possibilty that one might have more flats than cartridges.

--
tanx,
Howard

Faberge eggs are elegant but I prefer Faberge bacon.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Steven L. Sheffield wrote:
> On 09/11/2007 11:50 AM, in article [email protected], "Kyle
> Legate" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> But with CO2 cartridges,
>> who carries a pump anymore?

> People who prefer to keep extra CO2 out of the atmosphere?

Stop breathing then.

On 09/12/2007 12:32 AM, in article [email protected], "Kyle
Legate" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Steven L. Sheffield wrote:
>> On 09/11/2007 11:50 AM, in article [email protected], "Kyle
>> Legate" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> But with CO2 cartridges,
>>> who carries a pump anymore?

>> People who prefer to keep extra CO2 out of the atmosphere?
>>

> Stop breathing then.

I said **EXTRA** CO2.

Maybe I should have said "unnecessary CO2" ...

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com
double-yew double-ewe dot flahute dot com [foreword] slash

You're saying Al ***** should stop breathing?

On Sep 12, 12:00 pm, SLAVE of THE STATE <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Sep 12, 5:58 am, "Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

> > On 09/12/2007 12:32 AM, in article [email protected], "Kyle

> > > Stop breathing then.

> > I said **EXTRA** CO2.

> > Maybe I should have said "unnecessary CO2" ...

> You're saying Al ***** should stop breathing?- Hide quoted text -

I thought he converted CO2 to oxygen?
Bill C

On Sep 12, 7:46 pm, Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Donald Munro <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Howard Kveck wrote:
> > > There's also the possibilty that one might have more flats than cartridges.

> > You get some pretty small pumps that fit in a jersey pocket these
> > days for emergencies like that. They work pretty reasonably,
> > you can get your tyres up to 80 psi or so if you don't mind a
> > a bit of PT (particularly helpful training for people who don't
> > have a scintillating social life).

> I've seen these micro pumps and it looks like frustrating work getting even that
> much pressure in a tire, if the mini pumps are anything to go by. Definitely more
> of a cardio workout than the ride itself.

I have one for commuting around town, but they suck. My road racing
bikes have large and light (150g) frame pumps that pump a lot of air
fast.

Plus, if they are attached, I don't have to remember them.

I don't want to waste my time and money going and buying cartridges.
What a PITA.

> Greg is right that the shapes of carbon frames
> don't often lend themselves to frame pumps - the big radii at the joints don't help.

That's it for mine. Straps are a necessity. Many others I've seen
are the same way. Lame-o.

> I think I'm going to find a smallish regular frame pump and do something to attach it
> to the bottom of the left chainstay (it'll lower the CG and be more aero, you
> know...).

I tryed that, but couldn't get it to work. I've seen it work for some
folks though.

---
I was thinking about another reason I don't like compact frames. I
have bought my Leesville Gap Survival Water Bottles, which are those
giant 38-40 oz Zefals. They are very tall. Combine those with a
frame pump, large (and rounded joint) frame tubes, and a compact
frame, then people without a large frame size will not get the
combination to fit in the available space. While these are minor
complaints, I don't find the compact frame compelling. I would not
buy one.

Incidentally, the King cages don't lose those big-ass bottles, even on
rough pavement. I say that only to annoy Bob, as he seems to have
this "anti-cool is cool" thing going on.

So now can we get back to chit-chatting about Landis and testosterone?